Do we really need anymore signings

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

I would offer Fulham £3m to buy out Chris Martin's loan and bring him back. They make a profit, on top of his 7 goals to date, and we get our player back.

Something like this must have been considered/discussed. Ultimately it'll come down to what the player wants I'd imagine. 

1 hour ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Is there anything else that actually impress you at all Mr Negative?

Defensive shape - superb

Carson - Dominant and excellent distibution

Baird - revelation at RB

Pearce/Keogh - understanding and dominance on games

Lowe - looks an outstanding talent and has an excellent cross on him

BJ - find of the season playing him where it is. @Alpha wrote a super summary on him recently but he is providing so much protection it is unreal.

Hughes - driving force and controlling games. I like his willingness to take the ball forward.

Ince - our saviour currently offensively. A desire to run at people, shoot, get forward.

Bent - I like the guy. He plays a certain way which will see him drift in and out but he is giving the team a positive lead from the front.

I like the team is patient in their build up, less Hollywood passes and trying to find the feet of Hughes and Butterfield. Granted I want them receiving the ball further up the pitch, especially Butterfield but I don't mind our philosophy of working it from side to side to try and penetrate the opposition. Birmingham second half though over Birminhgam first half when it comes to this.

The fans are superb at the moment, coming out in their numbers home and away. Long may it continue and a cracking effort by all concerned on the last to home games.

I like the fact the sound system was kept to a minimum pre kick off on Saturday. Anyone else notice this?

I like the coaching team who obviously get on well and who also seem to have a good relationship to the players.

I like Sam Rush taking a more focal role and Morris working in the background.

So yes, Mr Grumpy, I have lots of things to be happy about and in certain threads and topics, I'll express the delight over the areas we can improve. 

6 hours ago, rammieib said:

Defensive shape - superb

Carson - Dominant and excellent distibution

Baird - revelation at RB

Pearce/Keogh - understanding and dominance on games

Lowe - looks an outstanding talent and has an excellent cross on him

BJ - find of the season playing him where it is. @Alpha wrote a super summary on him recently but he is providing so much protection it is unreal.

Hughes - driving force and controlling games. I like his willingness to take the ball forward.

Ince - our saviour currently offensively. A desire to run at people, shoot, get forward.

Bent - I like the guy. He plays a certain way which will see him drift in and out but he is giving the team a positive lead from the front.

I like the team is patient in their build up, less Hollywood passes and trying to find the feet of Hughes and Butterfield. Granted I want them receiving the ball further up the pitch, especially Butterfield but I don't mind our philosophy of working it from side to side to try and penetrate the opposition. Birmingham second half though over Birminhgam first half when it comes to this.

The fans are superb at the moment, coming out in their numbers home and away. Long may it continue and a cracking effort by all concerned on the last to home games.

I like the fact the sound system was kept to a minimum pre kick off on Saturday. Anyone else notice this?

I like the coaching team who obviously get on well and who also seem to have a good relationship to the players.

I like Sam Rush taking a more focal role and Morris working in the background.

So yes, Mr Grumpy, I have lots of things to be happy about and in certain threads and topics, I'll express the delight over the areas we can improve. 

Well that's put that one to bed big style

If we can get Lansbury, Sako and Rhodes and still be within the financial guide lines, I'd do it

they are all influential players - and we have nothing to lose as their value is not going to go down

even if they don't work out. The end justifies the means here, IMO

8 minutes ago, DesertRam said:

If we can get Lansbury, Sako and Rhodes and still be within the financial guide lines, I'd do it

they are all influential players - and we have nothing to lose as their value is not going to go down

even if they don't work out. The end justifies the means here, IMO

Can't see us getting those three in Jan but would love it if we did ,, how exciting would that be?

Dont want us to spend lots. I really can't see us finishing anything other than play offs..whether we sign 5 top players or no-one. You're basically gambling all that money in the hope these signings will perform in those 2 or 3 games. I don't see anyone to fear with squad we have now. Loan deals would suffice if top-notch players will come. 

Assuming one of the left backs gets fit quickly we need an attacking right back, one more central midfielder (as we only have three), and a striker. The sale of Martin should help things and loans from Premier league clubs should be considered. Lansbury would be a good signing. I am not sure about a right back now that the Hearts player has a long term injury.I am not sure about a striker either. i wouldn't go for Rhodes.

I agree with much of the above but if we keep on winning ? 

Why upset the apple cart ? 

I feel we still don't score enough goals so some reinforcement there maybe .. 

Steve was up in Edinburgh watching a Hearts player .. wonder what became of that ? 

Being linked with Lansbury and Rhodes is just agent fuelled garbage .. but yeah another attacker and defender .. 

If quality is brought in .. then it can only be for the best. 

Archived