Concourse heating system!

England Ram

2 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Look far too red to me, c'mon Mel get the black and white coal in!

fkuts4.jpgt

If he does..... might be able to bring in a few strikers........

I'll get my coat.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mind you was anyone else thinking WTF with how bright the lights are!? Made me blind trying to find my seat definitely lights the pitch up though...

The lights are superb on the pitch, but there is a lot of overspill into the stand and even though I'm quite high up its a bit dazzling, and if your glasses need cleaning its almost blinding. Still Ill put up with it. Who remembers the candles on poles at the BBG?

On 19/10/2016 at 14:15, Old Spalding Ram said:

From what I saw in the South Stand the heaters were of a "black heat" radiant tubes type that are not affected by the opening of the "fag" gates at half time.

Radiant heat works on the principle that the radiation doesn’t heat the air (it passes freely through it) and the distribution of heat takes place mainly via radiation, a bit like the sun. 

With convection heating, the heating element heats up the air, which flows upwards towards the ceiling and then comes back, round the outside burger van, and off towards Alvaston.

Radiant energy directly heats objects and walls, as well as people in the South Stand concourse. The radiant flow is partially reflected (approx. 15%) when it reaches objects and.............anyway the principle is if you can see the tubes you'll get the benefit.

Yeah, I know

1 hour ago, FindernRam said:

The lights are superb on the pitch, but there is a lot of overspill into the stand and even though I'm quite high up its a bit dazzling, and if your glasses need cleaning its almost blinding. Still Ill put up with it. Who remembers the candles on poles at the BBG?

I'm sure someone posted on here that they were going to adjust the lights because people had pointed out that they were getting dazzled - doesn't seem to have been done yet as I counted approx 20 on the roof of the West stand that were directly targeting the seating in the East stand (though by the time I'd counted them, I was almost blind). If anyone from the club reads this, get yourself to row E in the East Stand (but take your sunglasses and a peaked cap).....

3 hours ago, FindernRam said:

Just wear sunglasses -I do!

I wonder if we will ever have the seats replaced in the iPro. Not saying that they are bad because they could be alot worse. But I remember they installed some cushioned seats in the North West corner a few years ago and then took them out for some reason. I sat in them a few times and they were extremely comfy. 

Would be another good investments Mr Morris.

2 hours ago, RamsPolls said:

I wonder if we will ever have the seats replaced in the iPro. Not saying that they are bad because they could be alot worse. But I remember they installed some cushioned seats in the North West corner a few years ago and then took them out for some reason. I sat in them a few times and they were extremely comfy. 

Do you want bloody jam on it?

3 hours ago, RamsPolls said:

You sit down!! Half fan.

someone get B4 please.

Archived