Henri Lansbury - Signed for Aston Villa

DcFc Dyycheee

1 hour ago, 86 points said:

What does Lansbury bring that Hourihane wouldn't? A crap attitude and haircut aside....

No idea because I've only seen the Barnsley player once, but for what it's worth, my in laws are Barnsley season ticket holders and rate him very highly. Seen enough of Lansbury to know he is a decent acquisition for this level, don't know anything about him to make a judgement on his attitude.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

I mentioned Hourihane last summer as one we should go for.

He would be such an obvious signing to make. I'm amazed we havent made an effort to get him. He's much mor suited to our style of play than Lansbury ever was.

Amazingly, he was linked with Huddersfield as a possible replacement for Butterfield when we were linked with him. Unfortunately for Huddersfield, we only stumped up the asking price last minute for JB and they couldn't get him signed in time.

21 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

No idea because I've only seen the Barnsley player once, but for what it's worth, my in laws are Barnsley season ticket holders and rate him very highly. Seen enough of Lansbury to know he is a decent acquisition for this level, don't know anything about him to make a judgement on his attitude.

You should pay more attention then fella. He's a diving, cheating ****. Good player, mind!

23 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Lansbury is a decent player, so is Vydra.

But like our Czech international and record signing, Lansbury doesn't fit the profile and our way of playing. We need a ball-carrier in midfield, a player looking to drive forward and press high off the ball.

We need a Bryson of 2013/14. Lansbury is very much in the mould of Butterfield, just he plays a little further forward. We don't need yet another player of this ilk.

Hourinhane is absoloutely ideal for what we need to strike a proper balance in midfield.

7 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

How many times have you seen him diving and cheating? Do you say the same about our players if they go down easily?

Sorry mate, no time to waste chatting to you. Too busy having a great day. You think what you like and I'll do likewise if it's all the same to you.

10 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Sorry mate, no time to waste chatting to you. Too busy having a great day. You think what you like and I'll do likewise if it's all the same to you.

Yes no probs at all, just wondered what you was basing your comment, no worries if you can't back it up, everyone is allowed an opinion. 

Enjoy your night!

19 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Has Blackstock ever struck any of us as a bit of an operator? The smart mind and tough negotiating ability tha get his clients deals like a playing contract at Rotherham?

Tbf, i didn't see Darryl Powell being a successfull agent either......

5 hours ago, 86 points said:

What does Lansbury bring that Hourihane wouldn't? A crap attitude and haircut aside....

Signing Hourihane wouldn't drive the gumps nuts.

Archived