17. Ross McCormack  1,183
18. Jacob Butterfield  1,179
19. Steve Davies  1,059
20. Nathan Tyson  1,035

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/22/2017 at 09:02, toddy said:

Then by all means research it, but the official date is 1st July and that is because most players contract end on 30th June.

When does Wisdoms contract end with Liverpool?

You're both right AND wrong toddy - I think most player contracts go to the end of June (someone check FM practices!?!?!) - But in practice most of the players are released within the final month of their contract so available within June

In the same way - I THINK everyone getting confused with transfer deadlines and registration dates - Technically I don't think players can be registered until the 1st July - But transfers can be completed any time after 9th June (for this window) - But players don't need to be registered until like 24 hours before a competitive fixture and most clubs do it in one go when they think their squad is pretty much fixed

On 6/22/2017 at 09:03, David said:

Just told you above. Wisdoms contract date has zero to do with the transfer open date. 

Research it.

FACT

21 hours ago, ThePrisoner said:

https://www.fifatms.com/itms/worldwide-transfer-windows-calendar/

Official date per FIFA's transfer system as entered by the FA is listed at 9th June 2017. 

Don't think this is an official affiliate of FIFA - Think it's a private company taking advantage of the name

1 hour ago, admira said:

Updated:

1. George Thorne   10,314
2. Chris Martin 5,561
3. Johnny Russell  3,784
4. Jeff Hendrick  2,744
5. Jason Shackell #2  2,530
6. Tom Ince #1  2,420
7. Henri Lansbury  2,331
8. Criag Bryson  1,780
9. John Brayford  1,555
10. Raul Albentosa  1,563
11. Jason Shackell #1  1,510

12. Will Hughes 1,496
13. Connor Sammon  1,409
14. Jonathan Kodjia  1,330
15. Fernando Forestieri  1,327

16. Andre Wisdom 1,266
19. Steve Davies  1,059
20. Nathan Tyson  1,035

I think Hughes thread will go higher than Hendrick Shackell(#2) Lansbury and Ince what you think admira?

1 hour ago, admira said:

Updated:

1. George Thorne   10,314
2. Chris Martin 5,561
3. Johnny Russell  3,784
4. Jeff Hendrick  2,744
5. Jason Shackell #2  2,530
6. Tom Ince #1  2,420
7. Henri Lansbury  2,331
8. Criag Bryson  1,780
9. John Brayford  1,555
10. Raul Albentosa  1,563
11. Jason Shackell #1  1,510

12. Will Hughes 1,496
13. Connor Sammon  1,409
14. Jonathan Kodjia  1,330
15. Fernando Forestieri  1,327

16. Andre Wisdom 1,266
19. Steve Davies  1,059
20. Nathan Tyson  1,035

Be interesting to include a number of days to post ratio. Some have got us talking more than others, and with more ferocity than others. Feel like the Will Hughes thread has exploded in only a few days, whereas Thorne's was an ongoing saga.

44 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

I think Hughes thread will go higher than Hendrick Shackell(#2) Lansbury and Ince what you think admira?

I think the Hughes thread will run on and on and on until we pop the Champagne to toast our 100 point promotion season in 2018-19.

20 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

I stand very much corrected - When I read their 'about us' thing it didn't sound like they were

I thought the same originally! I didn't know there such a system but in hindsight, makes a logical sense for them to log things across all levels.

ROWETT: ‘ANDRE WAS TOP OF OUR LIST’

Gary Rowett insists that Andre Wisdom was high on his target list this summer – and he says the defender made it clear Derby County was the place for him. 

It was announced earlier this month that the defender will join Derby from Liverpool for an undisclosed fee.

He is currently away on holiday but, once he returns, he will undergo a medical and put pen-to-paper with the Rams.

The 24-year-old, who is capable of playing at right-back, made 38 appearances during a loan spell with Derby during the 2013/14 season and needs little introduction to supporters.

Rowett says he made bringing Wisdom to Pride Park Stadium one of his top summer priorities and he was also left impressed by his desire to link up with the Rams once again.

He told RamsTV: “In terms of our target list, Andre was our first choice in the position he plays in.

“I think alongside the Curtis Davies signing, what we wanted was a little bit of flexibility but we also wanted to know what we were going to get.

“Andre’s age is fantastic; his experiences last season (winning the league and cup on loan at Red Bull Salzburg) were great and I went out to watch him a couple of times.

“What impressed me the most was that his agent made it clear that he wanted to come back to Derby County.

“He helped us a lot because he didn’t really want to talk to any other club.”

Rowett, a defender during his own playing days, feels that Wisdom is a conservative full-back who can also provide defensive flexibility.

Known for his defensive qualities, he also showed on occasions during his previous spell with Derby than he can also make an impact on the attack.

His ability to also play in central defence is something which the 43-year-old feels will prove to be beneficial in the long-run.

“I think what we’re getting with Andre is we’re getting someone who can play inbetween as a right back because he can defend comfortably and is a very powerful boy,” he said.

“He can also get forward as well, but I’m not expecting him to get forward like a modern-day attacking full-back can do sometimes.

“Andre can also give us a little bit of flexibility in terms of housing less players in the squad because we know he can play as a central defender.”

He added: “We want that type of player in the building and I think at 24, I feel as though he’s at a point where he just needs that settled period of finding a home again.

“I think the familiarity of Derby will help that and I think that he can be the type of signing that can really, really give us some impact next season.”

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2017/06/rowett-andre-was-top-of-our-list

39 minutes ago, richinspain said:

For me that would suggest that he is primarily going to play rb, and that it is the position that he himself would prefer.

It does sound like he will be at right back initially which may mean we keep Keogh and lose the likes of Christie and  Rawson and Pearce 

41 minutes ago, richinspain said:

For me that would suggest that he is primarily going to play rb, and that it is the position that he himself would prefer.

I think that's the position most of us would prefer to see him, other than those people who wish to weaken the defence by selling Keogh, moving Wisdom across and leaving us short of a right back again!

Carson, Wisdom, Keogh, Davies, Forsyth - that is an incredibly solid back 5 for this division.

1 minute ago, Saul Pimpson said:

I think that's the position most of us would prefer to see him, other than those people who wish to weaken the defence by selling Keogh, moving Wisdom across and leaving us short of a right back again!

Carson, Wisdom, Keogh, Davies, Forsyth - that is an incredibly solid back 5 for this division.

Agree with you here mate. When we've been linked with Wisdom in the past I've always thought it as a right back. 

I genuinely have never seen him play at centre half. Saw him at RB a few times for Liverpool and then obviously RB in his season here and I've not watched a second of Austrian football. 

So I'd have no idea how he is at centre half. If he can play there equally as well as he plays RB then I'll be happy. 

2 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Agree with you here mate. When we've been linked with Wisdom in the past I've always thought it as a right back. 

I genuinely have never seen him play at centre half. Saw him at RB a few times for Liverpool and then obviously RB in his season here and I've not watched a second of Austrian football. 

So I'd have no idea how he is at centre half. If he can play there equally as well as he plays RB then I'll be happy. 

Reading Gaz's comments suggest that he will be our right back but we know he can cover at centre half if and when required. Allows us to carry one less centre half (Shackell) as we'd have Pearce as backup with Wisdom, Baird & Forsyth all capable of covering at centre half if required to on occasion.

Archived