Drama Queens

Alph

Spot on. I was trying to compose a post about the mass hysteria that occurs every time we lose a game - including a quote about dogs and cats living together - but couldn't quite get it right.

I'm terribly disappointed in the last two results, but I don't feel the need to over analyse every aspect of the club, blame decisions made by the board four years ago and every signing since. Things are far from perfect, but good God, whenever have things been perfect at the Rams? It's all part of the fun that is supporting a football club.  We will lose and it's gutting, particularly when two nil up, but we don't need this drama everytime (good word for it alpha).

The things that really drive me mad though are:

* Bottling it. Didn't bottle it at Wembley, didn't bottle it last year, haven't bottled it this year (as smebody has said, there was nothing to bottle this year, in fact we should be celebrating the recovery)

* No passion/effort.  Utter drivel.

* The lack of recognition that there are 11 players on the opposition trying to win too.

* Digging individual players out, who we know are capable of being good (e.g. Pearce and Keogh, not necessarily Blackman!)

Constructive criticism and analysis of how we've gone from an ultra tight defence to a sieve would be good, but comments like Keogh and Pearce aren't good enough don't really cut it when the evidence of previous results and performances suggest otherwise.

Oh well, another 10 game unbeaten run and it'll all be forgotten... until we lose again!

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, curtains said:

Alpha can see no wrong in McClaren 

Alpha clearly states last night wasn't good enough, the post was against topics like the one you've just started, which looks to me like clear trolling, stating he is useless. No other reason, evidence, or support, just "useless" 

1 minute ago, curtains said:

Alpha can see no wrong in McClaren .

"I don't understand why Mac has started tinkering so much. BJ was getting loads of praise as a DM. The midfield was BJ, Butters and Hughes. That was the team. When they're fit then... maybe? No? Ooookaay"

Don't start making things up just because his thread is so much better than you childish and reactiony one.

2 minutes ago, mrdave85 said:

Alpha clearly states last night wasn't good enough, the post was against topics like the one you've just started, which looks to me like clear trolling, stating he is useless. No other reason, evidence, or support, just "useless" 

Like he was for England and Newcastle and Wolfsburg where he was hopeless. 

21 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Good post Alpha.

You missed the one thing though that really could change everything.

Johnny Russell.

with him we look a closer knit unit, he helps defensively and also helps to stop attacks building in the first place (sometimes our own tbf...)

He tucks in and is an extra midfielder when needed making the team a bit more solid and harder to break down.

I agree with this. Russell may not appear to be the best choice but a lot of the good stuff he does goes unnoticed. Our best team is not necessarily just picking the best player at each position. What's important is how they 'gel'. The good teams are somehow better than the sum of their individual parts.

I suspect a fair bit of time is going to be spent on how we get back to defending as a team.

Just now, curtains said:

Enjoy McClarens reign at Derby. 

It appears I've drawn the short straw and am such a drama queen. 

Boooooooooooooo

I am, I already posted in another thread where he took us from Clough days. That trajectory was upwards. I pointed out where he has succeeded and you write it off, I'm assuming as a fluke or similar. Other posters provide reasons for and agaisnt Mcclaren, you just go useless or never rated him or other without any back up.

If we never get promoted with him I won't care, he took us kicking and screaming out of the turgid football of Clough to something entertaining and fun to watch. 

1 minute ago, mrdave85 said:

I am, I already posted in another thread where he took us from Clough days. That trajectory was upwards. I pointed out where he has succeeded and you write it off, I'm assuming as a fluke or similar. Other posters provide reasons for and agaisnt Mcclaren, you just go useless or never rated him or other without any back up.

If we never get promoted with him I won't care, he took us kicking and screaming out of the turgid football of Clough to something entertaining and fun to watch. 

Clough ,McClaren,Clement.Wassall, Pearson , McClaren .

Ok that's fine. 

Archived