Did we save Newcastle 1 Million pounds by re employing McClaren

Curtains

1 minute ago, curtains said:

You don't get to ask me what my question should be lol. 

Newcastle are not irrelevant how can they be as after clearly getting rid of a failing McClaren they got away with paying him compensation allegedly as we rushed to get him back  .

Here is another question: 

Why can't McClaren maintain a consistent run of form without having massive dips in form. 

All clubs only pay compensation if the ex-manager doesn't get a new job

This isn't some new miraculous thing.

£1m is probably one of the lowest figures we've "saved" other clubs from spending as well. 

We saved Leicester similar money on Nigel Pearson!

I'm surprised anyone's even seen this as discussion worthy.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

All clubs only pay compensation if the ex-manager doesn't get a new job

This isn't some new miraculous thing.

£1m is probably one of the lowest figures we've "saved" other clubs from spending as well. 

We saved Leicester similar money on Nigel Pearson!

I'm surprised anyone's even seen this as discussion worthy.

Well people think that players wages and player signing fees are all important but forget Managers of Football Clubs do very nicely financially despite failing time after time. 

Just now, curtains said:

Well people think that players wages and player signing fees are all important but forget Managers of Football Clubs do very nicely financially despite failing time after time. 

So?

2 minutes ago, curtains said:

You don't get to ask me what my question should be lol. 

Newcastle are not irrelevant how can they be as after clearly getting rid of a failing McClaren they got away with paying him compensation allegedly as we rushed to get him back  .

Here is another question: 

Why can't McClaren maintain a consistent run of form without having massive dips in form. 

I get to pick apart your predictable failure to apply even the most basic logic to a scenario.

Newcastle are irrelevant to me because I don't support them. I couldn't give a monkey's if they saved money because we employed McClaren.

I will not answer your other question because, just once, I would like to see if you can maintain concentration on the topic being discussed without disappearing off on a completely unrelated tangent.

Interesting reply .

I ain't worried about how much players are worth either which many seem to be. 

Will Hughes this Bradley Johnson that  Jeff Hendrick worth less than Will Hughes etc etc. 

I'm not sure that answered my "So?".

2 minutes ago, Anon said:

I get to pick apart your predictable failure to apply even the most basic logic to a scenario.

Newcastle are irrelevant to me because I don't support them. I couldn't give a monkey's if they saved money because we employed McClaren.

I will not answer your other question because, just once, I would like to see if you can maintain concentration on the topic being discussed without disappearing off on a completely unrelated tangent.

The sum of the squares on the other two sides are equal to the sum of the square of the hypotenuse.

Now that's going off at a tangent. 

Glad you are back Saint where did you go all these months lol. 

I was on holiday for a chunk of it. Glad to be back :D

11 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Undeserved?!

Who gets curtains' credit, then? Or did that disappear when your rationality went insolvent?

When you get a team to play as good as this then that deserves manager credit. 

Oh the old offside rule. 

9 minutes ago, curtains said:

When you get a team to play as good as this then that deserves manager credit. 

Oh the old offside rule. 

That was 45 years ago.

Anything more recent, and therefore more relevant?

I'm not sure why you care about Maclaren. He's history. I'm happy to give him credit for the good times, you aren't. Thats perfectly fine, but why go back over old ground? You won't change my mind. If you can find a manager who delivered similar or better results from the last 10 or 20 years I'll consider your point.

14 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

That was 45 years ago.

Anything more recent, and therefore more relevant?

I'm not sure why you care about Maclaren. He's history. I'm happy to give him credit for the good times, you aren't. Thats perfectly fine, but why go back over old ground? You won't change my mind. If you can find a manager who delivered similar or better results from the last 10 or 20 years I'll consider your point.

Billy Davis  

Actually got us promoted 

Jim Smith less than 20 years ago  was far superior to anything McClaren has done  

6 minutes ago, curtains said:

Billy Davis  

Actually got us promoted 

Jim Smith less than 20 years ago  was far superior to anything McClaren has done  

You're a glory hunter. That's fine. Every club has them. The rest of us just have to hope that you don't embarrass us too much.

Archived