Too many changes

TheresOnlyWanChope

There was only one player who would have made a difference last night and that was Hughes. The game changed in the first tie when he got injured there.

Look at which players replaced who, was there any difference between Shackell and Pearce? Lowe/Olsson? Christie/Baird? Anya/Russell? Blackman/Bent? I think I could argue there's very little to pick between each player. Even in Ince/Camara comparison, Camara scored and looked a threat. Could Carson do more than what Mitchell did? Simply put, it's vital a lot of those players got game time.

We did fine, let's not follow the media line of weakened teams here, it was nowhere near as bad as some like to make out. 

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Davide said:

So Ince and Bent were Injured? Carson injured? I guess every time we have a mid week match from now on then let's just play Mitchell in goal and Blackman up front on that logic 

Carson has been injured for a few weeks now.

McClaren has taken Bent out before when it's been Saturday, Wednesday, Saturday 

I can see why people might be critical of the team selection but we didn't exactly play the kids did we.

Am I correct that 8 of those players were on the pitch last Saturday (OK some as subs)?
You could argue for any of them starting in the first 11 (and many on here have), and Shacks & Christie were both first choice before they got injured.

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

The only comparison that looks truly silly.

Really? I've said before I didn't think Blackman was that bad last night. He was heavily isolated and was battling for scraps all 1st half, that would have been the same for Bent. In fairness, when he got the ball he looked to be positive and looked for the runs of Anya and Camara, that showed at least signs of intelligence. 2nd half he had a lot more space and looked ok because of it. Obviously tired due to just returning from missing the majority of the season. Not saying he was brilliant but not sure what Bent could have brought that Blackman didn't last night.

As I said the one player who I can justify that we missed was Hughes 

Why didn't he have the ******** to bring Ince on?

Should have stuck Elsnik on there if he had no intention to use his best player from the bench.

Don't buy into injured/too many games talk either. Enough depth, he was the one who was happy to loan out Weimann, Hanson, Vernam, Guy ETC without adding. Deal with it Mac

21 hours ago, EnigmaRam said:

Nah was the perfect game to give them some minutes on the pitch to improve their sharpness. Could have made more changes for me. It's not like we played the kids is it

Posts like this make me despair of fans. I won't call you a Derby supporter as you clearly are happy for them to lose.

You would waive the white flag like so many before kick off.

9 hours ago, Papahet said:

Why didn't he have the ******** to bring Ince on?

Should have stuck Elsnik on there if he had no intention to use his best player from the bench.

Don't buy into injured/too many games talk either. Enough depth, he was the one who was happy to loan out Weimann, Hanson, Vernam, Guy ETC without adding. Deal with it Mac

He used the depth. If he played those players you mentioned then it would still be a secondary side? 

Mac hasn't moaned about squad depth.

7 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Posts like this make me despair of fans. I won't call you a Derby supporter as you clearly are happy for them to lose.

Calling the manager spineless is better than what he said?

Nobody waved a white flag. We lost after extra time against a Premier League team! 

Obviously the team selections weren't that bad. 

19 hours ago, CHCDerby said:

The players will be buzzing they haven't got to go to Millwall next weekend.

It wouldn't surprise me if all the players went abroad for 4/5 days straight after the Cardiff game for some slightly warmer winter training.

Mac got the selection spot on and gave some much needed minutes to a lot of players. Even better it went to ET because half that team won't be able to walk this morning and has now geared them up for the run in because most of those players will be needed at some point.

How do you know the players will be buzzing about not playing Millwall.. You post that like some sort of fact, back it up.

How was the extra time a good thing! I keep hearing that players can't play 2 games in a week, yet now you are banging on about extra time being a good thing.. SOME of those very players who played will be playing on Saturday. Or are we going rest all 15 which makes the giving the players 'sharpness' point made by a previous poster even more ridiculous.

Someone please let me have an example of where this works. Liverpool? Extra days before games? I seem to remember we had a weekend off last year and then threw in one of our worst displays of the season.

Just now, Alpha said:

Calling the manager spineless is better than what he said?

Nobody waved a white flag. We lost after extra time against a Premier League team! 

Obviously the team selections weren't that bad. 

What's that got to do with me calling SM spineless? It is exactly the same, two people accepting that a team selection will reduce our chances of a first team victory. I could have called the poster spineless but I won't do that, I will leave the personal  insults to you and Eddie.

18 hours ago, TelTheRam said:

I can see why people might be critical of the team selection but we didn't exactly play the kids did we.

Am I correct that 8 of those players were on the pitch last Saturday (OK some as subs)?
You could argue for any of them starting in the first 11 (and many on here have), and Shacks & Christie were both first choice before they got injured.

I dont believe anyone has said kids, my issue is 8 changes ruins the team... Thus reducing our chances.

Just frustrated by what seems to be a trend in football that you can pick and choose what games you want to focus on.. If the club came out early doors and said, look we are going to use the EFL cup for squad and youth players, fine I might accept that. I won't bother traveling to watch it and won't spend any money for sure.

You can bet your life if we had reached the quarter finals or even a semi final, everyone on here, who does not care about the cup, will be in full excitement mode. 

Th next game is always the most important. As a professional organisation and the players professional athletes, they must try to win the next game.

1 hour ago, Angry Ram said:

Fortunately, folks can be Derby supporters without you having to confirm it. You over-rate yourself and your opinions.

Just now, DRBee said:

Fortunately, folks can be Derby supporters without you having to confirm it. You over-rate yourself and your opinions.

Touched a nerve eh.. 

Is this not a place for opinions or have you missed that.. Stand your corner, no problem with that poppet.

25 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Touched a nerve eh.. 

Is this not a place for opinions or have you missed that.. Stand your corner, no problem with that poppet.

How many changes would have been acceptable to you? Why do you think you know better than Mac - he didn't set out to lose, whether or not the Cup is a lower priority. They are NOT the same things, wanting to lose and lower priority - do you get it?

I think it was a good showing from the squad and further highlighted our lack of fire power up front and midfield provision. Their team beat our team, end of!

2 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

What's that got to do with me calling SM spineless? It is exactly the same, two people accepting that a team selection will reduce our chances of a first team victory. I could have called the poster spineless but I won't do that, I will leave the personal  insults to you and Eddie.

You're saying you wouldn't call Ellafella a Derby supporter because he doesn't mind what team Mac put out. 

But I'm assuming you'd call yourself a supporter despite calling Mac spineless. 

I'd say you're both supporters myself. But one seems more supportive than the other. 

8 minutes ago, Alpha said:

You're saying you wouldn't call Ellafella a Derby supporter because he doesn't mind what team Mac put out. 

But I'm assuming you'd call yourself a supporter despite calling Mac spineless. 

I'd say you're both supporters myself. But one seems more supportive than the other. 

Ella and I disagree on many things, he lives in Nottingham, so No I am not sure. He's met Fawaz.. Agent Ella? I leave you to decide.

only joking Ella mate.

I don't want to fall out with you, got the hump slightly with the parasite comment.. I respect your opinions on lots of matters but it is just alien to me that we seem to accept not giving ourselves every opportunity to win every game.

I listen to the arguments but nobody has come up with anything that has swayed me. Some just down right contradict themselves in the same post.

I suppose there are degrees of passion within supporters. It just comes across that some have an 'oh well, we weren't interested in that anyway' attitude.. Seems strange to me, I just scratch my head. 

Archived