Annoying Supporters

SK47

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's a bloke behind me in the south stand upper, block E, who without fail must call Keogh a 'useless ****' after every misplaced pass or header, and then on this one occasion he decided to call Bent the same. Moments later we scored. I had a little smile when Keogh played it across for Bent for the first goal, I must say. B*llend.

There's some real pond life out there.

It's seating.

If you're a bloke who gets involved in games and likes to stand up waving his arms and shouting every two minutes then it's not a problem. IF everyone was on a terrace.

With seats you get blokes like this and they are surrounded by quieter, more subdued supporters which equally is not a problem but then you get the shouty bloke immediately becoming more noticeable and more judged simply because being sat down does not facilitate involvement in football matches.

If everyone was stood up on a terrace and someone next to me was being overly animated and I didn't like it then I could just move. The bloke also wouldn't really stand out so much either.

Going to games at all seater stadiums has become sterile and as a consequence the ramblings and outbursts of individual fans in areas that aren't for the voiciferous have become amplified and frowned upon.

Now obviously you do get some real idiots as some posts in here would attest, especially the downright ignorant and uneducated who just want to swear and shout abuse but fans who just get into the game and a bit carried away are increasingly being ostracised in favour of a more genteel match day experience.

I'm not saying anybody is right or wrong in what they do when going to a football match but in the case of Derby from what I've learned, if you want to swear and hurl abuse then think about others and go in the south stand where the others of like mind seem to be.

That minimizes the disruption and any detraction from the matchday experience for other more studious / placid / observant supporters.

Apologies for others in the south stand but its the noisiest stand where many of the more active fans are so by default if we are to lump them all in together then the SS is it.

Had to say something yesterday to a bloke behind me, everything Darren Bent did was wrong, waste of space, get out of our club. Even when the ball was with our defence he was getting abuse.

Funny thing was when I turned round to ask if perhaps he could spend a bit more time supporting the team, and making some noise as opposed to abusing individuals for 98 minutes, he stared straight ahead in silence! Darren then proceeded to be absolutely awful for the next 10 mins, which didn't really help my cause!

Felt like there was lots of anger, frustration and impatience yesterday.

I enjoyed Father Christmas trying to get the South stand going yesterday though.

10 hours ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Besides the sweary / abusive fans, the next most annoying are the analysts which jono was referring to.

I've got my very own near me. The one who knows everything before the players do.

Amateur pundits.

Thing is Tony I don't know where they keep their video replay equipment ! .. No one is THAT observant or has eyesight that good but this lot seem to be able to rewind a whole game in their head, know each participant in any piece of interplay. They then top it by giving you a tired condescending look and  a weak smile that says "never mind you'll understand one day if you pay attention and know the rules" 

13 hours ago, ladyram said:

Guy sat next to me today refused to bounce when the chant started! I showed him how to anorl - but he wouldn't budge, bloke called Boycie I think. 

:whistle:

And happy birthday mate!

I was sat next to this old dear, who smelt of booze, insisted on "bouncing" and said I must be a "fookin red" as I didn't participate.

I nearly beckoned over a steward when she grabbed my tartan blanket from over my knees and started waving it around her head whilst singing "since I was young"

thank god she fell asleep the second half.

oh, Johnny Russel was her Man of the Match, but I just think she finds him attractive.

She did know the off side rule though.

15 minutes ago, Boycie said:

I was sat next to this old dear, who smelt of booze, insisted on "bouncing" and said I must be a "fookin red" as I didn't participate.

I nearly beckoned over a steward when she grabbed my tartan blanket from over my knees and started waving it around her head whilst singing "since I was young"

thank god she fell asleep the second half.

oh, Johnny Russel was her Man of the Match, but I just think she finds him attractive.

She did know the off side rule though.

Ya can take the girl out of South Stand.... :D 

...but she'll still bounce anyway! You have to, cos if ya don't, yer a reeedddd... 

East stand needs to bounce more!

2 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

Would be good to have a 'best fan' competition where all these nobs are nominated by people sitting next to them. They get a free ticket but have to all sit together in a small section of the ground. It would either keep them out of the way or help them realise what they are like.

We could call it the East stand. 

My next door neighbour decided to bring along a couple of mouth-breathing ****** to join him in his seat in the south stand. Trouble was, this meant he had to stand in front of me for want of room. He didn't think it through.  We relocated due to a previous near neighbour smelling so strongly of urine, depending on the wind direction, it would make us gag and wretch. I found myself watching the weather forecast a few days before a home game to see if whether we would be stunk out or not.   However all this pales into insignificance when remembering the Normanton End in the early seventies, when I often saw men urinating on the terraces. Got pi**ed on myself once. Nice. 

15 minutes ago, one_chop said:

Bloke next to me always stands up and tries to get a chant going, when he realises nobody is joining in he sits back down effing and blinding calling us all red dogs. He tries it at least 10 times every game.

It's never worked 

Can't beat a bit of friendly fire. 

12 minutes ago, Doodle said:

We could call it the East stand. 

OI ! I like the east stand. We may not make much noise but we have more pundits per capita than the Washington Press corps and the DET letters section combined. 

Archived