The Wardrobe Watch

unclej

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And Martin isn't a hold up striker, he is a link player. I'd suggest Bent is far better in the air than Martin and has a higher standing jump. Martin's  more of a false 9 than out an out striker which is why he struggled under Clement, who tried to play him as a pure number 9 in the benzema mold.

5 hours ago, toddy said:

At least that rules out Martin then.

Maybe he is thinking along the lines of a Tammy Abraham? Or possibly Glenn Murray as he might be surplus to Brighton's prem squad?  Both are great workers, both we know score goals and both are versatile strikers.

Glenn Murray is two centimetres taller than Chris...

6 hours ago, TomInceOnFire said:

Glenn Murray is two centimetres taller than Chris...

Depends which site you believe because whenever I've seen Martin up close he doesn't look the tallest of guys. Some sources list him as 178 cm whereas Murray is 188cm. Think people just assume he is taller because he is stocky

Just now, David said:

Wiki has been down as 20 goals but I'm more inclined to believe who scored. Point still stands though, Abraham has scored 19 in his first ever championship season with games to go whereas Martin's highest ever scoring season in the championship is 22. I'm not knocking Martin but if people genuinely think that Martin is better than Abraham then they're  mistaken. I'm trying to highlight that Martin isn't the be all and end all. But he probably will be here next season. Just to note, there's no way Martin would get anywhere close to 19 in that Bristol city team. The people at Chelsea rate him very highly and he has a very bright future. 

13 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Wiki has been down as 20 goals but I'm more inclined to believe who scored. Point still stands though, Abraham has scored 19 in his first ever championship season with games to go whereas Martin's highest ever scoring season in the championship is 22. I'm not knocking Martin but if people genuinely think that Martin is better than Abraham then they're  mistaken. I'm trying to highlight that Martin isn't the be all and end all. But he probably will be here next season. Just to note, there's no way Martin would get anywhere close to 19 in that Bristol city team. The people at Chelsea rate him very highly and he has a very bright future. 

Not likely to sell him to us then are they? I understand there are some excellent strikers out there who won't be signing for Derby, how lucky is it then that we already have one (or two or three) of our own!

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Not likely to sell him to us then are they? I understand there are some excellent strikers out there who won't be signing for Derby, how lucky is it then that we already have one (or two or three) of our own!

They rated Bamford and Josh mceachran very highly too previously. Now, they rate loftus-cheeke and solanke but neither of them have had much of a chance these last few years. If we go up(I hope we do eventually in the next few years), someone like Abraham would be lethal in the prem with the amount of space. I'm getting a little carried away with myself but if Rowett made Clayton Donaldson look like a machine, imagine what he would be able to do with someone like Abraham ?, presuming Rowett is still here then!

On 5 April 2017 at 16:36, RoyMac5 said:

Wow! Really? Makes a change from Bentley's or whatever.

Yeah really Roy and it has to be one of the best looking cars on the road today. 4,200 Grand Tourisimo. He's probably changed it by now but a real kids dream. Has a kind 1960's but even better look. Reg when I saw it CHR 155Y 

PS .. You'll gather from the above that I want one :whistle:

PPS .. You couldn't fit a kitchen sink in it never mind a wardrobe 

16 hours ago, McLovin said:

They rated Bamford and Josh mceachran very highly too previously

Sold at 23 and 22

16 hours ago, McLovin said:

loftus-cheeke and solanke but neither of them have had much of a chance these last few years.

21 and 19 and still on the books at Chelsea

IF they decide to sell Abraham it won't be for a few years yet - Until they are convinced he won't break into the Chelsea team

It's a fantastic ambition to be targeting players like that but I don't think they're feasible as permanent signings right now

I don't think Martin will find the form he had for us again. 

However, I do think he'll get the best out of Vydra and we could see Vydra putting up those kind of numbers, so I'm entirely in favour of getting him back and not buying someone else. 

Archived