Can someone please remind me...

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a 2nd choice, playing one game in a team full of 2nd choice players, which then dont play well is never going to proove you deserve a spot in the first team. Lee Grant had a howler against pompey i remember. Dawkins made pretty much his only appearence of the season before leaving etc.

Poor Pearcey... glad he is doing well now though, you dont get to become club captain of a decent Reading side if you dont have quality.

20 minutes ago, Anon said:

He's a fantastic leader too. You don't need to be wearing an armband for that to have a positive effect on your team mates.

and likewise you can have an armband and be a crappy leader with no positive effect on the team.

Keo*cough

1 hour ago, Anon said:

He's a fantastic leader too. You don't need to be wearing an armband for that to have a positive effect on your team mates.

Yep noticed he gave Olsson a mini rollicking when he was careless after about 20 mins.

He sets a tone for the defence at the minute, another that having been given a chance in the fight position that is shining.

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

I actually thought today was his worst game for Derby, gave the ball in dangerous positions on a few occasions.

His defending is pretty much faultless though and that is reflected with the clean sheets being racked up.

I did say to the Memsahib "Always got a mistake in him" and she looked daggers at me. His last-ditch defending was outstanding though.

• 2 weeks later...

The Boss ! .. Pure and simple 

I think I pinched that monica from a post of  @angieram He has excelled since he got his break in to the team. A leader, a real quality defender, guts, composure, skill and immense appreciation of how important fans are. player of the season for me. 

Its a long time since we have seen such all round ability in a centre back. Thanks Boss ! Thoroughly enjoying watching you play. 

Archived