Steve Bruce and his brand of "survival" football? No thanks.

Mostyn6

13 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

Steve Bruce should stick to doing what he does best. Acting. He was excellent in Casualty. (Pictured).

p00tkxx0.jpg

Sorry. I just love that picture.

I actually really like steve bruce. I think he'd get us up in a couple of seasons. What's not to love about that nice fat geordie teddy bear??? Get him in!

he's fallen on hard times more recently

article-2426047-1BEB79FE000005DC-276_634

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, IlsonDerby said:

They do at the moment, they certainly didn't when Lambert was there. 

My colleague said "if you think the football is bad under Pearson then Lambert is the last person you want"

well, I choose to remember his colchester and his Norwich sides. Where he undoubtedly had decent players like he would if he was here

On 30/09/2016 at 17:56, McLovin said:

This is exactly the type of lack of ambition I'm talking about, how do you know we would lose 5-0 to Man City? Not as if we would be playing teams like Man City every week anyway. Have you got a crystal ball? With this current team probably yes but if we went up there would be lots of changes to enable us to compete. Say that to Leicester fans, I dare you. Boro fans are also  having the time of their lives now they're back in the prem, do you think they'd rather be back in the championship beating Rotherham 3-0? Absolutely not, they're going with the flow in the premier league and are loving the challenge of competing with the big boys. If we don't want promotion by any means then we might as well sell Hughes in January then because I guarantee he would rather play in the premier league than beating the likes of Rotherham.

You've missed my point entirely with your response about Man City.

As for this bit

"If we don't want promotion by any means then we might as well sell Hughes in January then because I guarantee he would rather play in the premier league than beating the likes of Rotherham."

Makes no sense. Hughes is a quality player used to ground passing within 20 yards and has great instinct and awareness. That's what I want. It's you wanting to go up by any means so it's you who shouldn't mind us selling Hughes. 

Hughes would financially be better off losing in the PL than beating Rotherham. We'd be worse off financially.  So its not the same for him as a fan. 

Like I said, being a whipping boy in the PL Is not fun. We've done it. 

We're not arguing about the league we'd rather be in. We're arguing about how we'd get there and what future we'd have. Being a Sunderland is not fun. 

7 hours ago, Alpha said:

You've missed my point entirely with your response about Man City.

As for this bit

"If we don't want promotion by any means then we might as well sell Hughes in January then because I guarantee he would rather play in the premier league than beating the likes of Rotherham."

Makes no sense. Hughes is a quality player used to ground passing within 20 yards and has great instinct and awareness. That's what I want. It's you wanting to go up by any means so it's you who shouldn't mind us selling Hughes. 

Hughes would financially be better off losing in the PL than beating Rotherham. We'd be worse off financially.  So its not the same for him as a fan. 

Like I said, being a whipping boy in the PL Is not fun. We've done it. 

We're not arguing about the league we'd rather be in. We're arguing about how we'd get there and what future we'd have. Being a Sunderland is not fun. 

Have a like. 

Archived