Jump to content

Confidence and what a bit of it can do......


toddy
 Share

Recommended Posts

A couple of months back those two away games against Wigan and QPR would have ended up with us losing.

Now as Mac has brought confidence back to the players the turn around is immense, now we can put in an average performance [two games above] and still get a positive result - the sign of a team on the up.

On the Sky game  Stuart Pearce said that when he had Ince at Forest he was a player that needed confidence  and to be fair Ince now looks like the player we had on loan a few season back. :thumbsup:

Another player that looks completely different is Johnson - what a player we now have at the holding midfielder position :thumbsup:

Confidence does breed confidence throughout the side and let it continue, we are a rejuvenated club!

Hail the Return of the Mac!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, toddy said:

A couple of months back those two away games against Wigan and QPR would have ended up with us losing.

Now as Mac has brought confidence back to the players the turn around is immense, now we can put in an average performance [two games above] and still get a positive result - the sign of a team on the up.

On the Sky game  Stuart Pearce said that when he had Ince at Forest he was a player that needed confidence  and to be fair Ince now looks like the player we had on loan a few season back. :thumbsup:

Another player that looks completely different is Johnson - what a player we now have at the holding midfielder position :thumbsup:

Confidence does breed confidence throughout the side and let it continue, we are a rejuvenated club!

Hail the Return of the Mac!

I don't think you can put all this upturn in form down to Mac. I believe a letter from UncleJ as made all the difference 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, rynny said:

Lessons have well and truly been learnt, hopefully on both of Mel's and Mac's part.

Let's hope so, I can't be doing with more egos and one upmanship

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mac seems to get the best out of certain players here.Credit to him for that ,but we also need to see how he gets the players reacting to a loss.

I'll never understand the mechanics of football management though..and the relationship managers have with players.. how come he could'nt do this at Newcastle ??

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Doodle said:

I don't think you can put all this upturn in form down to Mac. I believe a letter from UncleJ as made all the difference 

To be fair I think Mac is rather redundant in the whole situation. 

The letter from Uncle J has 100% made the difference and he should be held in the highest regard for it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Norman said:

@ronnieronalde  will not be giving this post a "like"

If one of his decisions works and he gets the club promoted he'll get credit from me. I don't need to like someone to say well done.

So far (and I admit I focus on the negative and quite possibly ignore his positive contributions) in my eyes all he has done is sanction the spending of a fortune and the club are still in the same division as when he walked through the door.

McClaren has massively surprised me, even though the squad is packed full of quality, I didn't expect him to hit the ground running. If it was Sam who brought him back and if Steve gets Derby up, I'll be straight on to post a well done and an "I got it badly wrong" comment.

It's time to move on, even for me, NC is in a place I'm happy with and I've said all along that I'd love to see Derby established in the Premier League no matter who is in charge.

Things are looking rosey again, no need for me to claim otherwise.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, rynny said:

Lessons have well and truly been learnt, hopefully on both of Mel's and Mac's part.

I wonder whether the fans will ever learn their lesson?

I've been having a bit of a giggle this last half an hour, going through some threads from around the start of the season. Something posted can never be un-posted. For instance, who said this and about whom?

Quote

He is just a poor version of Robbie savage.

Or this...

Quote

For every one thing he does well, he does 5 terrible things

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 15/12/2016 at 15:27, Ramz64 said:

Mac seems to get the best out of certain players here.Credit to him for that ,but we also need to see how he gets the players reacting to a loss.

I'll never understand the mechanics of football management though..and the relationship managers have with players.. how come he could'nt do this at Newcastle ??

We lost at Huddersfield?...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/15/2016 at 16:19, ronnieronalde said:

If one of his decisions works and he gets the club promoted he'll get credit from me. I don't need to like someone to say well done.

So far (and I admit I focus on the negative and quite possibly ignore his positive contributions) in my eyes all he has done is sanction the spending of a fortune and the club are still in the same division as when he walked through the door.

McClaren has massively surprised me, even though the squad is packed full of quality, I didn't expect him to hit the ground running. If it was Sam who brought him back and if Steve gets Derby up, I'll be straight on to post a well done and an "I got it badly wrong" comment.

It's time to move on, even for me, NC is in a place I'm happy with and I've said all along that I'd love to see Derby established in the Premier League no matter who is in charge.

Things are looking rosey again, no need for me to claim otherwise.

Enjoyed this greatly. 

You add that criteria to anyone on earth in order to criticise them.

 

That being said, it's good to see signs of you being happy for Derby, ronnie. It's be a while! :lol:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.