A fridge too far

ramsbottom

9 minutes ago, davenportram said:

Can't see it being clough. Why would any manager who is settled where they are go to Forest. It's a very toxic club at the moment. in fact why would anybody think of taking the job.

Depends on the take over, i don't think he'll work for them if Fawaz is involved.

If he was offered the job by a sensible long term ownership group he'd have to take it much like he did at Derby.

How could he not with the legacy of his old man?

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, uttoxram75 said:

Depends on the take over, i don't think he'll work for them if Fawaz is involved.

If he was offered the job by a sensible long term ownership group he'd have to take it much like he did at Derby.

How could he not with the legacy of his old man?

He has been on record as hating what the club did to his dad at the end, announcing his retirement without Cloughs permission and wouldn't forgive that. Mind you that was under long gone owners.

12 hours ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

It's a tricky one Paul. If you compare Salzburg with Celtic then you'd appreciate that even Joe Kinnear could manage the club to the title.

Salzburg aren't the biggest club in the country though but I'd say they had the most money and better facilities although Rapid have recently moved into a new ground and have top class training facilities etc.

The club are absolutely desperate to get into the Champions League group stages, a feat not yet managed despite numerous close shaves. We've reached the play offs a few times and looked good for qualifying in some games but just inexplicably imploded.

Rapid are probably the Rangers of the league whilst you've got Austria Vienna and Sturm Graz who are on their way back to something like they were years ago.

The club want CL football and as yet nobody has been able to deliver it. Quite a few managers have come and gone the past 7 years and Garcia will go the same way if he cannot bring CL football, especially with one of the brands (red bull) other clubs doing so well in Germany (Leipzig).

I think he's learning now to tighten up at the back. A bit like Klopp, the team will always have the resources to play attacking football and win games but we've been leaky in the past.

Overall it's difficult to predict if he would do well at Forest. Anyway would YOU swap Salzburg for Nottingham?

See what I mean? :lol:

I suppose it depends what the offer is etc.

It would be interesting how Forest would react if Red Bull did buy the club as I expect they would re-brand in someway.

How would I react if Derby became Derby RedBull or somthing like that? If we had success i suppose i would get over it.

18 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

It would be interesting how Forest would react if Red Bull did buy the club as I expect they would re-brand in someway.

How would I react if Derby became Derby RedBull or somthing like that? If we had success i suppose i would get over it.

Don't they change colours, badge and everything? Be a bit weird

22 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Don't they change colours, badge and everything? Be a bit weird

Yeah it would. I guess the way forest are going a re-brand when the fold to AFC Nottingham or somehing like that might happen anwyay

Red Bull Sheriffs

Blue n red red bull logo kit.

New stadium "the rushcliffe megadome" about 5 miles out of notti gham

City ground becomes housing.

The new club badge has some mysterious undeserved stars over their logo.

Forest fans split into two groups, the "club we loved is gone, I now support RBS because it's top flight" and the "its totally the same club and we totally won 2 European cups and will win more with the red bull money which comes to us because of footballing tradition and love of forest"

26 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Red Bull Sheriffs

Blue n red red bull logo kit.

New stadium "the rushcliffe megadome" about 5 miles out of notti gham

City ground becomes housing.

The new club badge has some mysterious undeserved stars over their logo.

Forest fans split into two groups, the "club we loved is gone, I now support RBS because it's top flight" and the "its totally the same club and we totally won 2 European cups and will win more with the red bull money which comes to us because of footballing tradition and love of forest"

Pretty much why I went the Red Bull way when the old Salzburg were bought out. A splinter club was formed called SV Austria Salzburg by fans angry at this and they began life in the lower reaches of Austrian football playing in the traditional purple of the old club.

Meanwhile Red Bull Salzburg were formed, effectively as a new club and all the old history of the old club wiped out.

The Red Bull Arena at Wals-Siezenheim was then to become the home for this football experiement.

I went with Red Bull precisely due to what Radioactivewaste highlights -because it's top flight. I didn't want to do this but it is clear that football has changed and much like in society where the rich get richer and the poor get poorer, in football it's the same now.

SV Austria Salzburg have been formed by the passion and protest of a group of fans but they will never achieve anything. Once the angst has worn away they'll just end up being another lowly league club swaying from one game to the next with interest in them gradually waning.

Don't get me wrong, I admire them for going it alone and sticking to their principles but the harsh fact is nobody cares about them. Not Austrian football, not Austrian football fans and not the footballing world.

Football is full of sheep today and I decided to become one of them after years of sticking up for small and minority teams. I did this because there is really no other option.

Football has already been destroyed IMO and if it wasn't such a big part of my life I'd have binned it off ages ago but if I'm to carry on following football then I have to accept that money has won, romance and loyalty and integrity have died and this is just the way it is.

It's not the same game anymore. Football is secondary to making lots of people in it lots and lots of money.

If you can't beat 'em - join 'em.

Against all what I've ever stood for but eventually you get beaten down and have to admit you're fighting a losing battle. Football is a cash cow and nobody is really interested in what happens lower down the food chain. Even in this country.

The lack of knowledge from many Premier League fans about our own leagues and teams and players is staggering and I find it sad and a bit ignorant if I'm being honest.

I'm sure the rest of the world will have heard of Manchester United but not Macclesfield Town, just like they have heard of Red Bull Salzburg and not Austria Salzburg.

