'Fringe' Players...'Time to sell'

Daz_The_Ram

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Then let's put a team together and play ! 

You wouldn't think I am any good though, I play similar to Chris Martin, big lad up top, scores loads of goals and sets them up but doesn't run around a great deal. :whistle:

12 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

If there's scope to move him on and bring in a player who's not only cheaper but more than up to it then why not. 

We need to be a bit more savvy with our squad, especially if we don't go up. The sooner we start sorting it the better. 

That's all speculative though.

All on the bandwagon for shipping Shackell out, are very good at telling me he is uncommitted, too expensive, too old, doesn't growl a bit like Buxton, this and that and the other kind of rubbish ... and yet, can't name anyone they'd replace him with. Other than Rawson, who is a kid ... a swap that would be utterly nonsensical for a side wanting to get right up there.

18 minutes ago, rynny said:

You wouldn't think I am any good though, I play similar to Chris Martin, big lad up top, scores loads of goals and sets them up but doesn't run around a great deal. :whistle:

Do you flap your arms and beech at your teammates and whinge when the ball is not played precisely to you? 

8 minutes ago, Daz_The_Ram said:

That's all speculative though.

All on the bandwagon for shipping Shackell out, are very good at telling me he is uncommitted, too expensive, too old, doesn't growl a bit like Buxton, this and that and the other kind of rubbish ... and yet, can't name anyone they'd replace him with. Other than Rawson, who is a kid ... a swap that would be utterly nonsensical for a side wanting to get right up there.

Step up from the U23s is massive and Rawson struggles to stop goals going in for them. 

Derby U23s shipped  5 at home the other night and are near the bottom of the league. 

Shackell has been 1st class with his attitude according to McClaren and doesn't feature for the U23s 

5 minutes ago, curtains said:

Step up from the U23s is massive and Rawson struggles to stop goals going in for them. 

Derby U23s shipped  5 at home the other night and are near the bottom of the league. 

Shackell has been 1st class with his attitude according to McClaren and doesn't feature for the U23s 

A little unfair curtains because he had some atrocious defensive support around him. CAnt pin it all on Rawson

3 minutes ago, curtains said:

Point is I wouldn't be confident he could do it in the 1st team. 

Whats his contract situation. 

Fair enough but he's pretty good and he's a beast in the air on attacking corners. Not sure on contract but he's another that must be getting restless for first team football - at least match day squad

21 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Do you flap your arms and beech at your teammates and whinge when the ball is not played precisely to you? 

It depends if they play a ball that is simple that doesnt get to me. Or try make run after a sloppy ball after a lazy pass.

39 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

I like the way this thread is turning into a 'Which forum members can step up to the first team squad' thread.

I can fulfill the Martin rolling around on the floor role but little else.

Surely with your user name, you could just sit there and let the players run round you. With the added bonus of being able to just walk in after the warm up and not need collecting 

Archived