Omar Bogle - Signed for Wigan

Day

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember predicting that Kenwyne Jones would be a superstar.
I remember predicting that Freddie Adu would be a world beater.
I predicted that Eddie Johnson would tear up the Premier League.

I predicted a fortnight ago that Omar Bogle would also become a star.

Stop panicking - I clearly have no idea what I'm doing, and judging from my success rate, at best he will be a flash in the pan..

2 minutes ago, CampelloChris said:

I remember predicting that Kenwyne Jones would be a superstar.
I remember predicting that Freddie Adu would be a world beater.
I predicted that Eddie Johnson would tear up the Premier League.

I predicted a fortnight ago that Omar Bogle would also become a star.

Stop panicking - I clearly have no idea what I'm doing, and judging from my success rate, at best he will be a flash in the pan..

Those previous predictions are crazy to be fair mate, I was never on board with any of those.

3 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Already scored more championship goals than Russell/Camara combined this season or the same amount as Vydra! (I think)

Can't compare the striker to wingers. Silly. 

Knew this guy would be declared the new Pele after his first goal or goals. Just wait until wildschut scores for Norwich.....

Us not signing him is like when Sheffield united turned down the chance to sign maradonna. I can see the two having similar careers.

11 minutes ago, KBB said:

Knew this guy would be declared the new Pele after his first goal or goals. Just wait until wildschut scores for Norwich.....

Us not signing him is like when Sheffield united turned down the chance to sign maradonna. I can see the two having similar careers.

No need for the hyperbole is there really? No one professed anything like that for Bogle here, you don't need to exaggerate to make a point. My only statement was that I think he'd cut it at this level and they'd sell him for more than they'd paid. 1 start 2 goals so far.

Quick peep at the Norwich forum - Bogle apparently immense. Wildschut already being referred to as Wildshit. The Lord giveth and taketh away! Norwich have only taken 1 point from games away games at bottom 2. The fans hate the manager. They think Delia sets the tactics.

Glad to be Rams fan!

Bogle surprised me. I still have to stick with my original view on him that doing well at this level consistently is a step too far but he has started well.

I am always happy to be proved wrong and hope Bogle does well. I'm always happy to see a lad who has trawled around the Exeters and Morecambes and Braintrees of this world make a success of his opportunity.

He's got a real long way to go yet but great start for the lad.

Be as pessimistic as you like - especially those acting like they know best. Bogle has proven already he can produce results in this division against a decent opponent. Goes without saying that a fairer judgement could be given with more time, but it's naïve to suggest he wasn't worth a shot.

I think after Bogles form in the first half of the season, coupled with his Pace, ability to finish and more importantly, his first touch suggested he would make the step up.

He was a no brainier for a fee as low as 750k.

But, if Mac didn't want him that is understandable, we will have Martin and Zanzala added to the mix at the end of the season.

Archived