Traveling Fans

1of4

3 minutes ago, sage said:

maybe the group stages should be regional. We could lumped in with say France, Belgium and Holland

Good idea.. Why clubs have to travel to Eastern Europe during a season is beyond me.. Why have group stages? 

The poor buggers have to play home and away. What was wrong with a simple knockout?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Good idea.. Why clubs have to travel to Eastern Europe during a season is beyond me.. Why have group stages? 

The poor buggers have to play home and away. What was wrong with a simple knockout?

Agree. The Europa League group stages in particular are ridiculous.

I prefer Euro games. So as we play in Championship, Fa cup is the shortest route there.

Eurogames, league and cup would be the order if we were in PL, but not now.

Think about it, Eastern Europe away games, should be fun!

All this talk of 'tired' players, we need to 'rest' someone because we have a game in 3 days time,  makes me laugh.

Chris Froome's overall time for the Tour de France last year was just over 89 hours - that's equivalent to 60 games of football over 3 weeks.

1 minute ago, TelTheRam said:

All this talk of 'tired' players, we need to 'rest' someone because we have a game in 3 days time,  makes me laugh.

Chris Froome's overall time for the Tour de France last year was just over 89 hours - that's equivalent to 60 games of football over 3 weeks.

ah but cycling has a reputation of course

3 minutes ago, TelTheRam said:

Wasn't he sat on his arse for most of it tho?

3 minutes ago, TelTheRam said:

He is also up against a pack of riders who are also on the tour... whereas teams have different fixtures, conditions and playing styles.

1 hour ago, 1of4 said:

No just the lack of kebab shops in the early 70s

What did we used to eat in the 70s.. All I can remember is fish and chips or Wimpy.. People are spoilt nowadays. Was hard to get fat then.. Footy in the park, running away from the kids in the next town, chasing after the kids in the next town.

Happy days.

1 hour ago, TelTheRam said:

And the tennis dudes.. They have a schedule and a half. Travel, hours on court..  5 hour matches and back the day after next.

Archived