Vydra

Jimbo Ram

5 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Precisely because he has shown so little under both managers.......And both systems.

If he can turn it around quickly then great....

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Because he's doing nothing for Derby. We pay his wages. If he doesn't fit then we need to ship him out in summer. Don't care what he's done in the past if he doesn't show it now. He's still relatively young so Mac might teach him a thing or too ala Incey, but he's got until the end of the season to 'shine' I reckon.

He has produced when played with a bigger striker. Personally think he would strike up a very good partnership with Martin. He is a clever player but is lacking in confidence. 

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Because he's doing nothing for Derby. We pay his wages. If he doesn't fit then we need to ship him out in summer. Don't care what he's done in the past if he doesn't show it now. He's still relatively young so Mac might teach him a thing or too ala Incey, but he's got until the end of the season to 'shine' I reckon.

He's at the bottom of a long list of people doing nothing for Derby, including Bryson, Russell, Shackell, Blackman etc etc

2 minutes ago, rynny said:

He has produced when played with a bigger striker. Personally think he would strike up a very good partnership with Martin. He is a clever player but is lacking in confidence. 

As I said, I reckon he's got until the end of the season. If he can't show what he can do with Nugent, then we're not going to wait to see him with Martin.

Just now, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Russells playing a blinder lately and bryson produced more on the few games he has played than vydra has all year srg...

In fact if vydra had shown anything like the skill bryson did on scoring that goal against Leicester,I'd be his biggest fan

That goal Bryson scored against Leicester is the first thing he's done in 2 or 3 years, unless you count running around aimlessly, not making tackles as great production. He's now 30, has about 3 more years left on his contract and keeps getting injured.

And Russell as precisely 1 goal and no assists in 30 games this season. His brand of hiding behind his marker to avoid receiving the ball is completely tiresome at this point. Vydra, who is meant to be terrible, has more than that, Craig Forsyth has that many, and so does Nick Blackman!

Can't keep rating these players on what they were like 3 years ago. As great as they've both been, they simply haven't shown it for a year or more.

Vydra will be here next season. He's on a decent contract, he cost £8m and nobody will pay that for him.

Plus, he's yet to have a run in his natural position with someone alongside him. The sooner McClaren see's sense and plays him off Nugent the better.

I find it ridiculous how many decent forwards we've had that we've played out of position. Vydra being the latest. Weimann before that.

You can only watch Vydra and feel sorry for him so far.

4 minutes ago, Srg said:

That goal Bryson scored against Leicester is the first thing he's done in 2 or 3 years, unless you count running around aimlessly, not making tackles as great production. He's now 30, has about 3 more years left on his contract and keeps getting injured.

And Russell as precisely 1 goal and no assists in 30 games this season. His brand of hiding behind his marker to avoid receiving the ball is completely tiresome at this point. Vydra, who is meant to be terrible, has more than that, Craig Forsyth has that many, and so does Nick Blackman!

Can't keep rating these players on what they were like 3 years ago. As great as they've both been, they simply haven't shown it for a year or more.

I can't say it's a great vindication for vydra then  that  a midfielder hardly playing this year that has scored as many goals as him......

16 minutes ago, Super Johnny Russell said:

I find it ridiculous how many decent forwards we've had that we've played out of position. Vydra being the latest. Weimann before that.

You can only watch Vydra and feel sorry for him so far.

Weimann? ROFL

I can only watch Vydra and wish he did more.

1 minute ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

He is trying, he needs something to go in to help revive his fortunes.

Missed chances in the first half, chances that all our forwards are capable of missing.

£8m should get us lots of effort - ffs he needs to 'step up'

Just got back from the game....Really pleased vydra got a goal....Hopefully he will grow in confidence as he is clearly struggling with that.

Not convinced with him yet tho,missed a perfectly set up shot in the first half and was easilly bossed off the ball leading to mistakes.

He still has time to prove he can work off Nugent but it was less evident than against Barnsley

Showed more fight than many on that pitch in a Derby shirt. Also looked really capable with the ball at his feet and a decent goal-threat behind the striker. Could do with working on his passing though. Gave the ball away a few times. 

Archived