80s music

Muskination

On 27/10/2016 at 07:06, eddie said:

Rob Halford is omnipresent. For him, the passage of time is irrelevant.

My cousin (a DCFC fan) is currently working with Mr Halford, producing his next album. 

He said that he was a thoroughly nice chap and only the other day sent me a photo of him and the band tucking into a homemade Victoria sponge cake that Halford had made that morning....rock n roll aint dead...!!

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fuzzbox anyone? Voice of the Beehive. Wee Papa Girl Rappers. :lol:

Sweetness

Sweetness I was only joking when I said by rights you should be bludgeoned in your bed.

Not my sick mind but the mind of Morrissey. Absolute legendary song that along with the more obvious but reverberating How Soon Is Now.

I have recently got back into some of the 80s music. New Gold Dream by Simple Minds, Faith by the Cure, and assorted bits and bobs and oddities. Like the Fall, This Nation's Saving Grace and Talk Talk's Colour of Spring. Never been too keen on his voice though!

My memories are of some good singles, many poor albums, over production, old bands not reinventing themselves effectively and some absolute dross. Bros springs inexorably to mind.

Did see Joy Division's last ever concert at Birmingham University in May 1980. Ian Curtis killed himself three weeks later.

Also liked their transition into New Order, and still do, one of the few bands that can still make decent new music, although some may say it's similar to their older stuff.

And Talking Heads, Remain in Light and Speaking in Tongues, two excellent albums.

It was all different then, coming home to watch the Tube on Friday nights. Nothing really like that on now.

51 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

This thread made me think of this song I loved in the 80's and hadn't heard since.

Hearing it again, I now realise it's ****!

Don't feel too bad about it, i was into this, bought the album too

Technically it's from 79 but this is eighties music

Archived