Did we save Newcastle 1 Million pounds by re employing McClaren

Curtains

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, curtains said:

Scored some good winners though as a sub. Sheff Wed away was a Cracker Jack. 

Well done still lazy though. 

Just now, BondJovi said:

The loneliness of the long distance runner.

Yes very true so last word this forum is unique in its backing of McClaren and in the real DCFC fans world I think the backing for Mel  Morris for sacking McClaren for a second time and appointing Gary Rowett is universal an unqualified.  

As Alpha would say I'm out. 

Finally got round to reading all this thread, I have one question @curtains, you say McClaren is a failure right? He was sacked when we were 10th in the table.

In this poll when McClaren arrived, what did you vote as to what would be acceptable?

35 minutes ago, David said:

Finally got round to reading all this thread, I have one question @curtains, you say McClaren is a failure right? He was sacked when we were 10th in the table.

In this poll when McClaren arrived, what did you vote as to what would be acceptable?

No idea but I suppose I will look like a hypocrite.  

Just remember one thing though David I have no say in McClarens decision making regarding bringing players In like  De Sart and also saying he couldn't improve the squad he had in January  window.  Did you expect us to bring McClaren back bye the way. 

I have no input into Mels thinking even though I clearly think he made the right decision bringing Rowett in before he went to Norwich who I believe wanted him. 

Summing up I thought McClaren did well to start with the first time around but then let it slip as he did the second time around 

7 minutes ago, curtains said:

No idea but I suppose I will look like a hypocrite.  

Just remember one thing though David I have no say in McClarens decision making regarding bringing players In like  De Sart and also saying he couldn't improve the squad he had in January  window.  Did you expect us to bring McClaren back bye the way. 

I have no input into Mels thinking even though I clearly think he made the right decision bringing Rowett in before he went to Norwich who I believe wanted him. 

Summing up I thought McClaren did well to start with the first time around but then let it slip as he did the second time around 

I won't call you anything, like I've said it's better to change your mind than being stubborn with an opinion.

You did vote 7-10th, I voted the same. When McClaren arrived I didn't think the play offs were possible but knew this squad was capable of far better than where we were.

When we did make it into the top 6 there was no reason why we couldn't have stayed there, the gap was gone.

We collapsed, bottled it, whatever you want to call it, the first bad patch under McClaren and he was shown the door. Would he have turned it around? Nobody will ever know, what happened at his previous clubs is irrelevant, football doesn't work like that.

He left with a 44.8% win ratio, 10th in the table, where you, me and the majority of the forum thought would be acceptable so I don't see how we can look at him as a failure.

We're 4 games in with Rowett, initial signs look good but as we've seen before, things can soon change. Many were disappointed by the decision to get rid of McClaren, you have to give managers time, as you say you would give Rowett 3 years, why wasn't McClaren allowed 3 years?

Doesn't matter now, let's hope this time Rowett is given the time and not dismissed when we hit the first rocky patch.

1 hour ago, David said:

I won't call you anything, like I've said it's better to change your mind than being stubborn with an opinion.

You did vote 7-10th, I voted the same. When McClaren arrived I didn't think the play offs were possible but knew this squad was capable of far better than where we were.

When we did make it into the top 6 there was no reason why we couldn't have stayed there, the gap was gone.

We collapsed, bottled it, whatever you want to call it, the first bad patch under McClaren and he was shown the door. Would he have turned it around? Nobody will ever know, what happened at his previous clubs is irrelevant, football doesn't work like that.

He left with a 44.8% win ratio, 10th in the table, where you, me and the majority of the forum thought would be acceptable so I don't see how we can look at him as a failure.

We're 4 games in with Rowett, initial signs look good but as we've seen before, things can soon change. Many were disappointed by the decision to get rid of McClaren, you have to give managers time, as you say you would give Rowett 3 years, why wasn't McClaren allowed 3 years?

Doesn't matter now, let's hope this time Rowett is given the time and not dismissed when we hit the first rocky patch.

I think Mac was not given three years because it's my opinion that Mac2 was seen by Mel as a short term steady the ship appointment that if he set the world alight would be kept on but only if he was vertualy impossible to sack because of the fantastic job he was doing , I also believe that talks may have been going on regards what the type of spend s/ players were needed in the summer to compete and maybe mel didn't feel Mac was on the same wavelength as him ,,, of course this is just my opinion but I reckon there will be some truth in it ?

9 hours ago, curtains said:

Wisdom and Thorne were good apart from Wisdoms driving lol  

The point is though he did have the players to get us promoted . 

Rowett has the same players at his disposal as Maclaren had when he was sacked. So if we aren't promoted at the end of the season he's a failure. And should be sacked. Oh bit you've said you'd give rowett 3 years. Presumably one to get promoted, one to stabilise, and one to get into the champions league?

Archived