Hope he rots and it was painful

Mafiabob

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens
37 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

Let's hope there is a hell and his job is to stoke the furnace for eternity.

Burn in it more like.

Sith Happens

This was before my time, and I only have vague memories of the campaign to free Hyndley.

I always think to myself in circumstances like this someone on hunger strike, just let them die. But I guess the argument is that they escape punishment and there was always a chance, however remote, that more details may have been released to the police.

I hope maybe those family members left can get some peace now.

PistoldPete2
14 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

This was before my time, and I only have vague memories of the campaign to free Hyndley.

I always think to myself in circumstances like this someone on hunger strike, just let them die. But I guess the argument is that they escape punishment and there was always a chance, however remote, that more details may have been released to the police.

I hope maybe those family members left can get some peace now.

Also he was mentally ill so not capable of making his own decisions. 

Sith Happens
1 hour ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Or pretended to be.

1 hour ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Indeed. Although I don't believe it and I don't care, shame they couldn't keep him alive against his will - he was all about power - for longer. That was just a small crumb of punishment he deserved.

11 hours ago, LesterRam said:

should have hung the **** many moons ago, how much money, time and resources did this evil **** take, should have been shown the gallows when the sentence was issued.

He spoke very highly of you

I don't think any jury of peers should be asked to pass the death sentence, but in certain cases I can't see why we don't facilitate inmates wishes with a ready made hook on the cell ceiling.

I lived and worked in Oldham for 5 years in the late 80s/early 90s and feelings ran high even then whenever the story periodically bubbled back to the surface. 

Capital punishment was abolished a short while before they were found guilty and although you can argue that it would have been cheaper/better for them to have been hung, it is a fact that keeping them alive meant that children's bodies were subsequently found and families given some small level of peace.

You can also argue that by keeping him alive against his will for many years, in a situation and secure hospital he didn't want to be in, that the punishment was actually greater than giving him what he wanted, death.

Archived