Fourth highest attendance in the U.K.

hintonsboots

7 hours ago, reveldevil said:

You can always tell the crowd roughly by how many are in the first block on North Stand, and the adjacent West stand block.

Pretty much empty when 26/27 thousand ish, but both were well populated yesterday, I'd say around half full.

I don't think we do count St holders regardless, I'm sure it was posted on here some time ago that the crowd figure was bums on seats, not tickets sold.

Full of kids.

i was thinking we should call the north stand 'the primary school stand'.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, GerryDaly said:

But would we need a bigger stadium if established in the top tier ? 

Think so seeing as last time we went up everything was sold out every match. Derby isn't a big city but attracts good support from the whole surrounding area, if we were an established Premier League team I would say a ground of 37/38,000 would be ideal scenario. 

There is no doubt the balance is right for now but if we have ambition then we must have a plan. That has to include the possibility of going up the ladder, being more popular.  And needing a bigger stadium.  Much as I resent glossy marketing of what, for us on here is a passion ; DCFC is a business. I would certainly have the costs for doing it in my file, I would also have an idea of the benefits and pitfalls along with a fall back plan if we can't fill the extra seats. I am sure the powers that be have got this laid out. The question is the timing. .. In reality it would be a Stoke scenario .. Get established in the Prem before doing anything. At that point the cost would be affordable.

my ego would like to see it bigger and full of even half fans and day trippers but right now just proud that we show the world that Derby is a real football town without needing premier league glamour and prawn sandwiches to sustain it. 

Archived