Only Connect (football version)

Bridgford Ram

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Mostyn6 said:

Won the WC more than Once - Argentina, Brazil, Germany, Italy

Finished 3rd in WC - Turkey, Portugal, Holland, Uruguay

Finished bottom of group stages in WC 2014 - England, Lithuania, Spain, Slovakia

First Opponent of England managers - Malta, Scotland, Slovenia, Ireland

I was trying to make the first England manager work starting from Malta  (Southgate ) and Slovakia  (allardyce).

I thought it might be the first opponents of the last 4 England managers but hodgson didn't fit  (wasn't his firstgame vs France? ). Whose first games were v Scotland and Ireland? 

4 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

I was trying to make the first England manager work starting from Malta  (Southgate ) and Slovakia  (allardyce).

I thought it might be the first opponents of the last 4 England managers but hodgson didn't fit  (wasn't his firstgame vs France? ). Whose first games were v Scotland and Ireland? 

Hodgson's was against Norway in a friendly.

5 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

Won the WC more than Once - Argentina, Brazil, Germany, Italy

Finished 3rd in WC - Turkey, Portugal, Holland, Uruguay

Finished bottom of group stages in WC 2014 - England, Lithuania, Spain, Slovakia

First Opponent of England managers - Malta, Scotland, Slovenia, Ireland

There is a World Cup winners group.  Nothing more than that (like double winners, host winners etc).

The other groups categories aren't close I am afraid.

I am going to give the 4 categories so you can get the answers, then we can call move on and pretend this didn't happen.

• World Cup Winners
  • Countries in England's current World Cup Qualifying group
  • International footballers with surnames that are nations
  • Countries that Graeme Souness has managed in

36 minutes ago, EastHertsRam said:

You sly old dog Bridgford, I'd never have got the surnames group, anyway, here's my guesses in that category, 

England, Scotland, Ireland and Brazil.

I might be sly, I might be old but I'm no dawg.

3 out of 4 there.  I considered Jason Scotland but didn't think he was an international and needed 'Scotland' elsewhere.

11 minutes ago, CWC1983 said:

Souness,

Scotland, Italy Turkey, Portugal

Surnames

Holland, Brazil, England, Ireland

World Cup winners

Argentina, Spain, Germany, Uraguay 

Current group,

Slovakia, Slovenia,Malta, Lithuania

Correct.

Sorry that all proved too difficult, you don't really know how tricky it is till someone tries it.

7 minutes ago, EastHertsRam said:

CWC is the man on this wall malarkey, it's a well done from leafy Hertfordshire. :thumbsup:

Did you see how many incorrect attempts I had......? 

Without the groups i would of still been guessing until Derby appointed and sacked their next manager (circa 2 weeks)

18 minutes ago, Bridgford Ram said:

Correct.

Sorry that all proved too difficult, you don't really know how tricky it is till someone tries it.

Dont say sorry, thats the idea of the wall, tricky enough to make the mind work overtime.

That was a good one. Ill try one myself soon. 

30 minutes ago, Bridgford Ram said:

Correct.

That was a great Wall as it had all sorts of permutations that gave plausible yet incorrect guesses.

Plausible apart from my and @Mostyn6''s pitifully contrived efforts to concoct a "first England manager opponents " group. 

You can't legislate for stupidity :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, HantsRam said:

That was a great Wall as it had all sorts of permutations that gave plausible yet incorrect guesses.

Plausible apart from my and @Mostyn6''s pitifully contrived efforts to concoct a "first England manager opponents " group. 

You can't legislate for stupidity :thumbsup:

Your stupidity is matched only by your courage to embarrass yersen. :D

Good game @Bridgford Ram

Archived