Macs our man ! Now let's get behind him

RiddingsRam

4 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

Really think we will win Saturday and see a good team performance . Probably a fee changes too.

I hope so. Am getting heartily sick of all the anti-Mac whinging! FFS Clough got 5 years and got nowhere!

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I appreciate the depression based optimism of many here but  ... Sack him now or at the end of the season because the idea of him bungling another season is just unbearable.

Now he's suggesting Plan B as the way forward because 4-3-3 isn't working. He seriously thinks that he's gonna teach this in a few days ? Only mcclaren lol. He's just dangling ideas out there in the hopes that he can drag out more time doing something he's not very good at - which is managing a football team. 

5 minutes ago, Ninos said:

I appreciate the depression based optimism of many here but  ... Sack him now or at the end of the season because the idea of him bungling another season is just unbearable.

Now he's suggesting Plan B as the way forward because 4-3-3 isn't working. He seriously thinks that he's gonna teach this in a few days ? Only mcclaren lol. He's just dangling ideas out there in the hopes that he can drag out more time doing something he's not very good at - which is managing a football team. 

eqxh6_zpsauqjemcv.jpg

9 minutes ago, Ninos said:

?????

49 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I hope so. Am getting heartily sick of all the anti-Mac whinging! FFS Clough got 5 years and got nowhere!

Hey thats life  ! All about different opinions !

I'm bored of reading posts by deluded happy clappers who think Mac is beyond criticism !

He hasn't done enough to deserve it imo

On 01/03/2017 at 20:43, RoyMac5 said:

And if we get great things next season, why would we part company? We need stability not more chopping and changing. Mac is a great coach, that should be useful long term! Who we should part company with if they don't pull their fingers out is the recruitment team - at all levels?!

I agree with you here - he is undoubtedly a very good coach - Unfortunately, I think his record shows that at best he's an average manager...

4 minutes ago, Justa said:

I agree with you here - he is undoubtedly a very good coach - Unfortunately, I think his record shows that at best he's an average manager...

What you mean winning league title and cup? Count the managers out there that *never* win anything.

Lets see where average gets this average Championship team!

16 minutes ago, Ninos said:

It's not about appreciating optimism.  It's about actually supporting your team and your manager and not looking for the first way out , the easy option because by sacking yet another manager that's what we would be doing , taking the easy route out. Can you honestly say there is someone you personally think would be do a better job with the current crop of players we have ? Macs a good manager , who I hope the club are supporting in some of his so called weaker points. You can't help sometimes questioning the manager but actually think about it ! Do you really want yet more change ? 

10 minutes ago, Justa said:

Hey thats life  ! All about different opinions !

I'm bored of reading posts by deluded happy clappers who think Mac is beyond criticism !

He hasn't done enough to deserve it imo

How long has he had? Is that enough time?! FFS that's not enough time for a manager with someone else's squad!

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

How long has he had? Is that enough time?! FFS that's not enough time for a manager with someone else's squad!

Including the time before yes it is enough...

Not many Managers have the benefit of creating there own teams from scratch so I find your point largely irrelevant 

2 minutes ago, Justa said:

Not many Managers have the benefit of creating there own teams from scratch so I find your point largely irrelevant 

Well I find your opinion totally irrelevant.

6 minutes ago, Justa said:

Maybe we should break the mould then because being trigger happy certainly hasn't worked. 

Just now, Steve How Hard? said:

Maybe we should break the mould then because being trigger happy certainly hasn't worked. 

Yes I accept that point - stability wouldn't go amiss but its not the only factor in obtaining success and I just dont think Maclaren is the right man for the job,

Of course I'd love to be proved wrong !

31 minutes ago, Justa said:

Average? Jeez. You must really have blinkers on if you think he's average. He's epically awful and one of the biggest choke artist bottlers of the modern footballing era.

13 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Steve, just because we've chopped and changed and just because we've had failure it doesn't mean that we should persist on with someone who over the course of his career has bottled more in management than Clement and Pearson combined. Performances aren't there and defensively we've gotten worse. Mel and Sam didn't give him a 4 year contract they correctly gave him a puny 2 years knowing full well that to cut him after 1 would be a pretty cheap buyout. He'll be gone soon or at the end of the season.

He's brought nothing to our football and apart from Inces form we've gotten worse. As the season goes on a good manager turns corners and starts to win. Every time mac manages, his team ends far worse than they start, and that says it all really. 

Sayonara.

4 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Steve, just because we've chopped and changed and just because we've had failure it doesn't mean that we should persist on with someone who over the course of his career has bottled more in management than Clement and Pearson combined. Performances aren't there and defensively we've gotten worse. Mel and Sam didn't give him a 4 year contract they correctly gave him a puny 2 years knowing full well that to cut him after 1 would be a pretty cheap buyout. He'll be gone soon or at the end of the season.

He's brought nothing to our football and apart from Inces form we've gotten worse. As the season goes on a good manager turns corners and starts to win. Every time mac manages, his team ends far worse than they start, and that says it all really. 

Sayonara.

Don't think you can quote Clement in the bottling stakes as his career as a manager has hardly started yet. However the games between now and the end of the season are big ones for Mac even if they are dead rubbers for us as a club. Undoubtedly our current form can't continue. I don't think it's a case of Mel and Sam not trusting him to turn it around. More about a case of Mac not being in a strong position to negotiate a longer contract and them using their shrewd business acumen to take advantage of that. Let's face it they have been naive when handing contracts out in the past. Thank goodness they have learnt lessons in that department. 

9 hours ago, Ninos said:

Every time mac manages, his team ends far worse than they start, and that says it all really

Middlesbrough - 14th in the PL to League Cup success & UEFA final. 

England - debatable as we're always rubbish - missed qualifications, not the first manager to do that - but let's say worse off

Twente (1) - 4th in the table to champions

Wolfsburg - didn't finish a season, arguably worse off but no relegation

Forest - Noped right out of that one 

Twente (2) - no change, joined them at 6th, left them in 6th.

Derby (1) - lower mid table to play off finalists, then missed out on play offs season after.

Newcastle - Lower to relegation scrap - so worse off.

Derby (2) - 22nd to 11th so far.

Archived