80s music

Muskination

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Fuzzbox anyone? Voice of the Beehive. Wee Papa Girl Rappers. :lol:

Sweetness

Sweetness I was only joking when I said by rights you should be bludgeoned in your bed.

Not my sick mind but the mind of Morrissey. Absolute legendary song that along with the more obvious but reverberating How Soon Is Now.

Fuzzbox - Pink Subshine was a classic. 

On 28/10/2016 at 13:48, richinspain said:

Got my knuckles rapped for posting that Sabrina video a few months back (yes with reason I suppose, even if it is the official video that they showed on TOTP).

There used to be at least 1 song every year that came back from the Spanish beaches and made it into the top 40. This one was a favourite. 

4 minutes ago, CWC1983 said:

Since we are in the 80's, theres a quizz question that did the rounds a few years ago. 

Who was the first person to perform twice on the same episode of Top of the Pops, live in the studio?

Jimmy Saville?

3 minutes ago, EastHertsRam said:

Good question, I enjoy quizzes, now, would I be on the right lines thinking this act might have been on a charity song like live aid and his/her own hit ?

Hi mate, unfortunately I cant verify that the answer ive got is correct in terms of the first person, but he definitely sang 2 different songs on the same episode, both of which were top 40, if not top 10 "classic" songs. (I think)

7 minutes ago, EastHertsRam said:

Good question, I enjoy quizzes, now, would I be on the right lines thinking this act might have been on a charity song like live aid and his/her own hit ?

Sorry, didnt answer you, no not charity songs. Might of been around May / June 1982. If ive got this wrong I blame "off the ball" podcast that i listened to last week.....

Just now, EastHertsRam said:

Ok, if it's Steve Archibald (Tottenham cup final song and a Scotland World Cup song) I'll have a story about that particular edition of TOTP.

Bingo, well done, i doff my cap to you. Now spill the beans. 

1 minute ago, CWC1983 said:

Bingo, well done, i doff my cap to you. Now spill the beans. 

Ok, I was working for Chas & Dave at the time, when they recorded the cup final song, it was a bloomin' nuisance, can you get this can you do that, so when we were scheduled to do TOTP I asked the tour manager if I could give it the bodyswerve because I didn't fancy running after the Tottenham players again all day.

Now, I'm a huge Beatles fan and Chas & Dave know Paul McCartney from the time he produced a hit for Cliff Bennett and the Rebel Rousers who Chas and drummer Mickey Burt were in. Anyway, P McC turns up to do TOTP and C & D spent the day with him, which I would have done as well being on their crew, it's what we did. They told him how gutted I'd be when they told me he was there and he sent me a note which I've still got that says To Den, Where were you ? Giving it the old bodyswerve again ? Paul McCartney. 

I can post a picture of it but it will have to be tomorrow now, it's up in the loft.

2 minutes ago, EastHertsRam said:

Ok, I was working for Chas & Dave at the time, when they recorded the cup final song, it was a bloomin' nuisance, can you get this can you do that, so when we were scheduled to do TOTP I asked the tour manager if I could give it the bodyswerve because I didn't fancy running after the Tottenham players again all day.

Now, I'm a huge Beatles fan and Chas & Dave know Paul McCartney from the time he produced a hit for Cliff Bennett and the Rebel Rousers who Chas and drummer Mickey Burt were in. Anyway, P McC turns up to do TOTP and C & D spent the day with him, which I would have done as well being on their crew, it's what we did. They told him how gutted I'd be when they told me he was there and he sent me a note which I've still got that says To Den, Where were you ? Giving it the old bodyswerve again ? Paul McCartney. 

I can post a picture of it but it will have to be tomorrow now, it's up in the loft.

Brilliant, your own piece of British pop history from one of the greats. 

Archived