Size matters.

2 hours ago, Paul71 said:

The football league wouldn't let Assem Allam change Hull City to Hull Tigers, so they couldn't re-name Forest to Nottingham Red Bulls anyway.

So they'll just have to remain as Nottingham Red Bullshit.

4 minutes ago, eddie said:

The football league wouldn't let Assem Allam change Hull City to Hull Tigers, so they couldn't re-name Forest to Nottingham Red Bulls anyway.

So they'll just have to remain as Nottingham Red Bullshit.

yeah i forgot about that.

1 hour ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

not the same game anymore. Football is secondary to making lots of people in it lots and lots of money.

It was interesting to see on the TV at Old Trafford yesterday, the LED advertising hoardings announcing Manure's global partner - for tractors.

Derby have some way to go yet, never mind all the Pogba nonsense.

13 minutes ago, ilkleyram said:

It was interesting to see on the TV at Old Trafford yesterday, the LED advertising hoardings announcing Manure's global partner - for tractors.

Derby have some way to go yet, never mind all the Pogba nonsense.

Even goals are sponsored at some places!

"The goal for Chelsea was scored on 60 minutes by Gary Cahill!!! In association with Kensington Range Rover.

Then you get Nivea. The official grooming supplier of Liverpool football club with Lallana rubbing his chops on telly. This is confirmation to me that football is secondary.

A few years ago, sponsorships and advertising were a novel way of getting income to keep a club financially healthy. Nowadays they are used to make shed loads of money that go into others pockets. The clubs are financially sound but this insatiable appetite for more and more just won't stop.

Going to ridiculous vacuous lengths such as a club having an 'official grooming partner'.

Official crisp partner of the England team I saw somewhere during the Euros.

It's madness. Corporate bull and gradually stadiums are being filled with business people masquerading as fans or tourists from abroad who are just hoodwinked by all this incessant crap being thrown their way from global brands and they have to be a part of it.

The question I ask myself is....do Liverpool really need Nivea? Really? I could accept it if they took the Nivea money and used it to subsidise Anfield ticket prices. After all, they are loaded and some fans are living hand to mouth just to go and support their club whose players don't care one bit about them.

Surely the Nivea money could be used to help fans rather than get swallowed up in some bottomless pit of money somewhere or pay another mercenary footballer another 10k a week on top of the 100 he is already on?

Crazy.

3 minutes ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

"The goal for Chelsea was scored on 60 minutes by Gary Cahill!!! In association with Kensington Range Rover.

Then you get Nivea. The official grooming supplier of Liverpool football club with Lallana rubbing his chops on telly. This is confirmation to me that football is secondary.

A few years ago, sponsorships and advertising were a novel way of getting income to keep a club financially healthy. Nowadays they are used to make shed loads of money that go into others pockets. The clubs are financially sound but this insatiable appetite for more and more just won't stop.

Going to ridiculous vacuous lengths such as a club having an 'official grooming partner'.

It's madness. Corporate bull and gradually stadiums are being filled with business people masquerading as fans or tourists from abroad who are just hoodwinked by all this incessant crap being thrown their way from global brands and they have to be a part of it.

The question I ask myself is....do Liverpool really need Nivea? Really? I could accept it if they took the Nivea money and used it to subsidise Anfield ticket prices. After all, they are loaded and some fans are living hand to mouth just to go and support their club whose players don't care one bit about them.

Surely the Nivea money could be used to help fans rather than get swallowed up in some bottomless pit of money somewhere or pay another mercenary footballer another 10k a week on top of the 100 he is already on?

Crazy.

Is it still illegal to GROOM someone LOL:whistle:

6 minutes ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Crazy.

I just came up with a bit of a conspiracy theory reading this. Ticket prices have to make up a reasonably small amount of a clubs income these days. I'm sure I worked it out once, or someone on here did, that the entire ticket receipts for the average match wouldn't even cover the wages of one star player for that week. So the clubs probably could charge nothing, and it wouldn't effect them much. If all players took a 5% pay cut, it would probably cover it. 

But then why would people pay for sky subscriptions when they can go to the match for free? Maybe it's part of the tv deal that they have to continue charging for tickets, to make a sky sports subscription still seem like good value. 

Also, there's the fact that stadiums still sell out. Some clubs can pretty much charge what they want, and still guarantee and sell out, so they do, because they can. It's shitty though, it's not exactly putting the fans first. 

4 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

I just came up with a bit of a conspiracy theory reading this. Ticket prices have to make up a reasonably small amount of a clubs income these days. I'm sure I worked it out once, or someone on here did, that the entire ticket receipts for the average match wouldn't even cover the wages of one star player for that week. So the clubs probably could charge nothing, and it wouldn't effect them much. If all players took a 5% pay cut, it would probably cover it. 

But then why would people pay for sky subscriptions when they can go to the match for free? Maybe it's part of the tv deal that they have to continue charging for tickets, to make a sky sports subscription still seem like good value. 

Also, there's the fact that stadiums still sell out. Some clubs can pretty much charge what they want, and still guarantee and sell out, so they do, because they can. It's shitty though, it's not exactly putting the fans first. 

Yes but each ground only holds so many fans. Fans which probably go now as it is, may also have Sky AND are paying 40 plus quid a ticket.

Not all Sky subscribers can fit into the Premier Leagues football grounds but see what you're saying TT.

Archived