Hull sack Phelan

David

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dear Hull chairman,

Please employ Gary Rowett immediately. Not only will you have a bright, up and coming manager who'll galvanise your team. But you'll also cause Notts Forest fans to loose their collective **** over Fawaz dragging out the takeover of their club, so they couldn't employ him and save their season.

Yours sincerely

Rams fans

Something has to have gone on behind the scenes that people are not aware of, he only became the permanent manager in October and could barely field a team through pre season.

3pts behind Palace so survival isn't out the question.

The timing is awful if it was for football reasons, now any incoming manager has got less a month to assess the squad and find players.

5 minutes ago, David said:

3pts behind Palace so survival isn't out the question.

Snodgrass is their only real hope of survival. He's had a good season but not the sort of quality a team should be depending on to stay up in the PL. I would be very, very surprised if they were a PL team next season.

It's nice that they've given him an 11-month notice period. Modern day managers of course have very low job security, they go about their job with no real guarantee of even being in a job in a few weeks time. Fair play Hull, kind of you to inform a manager of his future that far in advance.

Not sure its relevant but I thought it really strange watching footage of the end of their recent game against Everton which they drew at home  2:2.

Phelan went out of his way to shake hands with  and congratulate every Everton player coming off the pitch at the end and literally ignored every member of his own team as they trooped down the tunnel, having very nearly achieving a morale boosting win.

The players and the club cannot have been happy with that. Nothing wrong with being sporting to the opposition, but ignoring your own players after a pretty good performance ? Thats not normal behaviour. Two days later he was gone.

Phelan has got his hands tied so in that respect I can't really comment on whether he deserved the sack or not. The only thing supporting this decision is their position in the league table. I'm sure given funds and stability they wouldn't find themselves there.

As for Rowett. He'd be certifiable if he were to go to Hull. The club are in a mess, they have no long term strategy and are dysfunctional. He'd be gone within 6 months and hindered his career.

Sure he'll get a few quid but he can't be short. Is it really the be all and end all? Rowett needs a club who will give him time and support, not even necessarily wads of cash to spend on players but just simple stability. Given this he'll be a complete success. I hope he doesn't go.

Hull are going down. Their best players like Snodgrass et al will move on and despite the parachute payments I think they have had their chances and could end up a Bolton / Sheff U / Charlton in 5 years time.

Probably some old magic managerial roundabout duffer that gets it like Russell Slade or Tony Mowbray.

Just my opinion on what will happen.

3 minutes ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

As for Rowett. He'd be certifiable if he were to go to Hull. The club are in a mess, they have no long term strategy and are dysfunctional. He'd be gone within 6 months and hindered his career.

Sounds very similar to Brum 2/3 years ago ?

Could be right up his street - that made his reputation

You may well be right , though, it would be a huge gamble.

But getting back in a job, and having a crack in the Premier ? How often will that chance come along for him ?  

12 minutes ago, BobbyD said:

Sounds very similar to Brum 2/3 years ago ?

Could be right up his street - that made his reputation

You may well be right , though, it would be a huge gamble.

But getting back in a job, and having a crack in the Premier ? How often will that chance come along for him ?  

Good point about Brum. Not really considered that. Just think he might be a bit warier now though about clubs with chaos begin the scenes.

It's a tricky choice. I still think if he took over at Hull they'd go down anyway so he'd be back in the Championship but of course i could be totally wrong.

I just think if he bides his time, the way football is in todays day and age he could have a pick of clubs during a 6 month sabbatical.

20 hours ago, G-Ram said:

I think he's been hard done to. Started the season with about 13 registered players & has been given hardly any money to strengthen. Fair enough Hull look rubbish but his hands appear to have been tied 

I tipped them for beating our record when they couldn't even fill a subs bench at the start of the season. So he's done well to keep them in contention at all. You can only work a miracle for so long. 

Archived