Official: Will Hughes joins Watford

silhillian

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Kernow said:

He only has fond memories of the last 10 years at the club? Are we sure that Will Hughes actually played for the same club that we all support?

I read it as he will only take the fond memories, and forget the bad ones.

PistoldPete2
1 minute ago, RiddingsRam said:

What's saying that he didn't push the move ? The club or Will aren't going to come out and say that are they ? 

If we we're selling all our players off left right and centre and not replacing them or replacing them with youth that's not up to the job I could understand your point. Personally I think Will wanted a move , he didn't fit into what Rowett wants to do and the move suits all parties. 

There's absolutely nothing to suggest will has been pushing for a move ... He signed a new contract last year. 

rowett wasn't playing him last season.. It just seems he's not Rowett's sort of player. Not Neanderthal enough.

We will move on - lets see who comes in....maybe we will build a team for a change where the whole is way bigger than the sum parts..

Only strange part to me is when you look at the ridiculous prices Mel has paid for total rubbish, it seems bizzare that in this age of mad over inflated prices he lets him go for - lets face it - peanuts in today's market..maybe there is more to it - I guess we will never know

5 minutes ago, rynny said:

I read it as he will only take the fond memories, and forget the bad ones.

As a player or a club though? If it's the latter I'd like to thank Will for his 1 year service with us.

10 minutes ago, Kernow said:

He only has fond memories of the last 10 years at the club? Are we sure that Will Hughes actually played for the same club that we all support?

He been at Derby since age 12 hence last 10 years bit. He'll remember the good times anyway. 

8 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Igor stimac was not a relative unknown. 

I think the best we can hope for is that we buy someone from abroad like stimac or asanovic. 

But I think the days when you could snap up bargains have gone, unless it's Derby who are doing the selling.

That's one player out of the ones he bought.

My point is most of us thought we'd go up with the likes of Kitson, Pembridge, johnson, short, williams, Gabiaddini. 

We went up with powell, van der laan, simpson Stimac (whom I never heard of before he came to the uk) :p

Just now, mwram1973 said:

That would be Premier league Watford would it. Somewhere we haven't managed to get into for 10 years even WITH will Hughes.

Yeah, Premier League Watford. We were ahead of Watford 13/14, we let it slip. We should be the ones buying their best players, not losing our best players for pathetic sums. 

Just now, Andicis said:

Yeah, Premier League Watford. We were ahead of Watford 13/14, we let it slip. We should be the ones buying their best players, not losing our best players for pathetic sums. 

Unfortunately this is the real world and they are a premier league club, we ain't, and if you really think watfords best players would drop a division to play for us your seriously deluded.

Real madrid we ain't buddy.

Just now, mwram1973 said:

Unfortunately this is the real world and they are a premier league club, we ain't, and if you really think watfords best players would drop a division to play for us your seriously deluded.

Real madrid we ain't buddy.

I said if we had stayed ahead of them, like we were in 13/14. Read the post. I understand they are in the Premier League, I don't think, however it'll last for much longer.

Archived