Vydra

Jimbo Ram

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Macca said on his ramsplayer interview that Vydra himself spoke to him and the coaches and told them a lone striking role is not his best position.

he asked to tried out on the left feeding off another striker.

Not seen it, but that makes sense. He isn't a lone striker. He is a striker though, and he was probably self-aware enough to realise that this was a route into the team. Shows a good willingness in my view. Still prefer to see him have a go through the middle where Tom Ince was on Saturday, but for my money, I thought he did a pretty good job on his first real start at it on Saturday.

Wasn't there on Saturday but by all accounts Vydra did well in the left-hand side role. 

Let's hope he keeps it up. 

Lets not try and sugarcoat what he has been like before Saturday though. His performances have for the large ranged from anonymous to dreadful. 

Maybe Nugent playing up top helped him and Nugent is more of a Martin-type player who brings others into play.

Vydra is one of only 3 players we have where you could play him the ball in a tight situation and be comfortable, and he's one of only two - other being Ince - where you can reliably expect him to turn with it and do something.

9 minutes ago, Srg said:

Vydra is one of only 3 players we have where you could play him the ball in a tight situation and be comfortable, and he's one of only two - other being Ince - where you can reliably expect him to turn with it and do something.

And the third is?

2 hours ago, Srg said:

Has he done this then?

3 hours ago, Boycie said:

Macca said on his ramsplayer interview that Vydra himself spoke to him and the coaches and told them a lone striking role is not his best position.

he asked to tried out on the left feeding off another striker.

Feeding off another striker isn't the same as playing on the left.

just saying.

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Has he done this then?

well given he did this to set up Nugent's winner on Saturday, and then again to set up Tom Ince who missed a sitter against Blackburn, I'd say he's shown twice in two games he can - and that's just twice off the top of my head

2 minutes ago, Srg said:

well given he did this to set up Nugent's winner on Saturday, and then again to set up Tom Ince who missed a sitter against Blackburn, I'd say he's shown twice in two games he can - and that's just twice off the top of my head

Twice in 28 starts...when he's done it twice in 28 minutes I might be convinced.

2 hours ago, Srg said:

Not seen it, but that makes sense. He isn't a lone striker. He is a striker though, and he was probably self-aware enough to realise that this was a route into the team. Shows a good willingness in my view. Still prefer to see him have a go through the middle where Tom Ince was on Saturday, but for my money, I thought he did a pretty good job on his first real start at it on Saturday.

Research Darling, research.

6 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Twice in 28 starts...when he's done it twice in 28 minutes I might be convinced.

Saw plenty of him at Watford to know he has the ability. We all know he hasn't shown it enough, but he has also only really started a run of games under Pearson - and that brand of football is clearly not conducive to any type attacking football.

Why anyone would be prepared to bury a guy who hasn't started a run of games under the current manager, who cost as much as he did and has shown in the past he is capable, on top of being 24, is absolutely beyond me.

10 minutes ago, Srg said:

The assist on Saturday was hardly 'where you could play him the ball in a tight situation and be comfortable', he was in plenty of space and it was just a chip back in Nugent's general direction.

7 minutes ago, Srg said:

Saw plenty of him at Watford to know he has the ability. We all know he hasn't shown it enough, but he has also only really started a run of games under Pearson - and that brand of football is clearly not conducive to any type attacking football.

Why anyone would be prepared to bury a guy who hasn't started a run of games under the current manager, who cost as much as he did and has shown in the past he is capable, on top of being 24, is absolutely beyond me.

Precisely because he has shown so little under both managers.......And both systems.

If he can turn it around quickly then great....

7 minutes ago, Srg said:

Because he's doing nothing for Derby. We pay his wages. If he doesn't fit then we need to ship him out in summer. Don't care what he's done in the past if he doesn't show it now. He's still relatively young so Mac might teach him a thing or too ala Incey, but he's got until the end of the season to 'shine' I reckon.

Archived