Keogh

TroyDyer

34 minutes ago, gccrowdpleaser said:

Keogh wasn't so much leading the team as organising the defence.  Lots of shouts of hold, drop, your man etc.  It's all very shouty. 

CD was noticeably different - very calm, talking, explaining, dictating and directing play - those all across the back four. 

It was a relatively subtle difference but an important one.

What, that one shouts the other talks? Sounds to me like they were both doing the same job!

You're looking for something that's not there, and somehow you've found it. :blink:

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

He's played their in the rest of his career and is right footed so makes sense - If you think about our central defenders we now have two RHS and two LHS (when Shackell is back)

I wasn't counting too much on first half vs second - More on the fact that on the official site there wasn't a (C) next to any player in the second half - Assume the armband went to Davies? Could be reading way too much into a typo on the website to be honest

Davies was definitely wearing a captains armband second half.

1 minute ago, cosmic said:

What, that one shouts the other talks? Sounds to me like they were both doing the same job!

You're looking for something that's not there, and somehow you've found it. :blink:

That may well be the case.  What I said was that one was organising the defence.  The other was leading the team.  Time will tell.  I am just voicing an opinion. Not looking for anything .

1 minute ago, gccrowdpleaser said:

That may well be the case.  What I said was that one was organising the defence.  The other was leading the team.  Time will tell.  I am just voicing an opinion. Not looking for anything .

I think the first Hal under Keogh the team didn't really need leading as they were totally comfortable and playing well as a unit throughout.

second Half under Davies was slightly different though and didn't quite gel as a team. Probably because half of them have never played together consistently. Butters Pearce and Russell were the only regulars from last season. So a different captains job needed doing.

maybe?

What I found last night was Keogh moved forward quite a few times as he usually does and Davies was beckoning the midfield to come for the ball and very rarely got foward.

For me that's a good combination and both never put in a wayward pass.

4 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

What I found last night was Keogh moved forward quite a few times as he usually does and Davies was beckoning the midfield to come for the ball and very rarely got foward.

Thinking back I agree. That Davies is a right lazy t**t!! ?

40 minutes ago, gccrowdpleaser said:

It'll be interesting to see what happens.  I don't think playing first or second half has any bearing on it really.  There is no doubt in my mind that, fitness permitting, Wisdom and CD will be starters in the first game of the season and both played the second half.  Interestingly, now you mention it, Pearce player on the right side of the two last night.

Too much 2 + 2 = 5 in these posts 

8 hours ago, mwram1973 said:

I agree , I think at this level Keogh and Davis would be a class partnership. Both have plenty of experience, and lead by example.

On 11/07/2017 at 13:38, cheron85 said:

I love Martin - He has a go at people when they don't pass him the ball - I love that about him - But he's too selfish to be a leader - Perfect attitude for a goalscorer though

He had a moan once at Norwich because he wasn't squared for a tap in… the would-be passer scored himself :lol:

36 minutes ago, cannable said:

He had a moan once at Norwich because he wasn't squared for a tap in… the would-be passer scored himself :lol:

Yeh I LOVE that attitude in a striker! :D

I watch the Spurs vs Milwall cup game last year with a mate and we both commented how angry Delle Ali had been at Son for not squaring him the ball - You could see him swear and the angry look on his face - As Son is curling the ball into the far top corner from the edge of the penalty box

I like players who want the ball all the time and who want to score goals

13 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Yeh I LOVE that attitude in a striker! :D

I watch the Spurs vs Milwall cup game last year with a mate and we both commented how angry Delle Ali had been at Son for not squaring him the ball - You could see him swear and the angry look on his face - As Son is curling the ball into the far top corner from the edge of the penalty box

I like players who want the ball all the time and who want to score goals

Think I need to chill on my son then lol

actually he'd be the one smashing it into the top corner and being moaned at for not passing!!

24 minutes ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

He's on pic number 2 and 22. 

24 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Second picture in mate, on the full gallery!

Need to go back to specavers and get some better glasses, either that or to the doctors and have a memory test :unsure:

1 hour ago, Nuwtfly said:

Didn't spot him in any of the training pictures today - nor Weimann. 

Hmm. He's not in any of the training footage either, in the 'Rams prepare for Macclesfield' video. (Weimann was there).

Bit of a strange one? :huh:

Archived