The Wardrobe Watch

unclej

34 minutes ago, Ninos said:

his playing time has seriously dwindled - to zero.

From 15th October to 24th January he played 90 minutes for all 14 of Fulhams games during this period.

28th January he signed a new contract at Derby

Since then he's played just 2 games of 90 minutes.

Pretty obvious why he has slipped down the pecking order but to say he's had zero game time isn't true, Fulhams last 10 games.....

Wolves - Not involved

Blackburn - 29 minutes played

Newcastle - Not involved

Leeds - 75 minutes played

Preston - 84 minutes played

Cardiff - not involved

Bristol City - 28 minutes played

Forest - not involved

Wigan - 57 minutes played

Birmingham - 90 minutes

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, toddy said:

he has been dropped for not been consistant on the pitch, not because lack of anything to do with wanting to come back here/injuries/being too fat/unfit etc.

7 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Not just that but as his attitude has improved or at least remained good (gleaning from Tony khan) his playing time has seriously dwindled - to zero. If he's singularly prolific relative to fulhams abilities as a team he'd be a starter. He isn't. He's not even coming into games they're not leading in. 

I would love to know where you guys are getting your insider info on Fulham from... Because it sounds like you both have an ear in the dressing room...

How do you know what reasons the manager has for picking a team? I think there's a fairly good chance that if you have someone on loan, and you're building for potentially being in a different league next season, maybe you prioritise playing the guys who will definitely be there next season?

On top of that - A goalscorer who scores with regularity even when they're not playing regularly is pretty good - Most strikers struggle to get goals if they're in and out of the team like Martin has been at Fulham - Why do you think players like Defoe have been so prized wherever he's been? A guy who played sporadically in most places but still managed to bang goals in

7 minutes ago, Simsy said:

He certainly causes some good debates on here!

If I was trying to be balanced I would say he is a good player and probably gets too much slack from some of us.

That's because though he's also the most overrated player for Derby I can ever think of. He has too much love at times which leads to us 'brave' (or idiots as some would argue) forum users to criticise him. :lol:

Chris Martin will never get the golden boot in this league he is not prolific enough so we need him and players around him to chip in to improve our GF tally.

different opinions eh guys!

I'll concede that when he is really trying - and I've seen it a hatful of times - hes actually good albeit still slow and soft. So he's capable (given the correct supporting cast and team style of play) of playing a key role. But he clearly puts so little effort in that he's often a passenger. All fans pick up on it - Scotland Fulham Derby - question is how much game time half heartedness can one team absorb from one player? 

Just a little bit of information for the on- going chat, whilst at Fulham nearly all their clean sheets (which they usually win) have come when Chris Martin has started, now maybe that is just luck or maybe they are holding the ball up field or he is defending the near post like he did here

4 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Just a little bit of information for the on- going chat, whilst at Fulham nearly all their clean sheets (which they usually win) have come when Chris Martin has started, now maybe that is just luck or maybe they are holding the ball up field or he is defending the near post like he did here

Shhhhhh don't talk about wider contribution when @Ninos is around - He doesn't like people being positive about Martin...

4 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Shhhhhh don't talk about wider contribution when @Ninos is around - He doesn't like people being positive about Martin...

I've always said he's good defending set pieces. I call it as I see it sorry to disappoint. 

1 minute ago, cheron85 said:

Can be viewed many ways but a fit and committed Chris Martin is a great asset to Derby county and I am looking forward to seeing Vydra playing off him ( and it should have been this season) and to those who who say his goal scoring has gone down  (as is for others) then I say for the last two seasons we have spent most of the matches when in possession just passing sideways and backwards- a different approach may well prove very interesting and what I saw in terms of the forest match GR seems to want the ball right down the part of the pitch you can score in.

I just wish Pickfords would just hurry up and pick him up.

not that I know which room he'd go in when he's back, or if the hinges are still a bit iffy but he's our wardrobe and we could do with the space. And someone has spent a flipping fortune of farrow and ball paint so I hope it goes with the decor. 

3 hours ago, David said:

From 15th October to 24th January he played 90 minutes for all 14 of Fulhams games during this period.

28th January he signed a new contract at Derby

Since then he's played just 2 games of 90 minutes.

Pretty obvious why he has slipped down the pecking order but to say he's had zero game time isn't true, Fulhams last 10 games.....

Wolves - Not involved

Blackburn - 29 minutes played

Newcastle - Not involved

Leeds - 75 minutes played

Preston - 84 minutes played

Cardiff - not involved

Bristol City - 28 minutes played

Forest - not involved

Wigan - 57 minutes played

Birmingham - 90 minutes

Sorry to enter the debate, but you appear to be airbrushing his "downtime" at the start of January (when he might not want to have got cup tied) up to the point he signed his new contract. I am afraid that period of time sours my feelings towards Chris Martin. He acted unprofessionally in my view. My son is a Fulham supporter and he assures me he has been pretty woeful since that "downtime". 

6 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Sorry to enter the debate, but you appear to be airbrushing his "downtime" at the start of January (when he might not want to have got cup tied) up to the point he signed his new contract. I am afraid that period of time sours my feelings towards Chris Martin. He acted unprofessionally in my view. My son is a Fulham supporter and he assures me he has been pretty woeful since that "downtime". 

Good spot, missed out one game Brighton on the 2nd, I've not included cup games as they play weakened sides anyway

IMG_1817.PNG

25 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Don't give a damn for his downtime, it was obviously done at the 'suggestion' of his parent club and to force Fulhams hand to give us back our player - imagine how we might have done with him scoring goals for us post Jan! Fook Fulham and your view he acted unprofessionally, he wanted to play for Derby and be paid more money!

35 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

If you found out the club (Derby) told him to do that, would it change your opinion? 

2 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

If you found out the club (Derby) told him to do that, would it change your opinion? 

Don't get me started.

At one stage the Martin thread was just me going mental at people not realising Martin isn't the first player to do this once we registered an interest.

Archived