Chris Powell on Sky Sports last night

MidWalesRam

Felt a tad embarrassed for him last night stood next to GR on the pitch being interviewed after last nights game, he must have been uncomfortable for him with the Sky pundits saying how well Derby played with energy not seen all season and players playing in their correct positions etc.

To be fair to GR he did comment that he didnt want to say too much with Chris standing next to him.

Top top bloke is CP wish him all the best for whatever he does next.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I must be the only one that didn't, I have no dislike for him at all, disappointed to see him leave, it's always hard when ex players like Powell and Idiakez are shown the door, especially a player like Powell who I have fond memories of.

When Sky came calling he would have known what he was letting himself in for. Can't need the money surely and doesn't he live in London?

Maybe I'm being slightly harsh as it could have been some way of saying goodbye, showing how gutted he was with the way it ended. 

It can't have been easy, wouldn't be surprised if a tiny part wished the second half didn't go so well. To hear the fans still singing Gary Rowett's name long after the whistle and all that must have been a kick in the balls, not seen an atmosphere like that in ages.

Be interested to know what his own opinions were on how we should have been playing under Pearson and McClaren, was he just the messenger or fully on board with what both were doing, saw him nodding quite a bit as Rowett was talking after.

Wish him all the best as well for the future.

I thought he was mistaken when he said something along the lines of how well we had played under Pearson and McClaren, don't remember his exact words but I remember thinking really, I must have missed that. (The playing well under Pearson that is)

I suppose he could have been just reminding Pearson he's available should something materialise him in the near future, who knows ?

Right nice bloke though and I hope he's back in the game quickly.

Just now, EastHertsRam said:

I thought he was mistaken when he said something along the lines of how well we had played under Pearson and McClaren, don't remember his exact words but I remember thinking really, I must have missed that. 

I suppose he could have been just reminding Pearson he's available should something materialise him in the near future, who knows ?

Right nice bloke though and I hope he's back in the game quickly.

Said all the hard work done by McClaren then added Pearson was undone in February.

I was eating chicken at the time, almost choked on a piece

18 minutes ago, David said:

I think I must be the only one that didn't, I have no dislike for him at all, disappointed to see him leave, it's always hard when ex players like Powell and Idiakez are shown the door, especially a player like Powell who I have fond memories of.

When Sky came calling he would have known what he was letting himself in for. Can't need the money surely and doesn't he live in London?

Maybe I'm being slightly harsh as it could have been some way of saying goodbye, showing how gutted he was with the way it ended. 

It can't have been easy, wouldn't be surprised if a tiny part wished the second half didn't go so well. To hear the fans still singing Gary Rowett's name long after the whistle and all that must have been a kick in the balls, not seen an atmosphere like that in ages.

Be interested to know what his own opinions were on how we should have been playing under Pearson and McClaren, was he just the messenger or fully on board with what both were doing, saw him nodding quite a bit as Rowett was talking after.

Wish him all the best as well for the future.

When they first went to them after the final whistle when Rowett was with them I thought the fans were singing Chrissy Powell is a Ram and One Chrissy Powell, you could see the beaming smile on his face.

11 minutes ago, David said:

Said all the hard work done by McClaren then added Pearson was undone in February.

I was eating chicken at the time, almost choked on a piece

Got a bone stuck in your throat? :o

Thought it was telling when he was asked what went wrong during the poor run and his answer was 'February' - tends to suggest (as was apparent from watching the team) that the management didn't know why the wheels had come off and were unable to do anything to put it right....

It was on screen in the concourse with no sound.

great.

i would have loved to have heard what he said. Took some balls to come back so soon.

Good servant to derby.

Perhaps a bit awkward for him but people have already said, he knew what he was getting into. I think this was the opportunity to face the music a little bit and explain in some ways what went wrong. It must have been tough for him seeing the enthusiasm and excitement under a new manager and basically being told again and again that it contrasts against the poor job that he did.

But then we don't know, maybe he's happy to see the team doing a little better now. He's always had a soft spot for Derby and I doubt that's left him. Think it's left McClaren now but Powell probably still has it. If he does then I'm sure it's bittersweet for him rather than just plain old bitterness. He's a class act, bitterness is not his thing.

On the way out of the ground  last night there was what looked like Fozzy and George Thorne on the box, anyone know what GT had to say? Or did I get that one wrong?

Archived