Van Basten: New rules to football

Dimmu

Some pretty radical opinions how to make game better from the FIFA's Technical Director.

- completely scrap the offside

- replace penalty kick with freedom to do whatever you like in 8 seconds from 25 metres

- sin bin. 5 to 10 minutes.

Those who can read German:

http://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/fifa/plant-neue-fussball-revolution-49833710.bild.html#fromWall

What do you guys think?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

Some pretty radical opinions how to make game better from the FIFA's Technical Director.

- replace penalty kick with freedom to do whatever you like in 8 seconds from 25 metres

http://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/fifa/plant-neue-fussball-revolution-49833710.bild.html#fromWall

What do you guys think?

Google translate is really **** at German!

6 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Google translate is really **** at German!

Me too. Or I'm more rusty than ****.

But those three are main points. I wouldn't mind see yellow's changed to 7 minute sin bin. Much fairer than cumulative yellow card system where future opponent's get the advantage of fouls.

16 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Scraping the offside rule would certainly give more freedom to players on the ball. They'd have all the time and space in the world. Would be a completely different game, and certainly much slower.

It would turn it into a completely different sport. What's the point?

Hope this is nothing more than leaked brain storming. Football is the biggest success story in sport. Don't change it.

1 hour ago, Dimmu said:

What do you guys think?

That sounds good. Don't know what I'd do with the the 3 seconds I'd have left over mind. Suppose I could take up smoking  :ph34r:

I've got a radical idea...leave the f**king game alone.

Go back to the original offside rule which everyone (apart from women) knew.

Put the number of teams in the European Championships and World Cup back to what they were. 

Just have the league winners in the European Cup.

Instead of trying to cater for people sat on their sofa at home get back to looking after the people who make the game what it is...the fans.

23 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I've got a radical idea...leave the f**king game alone.

Go back to the original offside rule which everyone (apart from women) knew.

Put the number of teams in the European Championships and World Cup back to what they were. 

Just have the league winners in the European Cup.

Instead of trying to cater for people sat on their sofa at home get back to looking after the people who make the game what it is...the fans.

We should also bring back jumpers for goal posts. And spangles

Archived