Not just us!

FindernRam

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually watched Man City yesterday and it was more of a case of Southampton doing well to be fair but the pattern was similar to us a times in the past with the saints stopping city passing the ball out of defence so they ended up booting it downfield to little guys who couldn't win it and lost possession.

1 minute ago, Sparkle said:

I actually watched Man City yesterday and it was more of a case of Southampton doing well to be fair but the pattern was similar to us a times in the past with the saints stopping city passing the ball out of defence so they ended up booting it downfield to little guys who couldn't win it and lost possession.

I actually thought it was the best match I watched all season. Terrific game of football.

Kudos to the Lino for the offside too. 

2 hours ago, FindernRam said:

An expensively built team.

Many supposedly brilliant overpaid players

Loads of possession

Not many shots

Hardly any on target

No win in 5

Crowd very quiet

Not DCFC but Man City!

Almost makes you feel better (but not much?)

I see no lack of effort or ability in the Manchester City performances and they certainly have a manager who knows what to do to get things right. So for me, very little similarity, but that just my opinion.  

I'm sorry but this is a terrible comparison. Plus Man City are still top of the prem. One of those 5 games was against Barcelona where Messi was unplayable. On the topic of Barcelona, I wonder how many they'd score against us. Man City  dominated all of those 5 games apart from against Barcelona where mistakes cost them dearly.

3 minutes ago, McLovin said:

I'm sorry but this is a terrible comparison. Plus Man City are still top of the prem. One of those 5 games was against Barcelona where Messi was unplayable. On the topic of Barcelona, I wonder how many they'd score against us. Man City  dominated all of those 5 games apart from against Barcelona where mistakes cost them dearly.

They were well in the game against Barcelona too until the sending off. (Messi was actually pretty non existent until the sending off too. His goal only came because of Fernandinho slipping).

Just now, G STAR RAM said:

They were well in the game against Barcelona too until the sending off. (Messi was actually pretty non existent until the sending off too. His goal only came because of Fernandinho slipping).

Yes, the mistakes cost them dearly. Scary that Messi scored a hattrick(could have had four if he took the penalty) but only looked like he was in the second gear after coming back from an injury. 

As  Sparkle says!

I don't pretend that we are directly comparable to City, certainly not on a weekly basis but if a team like that playing a similar system hiccups over 5 games what chance do we stand.

6 hours ago, FindernRam said:

Loads of possession

Not many shots

Hardly any on target

No win in 5

Crowd very quiet

Not DCFC but Man City!

If we were top of the league, you could probably stomach it as a blip. Ours isn't a blip. 

8 hours ago, FindernRam said:

Loads of possession

Not many shots

Hardly any on target

No win in 5

Crowd very quiet

Not DCFC but Man City!

The difference is MCFC are top of the PREMIER LEAGUE and we're 21st in THE CHAMPIONSHIP. 

Archived