Macs our man ! Now let's get behind him

RiddingsRam

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

You'll be waiting a long time for that evidence because it is pure guesswork.

With the exception of maybe Warnock you would struggle to find weighted evidence that any manager will get you out of this division.

Evidence that you do have is that we will probably win more games than we lose and we will do that trying to play attractive attacking football. Not good enough for all fans but good enough for most.

No changing of subject. You stated you would rather we had signed Bogle than Nugent, but you appear nothing to back up why.

Now in my opinion you have just jumped on a bandwagon and said that we should have signed a player you have probably never seen play and then managed to turn that into a negative to use against Mac. Based on that I can see why many don't take what you post seriously. 

But Mcclarens proven time and time again he's not able to maintain a run of form, yes? He fails when the going gets tough, does he not? Wembley 2014 was the best chance we had and ultimately we failed. The following season; Bryson signs a lovely five year contract - not been the same player since I'll add. Thorne signs permanent, what happens? Failure again. Mcclarens head gets turned the moment a club comes sniffing. Outside the top six we finish.

My opinion is we won't get out this division under Mcclaren and certainly won't with Chris Evans recommendations. Warnock, Naylor, Best, Albentosa... the heck?

Screenshot this post, pin it to the forum, I don't know. But we will never get promotion with this set up; the management, the recruitment, the playing squad.

I can take the hate, but one win will not sugarcoat it. We are never in a millions years going to get promotion with Mac-Evans- Martin and constantly harping on about the DM.

I like Mcclaren, was arguably the reason we got promotion under Smith and played the way we did from 96-98. But in 2017, in a league full of parachute payments and "park the bus"? I have my doubts and Morris must too, hence the 2 year deal.

Sith Happens
1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

Who do you have in the decent signing category?

I can't even remember who he has signed!

Ince, Wisdom, Thorne

Also think Bamford did a job for us, Bent hasnt been a bad signing, Dawkins did ok at times.

I dont even think warnock was a bad signing, did a job for how much he cost.

Christie you cant complain for how much he cost either.

I suppose ince and bent were only his loans, not sure if they signed before he left or not.

Even albentosa wasnt a bad signing, didnt work out but hes clearly a decent player so you can understand why we signed him.

People probably forget that for most of his time with his Steve was working under budget constraints as it was pre Mels money. I remember when we signed Thorne it was a massive fee for us.

Put it this way, and I am not a Johnson hater but i would rather spend 2.5 million every day on george thorne than 6 million on bradley johnson.

Sith Happens
9 minutes ago, Papahet said:

But Mcclarens proven time and time again he's not able to maintain a run of form, yes? He fails when the going gets tough, does he not? Wembley 2014 was the best chance we had and ultimately we failed. The following season; Bryson signs a lovely five year contract - not been the same player since I'll add. Thorne signs permanent, what happens? Failure again. Mcclarens head gets turned the moment a club comes sniffing.

My opinion is we won't get out this division under Mcclaren and certainly won't with Chris Evans recommendations.

Screenshot this post, pin it to the forum, I don't know. But we will never get promotion with this set up; the management, the recruitment, the playing squad.

I can take the hate, but one win will not sugarcoat it. We are never in a millions years going to get promotion with Mac-Evans- Martin and constantly harping on about the DM.

Yes Thorne getting injured in his first game of course was 100% mcclarens fault.

5 minutes ago, Papahet said:

But Mcclarens proven time and time again he's not able to maintain a run of form, yes? He fails when the going gets tough, does he not? Wembley 2014 was the best chance we had and ultimately we failed. The following season; Bryson signs a lovely five year contract - not been the same player since I'll add. Thorne signs permanent, what happens? Failure again. Mcclarens head gets turned the moment a club comes sniffing. Outside the top six we finish.

My opinion is we won't get out this division under Mcclaren and certainly won't with Chris Evans recommendations. Warnock, Naylor, Best, Albentosa... the heck?

I like Mcclaren, was arguably the reason we got promotion under Smith and played the way we did from 96-98. But in 2017, in this league? I have my doubts 

No, I don't think he has proven that time and time again but that's just my opinion.

You have cherry picked 4 signings there. For balance why not list all of the signings made under Evans?

I could say Veron, Taibi, Zaha, Kleberson etc show that Alex Ferguson's signings were poor but it doesn't really tell the full story.

Incidentally, out of the 4 listed, how much money have they cost the club? Now compare that to Vydra and Anya and you may see that he was operating in a completely different ball park to what we are in now.

