Chris Martin - joined Reading on loan until the end of the season

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope Martin comes back and gets a chance and proves himself.

I am starting to think(with no evidence to back it up) that Rowett will cash in and look elsewhere.

Honestly,as much as I love Martin I wouldn't be surprised to see Rowett go and  bring a unit in.

But,he might do that with Vydra.

56 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

I hope Martin comes back and gets a chance and proves himself.

I am starting to think(with no evidence to back it up) that Rowett will cash in and look elsewhere.

Honestly,as much as I love Martin I wouldn't be surprised to see Rowett go and  bring a unit in.

But,he might do that with Vydra.

It's an interesting one, Rowett could look at it one of two ways.

On one hand he has not had Martin to manage and you don't miss what you haven't had, he could get 7 million and use the money to sign 2 or 3 damn good players from abroad.

Or, should he think we need a striker, he may look at it that he is about to get a striker capable of scoring 20 goals a season for nothing.

I would be happy with either scenario, as long as any money we receive is spent wisely, unlike the Hendrick money.

22 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

On one hand he has not had Martin to manage and you don't miss what you haven't had, he could get 7 million and use the money to sign 2 or 3 damn good players from abroad.

Or, should he think we need a striker, he may look at it that he is about to get a striker capable of scoring 20 goals a season for nothing.

I would be happy with either scenario, as long as any money we receive is spent wisely, unlike the Hendrick money.

I thought you were talking about Martin, then realised not.......

6 minutes ago, toddy said:

I thought you were talking about Martin, then realised not.......

10 goals in 25 games for Fulham.

52 goals in 122 games for Derby.

62 goals in 147 games in the championship.

Chris Martin still has the chance of playing at Wembley.

If I was Rowett I would be happy to have a player with those stats turning up for pre-season.

5 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

10 goals in 25 games for Fulham.

52 goals in 122 games for Derby.

62 goals in 147 games in the championship.

Chris Martin still has the chance of playing at Wembley.

If I was Rowett I would be happy to have a player with those stats turning up for pre-season.

His goal tally although looks rather good, the reality is he has scored few goals each season since he came to us and this season is not even in the top 20 goal scorers in the championship.

I actually thought Martin has played in more than 25 games this season? :whistle:

51 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Wisely is a word that has been missing from the DCFC vocabulary unfortunately.

I have got faith that Rowett will put that right.

1 hour ago, toddy said:

His goal tally although looks rather good, the reality is he has scored few goals each season since he came to us and this season is not even in the top 20 goal scorers in the championship.

I actually thought Martin has played in more than 25 games this season? :whistle:

Kevin Hector scored less goals in our title winning season than he did in his debut season but I don't see you spouting ***** about him! 

Don't let other good facts get in the way of your agenda mate. :thumbsup:

40 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Kevin Hector scored less goals in our title winning season than he did in his debut season but I don't see you spouting ***** about him! 

You shouldn't mention KH in the same sentence as Martin - as KH played and scored at a much higher level than Martin.

Martin and Hector in the same breath - shocking :whistle:

18 minutes ago, toddy said:

You shouldn't mention KH in the same sentence as Martin - as KH played and scored at a much higher level than Martin.

Martin and Hector in the same breath - shocking :whistle:

I'm going in...

Arguable. IMO Football in that era is nowhere the level it is at the very top now.

*dons riot gear*

While I'm a huge CM fan, if anybody came in with something silly like £12m (or frankly quite a bit less) then we'd be stupid not to try and cash in.  I liked Hendrick, but you couldn't sensibly turn down £10m and CM is in the same bracket.  I don't think for a minute anybody would be offering that though. Not sure actually why anybody would want to go beyond the figure agreed with Fulham. Doubt his stock has risen that much while he's been there. 

FWIW I hope we get no bids and he comes back refreshed and hungry (like a hippo).

PistoldPete2
1 hour ago, EnigmaRam said:

Let's face it the teams been in decline and the negative tactics will only create less goals throughout. This isn't just a Martin issue @toddy

well there were negative tactics under clement... not sure about mac 2 or rowett (or wassall). but we have struggled to score throughout the team. I think having nugent and martin as options next year will boost our goal tally but agree we need to improve service to them.

Not sure how Chris Martin takes abuse for the team being in decline.

When everything was roses he was the top man.

When things weren't so good he's vilified.

If its not Keogh its Ince. 

If its not Ince  its Martin.

I recall Chris Baird being labeled as a useless tw*t and now most talk of him in glowing terms.

Let's have Chris martin galloping all over the pitch, putting a shift in, running his socks off.

Or we could have Chris Martin at the top of the pitch trying to get onto the end of things and also winning freekicks.

Oh and being a very very good target man to hold the ball up and take pressure off the other players and bring them into the game.

We can all point out his bad points but his good points far out weigh them

If other sides want to spend big money on him then surely that means he isn't a bad player.

Oh.....and he's one of the top scorers for a side occupying a play off berth which is now out of our reach.

So he's been in sides vying for promotion the last four seasons. 

Crap obviously. 

3 hours ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Why would we spout shi&% about him.Finest player of his generation at gliding across a football pitch at speed with the ball under control.The comparison is an insult.

Archived