Are we allowed an alternative view.

Curtains

1 - Thought Wassall did enough (keeping us in the play offs) to earn himself the position if he wanted it but realise the reaction from our fans probably made this option an impossibility

2 - I was concerned by the appointment of Pearson but that was due to the way he conducts himself. Did not really do any research into his managerial career and did not buy into the 'he can only play 4-4-2' line. Alot of people mentioned how attacking Leicester were and the amount of goals they scored in getting promoted so really didn't see what was coming next. I did not really see the merit in sacking him 10 or so games into his 'project' the damage had already been done by this point.

3 - Was happy to see McClaren come back based upon the entertainment during his first stint.

4 - Happy to keep Mac but it depends how it will play out. If he has got to keep the same squad he really needs to think over whether the 4-3-3 system is workable. 

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, curtains said:

No fine with you countering it but you are one who will look stupid if McClaren fails. 

Comments like this are probably not helping with why you feel "hammered" for having an alternative view. You can be against the idea of Mac being in charge, absolutely nothing wrong with that at all.

Yet you have turned around and implied another poster (don't know who, sorry) will look stupid if Mac fails, the odds are always against him to fail. There's 3 promotion spots, 24 teams in the league, and usually between 1 - 10 teams that you'd expect to be in the playoffs, with the odd 1-2 surprise packages. The odds are that McClaren probably won't get us promoted, the odds will be against any manager. 

I don't think you can start a thread about not being allowed an alternate view and then tell someone else they'll look stupid when McClaren fails. 

15 hours ago, curtains said:

In many ways I let McClaren off the hook with threads like this as it gives people the chance to back McClaren.

Derby really have fallen off the pace though of late and it shows no sign of reversing.

People are right to be disappointed at recent results and performances 

What a telling post ........God forbid that people should have their say and back MacClaren.

Some posters like you post far too much  ..... . that's not about stopping you having your say but people waste hours of time reading the REPETITIVE statements from you just because you feel you have to respond to everyone who has a different view. Get your life back.

2 minutes ago, mrdave85 said:

Comments like this are probably not helping with why you feel "hammered" for having an alternative view. You can be against the idea of Mac being in charge, absolutely nothing wrong with that at all.

Yet you have turned around and implied another poster (don't know who, sorry) will look stupid if Mac fails, the odds are always against him to fail. There's 3 promotion spots, 24 teams in the league, and usually between 1 - 10 teams that you'd expect to be in the playoffs, with the odd 1-2 surprise packages. The odds are that McClaren probably won't get us promoted, the odds will be against any manager. 

I don't think you can start a thread about not being allowed an alternate view and then tell someone else they'll look stupid when McClaren fails. 

Not being pedantic but it's alternative view which is very different 

2 minutes ago, DRBee said:

What a telling post ........God forbid that people should have their say and back MacClaren.

Some posters like you post far too much  ..... . that's not about stopping you having your say but people waste hours of time reading the REPETITIVE statements from you just because you feel you have to respond to everyone who has a different view. Get your life back.

Oh really .

You back McClaren if you like. 

Lets hope he does well because he hasn't of late. 

3 minutes ago, curtains said:

Not being pedantic but it's alternative view which is very different 

Very good.

Ignore all my other points and pick up on my use of alternate over alternative. :whistle: I'm sorry a bit of American dialect entered my vocabulary, where, it is in fact used as another term for alternative. 

I'll out pedant you 'til the cows come home! :ph34r:

1 minute ago, mrdave85 said:

Very good.

Ignore all my other points and pick up on my use of alternate over alternative. :whistle: I'm sorry a bit of American dialect entered my vocabulary, where, it is in fact used as another term for alternative. 

I'll out pedant you 'til the cows come home! :ph34r:

Alternate is not another view for alternative .

10 minutes ago, curtains said:

Did you with Pearson and Clement. 

Just asking. 

I know I'm not in this debate, so sorry for butting in, but it makes for an interesting and telling read.  However, I note that you tend to answer questions with questions.  The question to you was, essentially, do you want to sack the manager after every run of poor results? I'd be interested in knowing your answer to this.  What is the starting point for a justified dismissal?

FWIW I wouldn't have sacked Clement or Pearson at the times they were even though I wasn't enjoying the football. I also wouldn't have sacked Clough, so perhaps I'm just a big softie.

1 minute ago, LazloW said:

I know I'm not in this debate, so sorry for butting in, but it makes for an interesting and telling read.  However, I note that you tend to answer questions with questions.  The question to you was, essentially, do you want to sack the manager after every run of poor results? I'd be interested in knowing your answer to this.  What is the starting point for a justified dismissal?

FWIW I wouldn't have sacked Clement or Pearson at the times they were even though I wasn't enjoying the football. I also wouldn't have sacked Clough, so perhaps I'm just a big softie.

I wouldn't have sacked McClaren in the first place.  

Thats another view. 

8 minutes ago, curtains said:

Put alternative into thesaurus and see what it comes up with .

I don't think you will find alternate even in America or maybe you will .

Pedantic or what. 

Can't help but feel you're deflecting here Curtains.

You kept badgering other users to answer your questions but you've ignored mine about how you've said someone else will look stupid for backing McClaren? That's attacking a different point of view, no?

7 minutes ago, mrdave85 said:

Can't help but feel you're deflecting here Curtains.

You kept badgering other users to answer your questions but you've ignored mine about how you've said someone else will look stupid for backing McClaren? That's attacking a different point of view, no?

Deflecting no not really.  

I just feel that people have their views on supporting McClaren without condition but other people should be allowed the alternative view of looking into his failures if any without being ridiculed.

Typical McClaren supporting post. 

Give him all next season to get his players in and then see what happens.

Hows that going to work with Derbys budget ! 

2 minutes ago, curtains said:

Deflecting no not really.  

I just feel that people have their views on supporting McClaren without condition but other people should be allowed the alternative view of looking into his failures if any without being ridiculed.

Typical McClaren supporting post. 

Give him allnext season to get his players in and then see what happens.

Hows that going to work with Derbys budget ! 

But you're quite happy to imply someone will look stupid (your words) if Mac fails? Because they feel he's right for the job and you don't? 

3 minutes ago, mrdave85 said:

But you're quite happy to imply someone will look stupid (your words) if Mac fails? Because they feel he's right for the job and you don't? 

That's not an insult it's just saying because they are supporting McClaren unconditionally they will look stupid if he fails. 

Does not mean they are stupid but quite the opposite 

I also said I will look stupid if he succeeds 

Just now, curtains said:

That's not an insult it's just saying because they are supporting McClaren unconditionally they will look stupid if he fails. 

I also said I will look stupid if he succeeds 

My own view is that insinuating anyone is stupid for having an opinion different to your own is insulting, whether you mean it to be or not. It's the very thing you've started this thread about.

You won't look stupid if he succeeds, nor will anyone who thinks he's the right fit if he gets sacked without a promotion to his name.

Archived