To see "failure" as black and white as that is pretty depressing IMO, Wembley was a one off, a lottery and we shot ourselves in the foot in the 90th minute with a freak couple of mistakes. We didn't fail that day, we played well and deserved at least to take the game to extra time. The outcome was just the beauty of the play offs, or it was in my view anyway. I don't know how you can enjoy football if you're that judgemental. 

We've failed for 115 years of our 133 year history if that's the case, which is absolutely daft of course. 

Just now, Mr Tibbs said:

To see "failure" as black and white as that is pretty depressing IMO, Wembley was a one off, a lottery and we shot ourselves in the foot in the 90th minute with a freak couple of mistakes. We didn't fail that day, we played well and deserved at least to take the game to extra time. The outcome was just the beauty of the play offs, or it was in my view anyway. I don't know how you can enjoy football if you're that judgemental. 

We've failed for 115 years of our 133 year history if that's the case, which is absolutely daft of course. 

And it was against a team with a budget about £50m higher than ours at the time...

8 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

No, I don't think he has proven that time and time again but that's just my opinion.

You have cherry picked 4 signings there. For balance why not list all of the signings made under Evans?

I could say Veron, Taibi, Zaha, Kleberson etc show that Alex Ferguson's signings were poor but it doesn't really tell the full story.

Incidentally, out of the 4 listed, how much money have they cost the club? Now compare that to Vydra and Anya and you may see that he was operating in a completely different ball park to what we are in now.

Mcclaren - Newcastle United 80 million...

8 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Yes Thorne getting injured in his first game of course was 100% mcclarens fault.

I never said otherwise, but with arguably a better prepared squad that 14/15 season and with more experience to learn from. it failed. 

Sith Happens
1 minute ago, Mr Tibbs said:

I still dont think of that season as a failure. Based on our expectations it was a huge success.

Sith Happens
1 minute ago, Papahet said:

Mcclaren - Newcastle United 80 million...

I never said otherwise, but with arguably a better prepared squad that 14/15 season and with more experience. it failed. 

Yes ultimately it did. You can choose to beleive we failed because his head was turned, i personally believe that having a freak set of injuries was the main reason we failed that season.

Just now, G STAR RAM said:

Is that gross or net?

How much of that £80m been recouped?

FFS, he spent 80 odd million and somehow managed to take them backwards, ultimately ending in relegation. They might have made a profit, no idea. But surely you'd expect improvements having spent that sum of cash in one window?!

Upon joining he was targeting trophies with them, not bottom three.

Just now, Papahet said:

FFS, he spent 80 odd million and somehow managed to take them backwards, ultimately ending in relegation. They might have made a profit, no idea. But surely you'd expect improvements having spent that sum of cash in one window?!

Upon joining he was targeting trophies with them, not bottom three.

Yes I don't think he did a good job at Newcastle.

The fact that Benitez did as equally a bad job and yet the players involved were sold on for huge amounts of money though leads me to suspect that other factors may have contributed.

Compare to the signings of Clement and Pearson, how many of them would we get our money back on?

On 02/03/2017 at 00:15, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I'm not...This is what I want again..(I appreciate this is Chrissie,but it epitomises the Mac era that I love)

The best football since clough..

https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=Llj3ebhxPKo

Did you mean Nigel or Brian?

Can't be Brian as we had a window of beautiful football at this time as well - 2nd and 3rd goals were  just excellent

4 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Yes I don't think he did a good job at Newcastle.

The fact that Benitez did as equally a bad job and yet the players involved were sold on for huge amounts of money though leads me to suspect that other factors may have contributed.

Compare to the signings of Clement and Pearson, how many of them would we get our money back on?

Tells you how big his ego is though - Newcastle is *the* poison chalice! :D

35 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Compare to the signings of NLN to Clement, Pearson and Mcclaren's, how many of them would we get our money back on? :whistle:

I have no idea, but some daft club would likely pay over the odds, we should know about that, ditto Villa.

Mac should be improving these players and getting them to fulfill their potential (like 13/14 basically), what's happened to Bryson since signing that deal in the Summer of 2014? Hughes is another whose becoming inconsistent (since signing a new deal coincidentally). Who's coaching them? Likewise Butterfield - the master of the side wards pass. Just attack the opposition and you'll see the goals, it's not rocket science.

Sadly I really don't think Mac is our man . 

I like him... 

Was just gonna type he's honest and genuine but just remembered when the Geordie speculation was consuming this club ... lol lol 

Se er ... I do like him ... but I'm quite certain DCFC will not be getting promoted under Steve. 

He's deffo here for the duration tho... 

Archived