The Wardrobe Watch

unclej

1 hour ago, TigerTedd said:

Picture the scene. Last game of the season, Fulham need a win to sneak into the play offs at the expense of a resurgent derby. Fulham awarded a penalty in the last minute for the win. Up steps martin. What does he do?

Most seem to have missed the point of this excellent moral conundrum. Of course we don't play Fulham in the final game, but the question comes into play in the unlikely event Derby or Fulham are both gunning for the playofffs.

43 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

Hopefully remain professional and do his best to bury it in the back of the net.

The rest is up to external influences.

Isn't it more professional to deliberately miss the penalty to allow the club you're contracted to to have a chance of promotion (and you with it)? You're letting your heart rule your head in a romantic view of the game that vanished long ago. I'd be appalled if Martin scored the pen than meant we missed out.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, hiltonram said:

Firstly i dont think the rams will be in the play offs.

Fulham may have said to martin they will give him 40k per week if they get promoted. But the way it has panned out and the charactor of their manager they would probably say clear off back to Derby to him even if they did get promoted.

Who knows £6 mil is a snip for someone as good as him. Hence why I said I hope they don't go up, could cause issues.

8 hours ago, barnsley ram said:

he doesnt have the pace of troy deeney and he isnt as good in the air im not running him down he is agreat finisher paul lambert  said he is the best finisher he has seen but you ask yourself why would norwich let him go on a free. l think we should sell him if we can and invest in a good pacey striker only my opinion of course but i dont see him as the saviour of derby county

Pacey striker like £8 million quid vydra?

Yeah,that worked out great?

29 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Care to edit it for vydra anyone??

Sorry I thought this topic was about Martin and the amount of goals he has scored.

You could take it one more step and list the number of league and cup goals he has scored every season for us.....

10 minutes ago, toddy said:

Sorry I thought this topic was about Martin and the amount of goals he has scored.

You could take it one more step and list the number of league and cup goals he has scored every season for us.....

Vydra....I count 2

I'll remember to send you an email asking  permission to mention other players in threads.  

I take it you don't want to know about vydras long term record then,I thought it was an interesting comparison on the back of another posters statement regarding Martin and his thoughts on replacing him......

3 minutes ago, toddy said:

I will do it for you then....

Season 13/14 - 25 goals

Season 14/15 - 21 goals

Season 15/16 - 15 goals

Season 16/17 - currently on 11 goals

There is a pattern here........

Don't forget the goals he scored before Derby, what are they?

2 minutes ago, toddy said:

Season 13/14 - 25 goals

Season 14/15 - 21 goals

Season 15/16 - 15 goals

So what if he score 5 or more goals for the rest of the season?

Goals per 90 minutes

13/14 - 0.5

14/15 - 0.6

15/16 - 0.3

16/17 - 0.5

I can see a player recapturing form from a bad season last year. I like twisting stats to suit an argument :)

12 minutes ago, toddy said:

Season 13/14 - 25 goals

Season 14/15 - 21 goals

Season 15/16 - 15 goals

Good research....Now humour me with your investigative skills and show me vydras stats over the same period....Is he in the ascendance?

5 minutes ago, rynny said:

So what if he score 5 or more goals for the rest of the season?

Goals per 90 minutes

13/14 - 0.5

14/15 - 0.6

15/16 - 0.3

16/17 - 0.5

I can see a player recapturing form from a bad season last year. I like twisting stats to suit an argument :)

And the season before that......and the season before that.......

Has not set this season alight at Fulham either and he is in a better attacking side?

He was a good goal scorer for us, he was.

4 minutes ago, toddy said:

Has not set this season alight at Fulham either and he is in a better attacking side?

So what if he scores 5 or more this season?

14 minutes ago, toddy said:

Is.

17 minutes ago, toddy said:

Well I suppose he has only scored 11 goals so far. That'd make him where in our goal scoring this season?

20 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Well I suppose he has only scored 11 goals so far. That'd make him where in our goal scoring this season?

Just below ince who has played almost every game for us this season.....Wonder what the goals V appearances ratio is

Toddy,I appreciate you are working hard trying find vydras goals for my previous question but how about working that one out too for ince,bent,vydra and martin

3 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Most seem to have missed the point of this excellent moral conundrum. Of course we don't play Fulham in the final game, but the question comes into play in the unlikely event Derby or Fulham are both gunning for the playofffs.

Isn't it more professional to deliberately miss the penalty to allow the club you're contracted to to have a chance of promotion (and you with it)? You're letting your heart rule your head in a romantic view of the game that vanished long ago. I'd be appalled if Martin scored the pen than meant we missed out.

I'd be appalled if he cheated and deliberately missed. I'd be delighted if he missed. Sorry, but I still have standards, as naive as you think that might be.

This wasn't Derby v Fulham. This scenario was Derby playing and Fulham playing. It's very different. Anyway, my stance remains the same. Be professional, do what you're being paid to do. Let the rest take care of itself.

5 hours ago, mrdave85 said:

Still wouldn't be eligible but fine; 

He'd hit the post, only he'd know if he missed on purpose, but deep down we'd all know... 'Cause Martin is a ram :lol:

Why not? Please, the hypothetical refers to the last day of the season, not The play offs, so why on earth wouldn't martin be in the squad for Fulham for that game??

1 hour ago, VulcanRam said:

I'd be appalled if he cheated and deliberately missed. I'd be delighted if he missed. Sorry, but I still have standards, as naive as you think that might be.

This wasn't Derby v Fulham. This scenario was Derby playing and Fulham playing. It's very different. Anyway, my stance remains the same. Be professional, do what you're being paid to do. Let the rest take care of itself.

Imagine if you will that we've somehow made it to the playoff final and are 1-0 up at Wembley in the 94th and final minute of the game, playing the dirty Leeds. Stupidly, our boys have all rushed forward and now Leeds are breaking. On the halfway line Chris Woods flicks the ball past Keogh and will have a clear run on the Derby goal. However, Keogh has the chance to block him and take him out, accepting he'll be red carded for it. I would be appalled if Keogh did not commit the foul and win us promotion. Many would call it cheating. Leeds fans would be outraged. But for me he'd be doing the right thing for his employer.

Archived