Concourse heating system!

England Ram

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

It was lovely in the South Stand but not really practical with the doors all open to the outside....

From what I saw in the South Stand the heaters were of a "black heat" radiant tubes type that are not affected by the opening of the "fag" gates at half time.

Radiant heat works on the principle that the radiation doesn’t heat the air (it passes freely through it) and the distribution of heat takes place mainly via radiation, a bit like the sun. 

With convection heating, the heating element heats up the air, which flows upwards towards the ceiling and then comes back, round the outside burger van, and off towards Alvaston.

Radiant energy directly heats objects and walls, as well as people in the South Stand concourse. The radiant flow is partially reflected (approx. 15%) when it reaches objects and.............anyway the principle is if you can see the tubes you'll get the benefit.

..........I'll get me anorak!  :thumbsup:

37 minutes ago, Old Spalding Ram said:

From what I saw in the South Stand the heaters were of a "black heat" radiant tubes type that are not affected by the opening of the "fag" gates at half time.

Radiant heat works on the principle that the radiation doesn’t heat the air (it passes freely through it) and the distribution of heat takes place mainly via radiation, a bit like the sun. 

With convection heating, the heating element heats up the air, which flows upwards towards the ceiling and then comes back, round the outside burger van, and off towards Alvaston.

Radiant energy directly heats objects and walls, as well as people in the South Stand concourse. The radiant flow is partially reflected (approx. 15%) when it reaches objects and.............anyway the principle is if you can see the tubes you'll get the benefit.

Yep ,put it on and get out more.:D

42 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

Ahh okay... I thought you were a guy that sat on my row across the stairs from me. 

He was the one who boo'd at HT... <_<

What was he booing - the heating?

5 hours ago, Old Spalding Ram said:

Remember to take it off while you're near the heaters or you won't feel the benefit!

On ‎19‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 10:09, RamsPolls said:

I wonder if the away stand has heating? If so I bet the Brentford fans were well impressed compared to their wooden walls.

Sadly though, crap ground and no heating vs state of the art ground and concourse heating, they are in a much better position in the table and came here and got a point that we were happy with.

I don't think they'll be too disappointed overall ;)

Didn't even realize in the South Stand... Will have to have a look next game. Hopefully we have heated seats soon! Wonder what our stadium energy efficiency rating is?

Mind you was anyone else thinking WTF with how bright the lights are!? Made me blind trying to find my seat definitely lights the pitch up though...

On 19 October 2016 at 08:03, Gritters said:

It was ok in the West Stand. It may need turning down a bit.

2016-10-18 20.21.07.jpg

I'm going to take a long fork and some sliced bread.

Archived