Good footballers can adapt

Day

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, mozza said:

Up and running now is it then ?  'er indoors must be well pleased ..

:)

Not even ordered the dishwasher yet ;) 

Fun fact, I used to make kitchens for caravans, easy. No hidden bs that you get with dodgy joiners

1 hour ago, mozza said:

sorry for the late reply, the old guy with the bucket.

the one I knew always used to sweep the same debris from one side of the room to the other,to look busy when the gaffer was about.

I wish I could tell you his name. I saw him a couple of times and he would treat me like a long lost son. Only I couldn't understand a word he was saying .... super thick Brummie accent. I used to smile and nod, and laugh in the pauses.

I reckon my Father-in-Law kept him on for 'total on-field winningness' as US Sports analysts would say.

On 9/23/2016 at 11:28, David said:

I've seen others post like this tbh although we do seem to be in the minority at the moment, my opinions don't matter anymore than others, 99% of the time my posts are all that, personal opinions, don't expect or want them to be held higher because I pay the bills for this place. 

Don't get me wrong in all this as well, I might come across as a "happy clapper", far from it, it's been hard watching the football now and I'm getting no enjoyment what so ever with what's been served up so far, especially when we've seen how good it can be with the majority of these players.

5hr round trip to watch what has mostly been utter ***** and there's no improvement in the hot dogs either, how the hell can you serve crunchy hot dogs?

Doesn't mean we have to treat our players like a bunch of numb nuts that know no different and we could be even better given half a chance.

No footballer can go his entire career playing the same role in the same formation under every manager. 

I guess I'm blessed with more patience than others and a desire to see stability, if that means taking a step backwards to go even further forwards I'm up for it.

Pearson may not be the right man, but I'm giving him more than 8 games to prove himself.

More power to you mate. You've done a good job and I'm sure folk appreciate having somewhere to post through good times and bad. My comment was tongue in cheek in any case, as I'm sure you gathered.

As for on the field exploits, I share your views. It's been a bitter pill so far this season and today's result will only compound the pressure. I'm going to simply grin and bear it as I think any kneejerk reaction from Rush and Morris would create more problems than it would solve. If we're still languishing in the relegation slots mid-season I'll re-evaluate, but I'd like to think we won't be.

11 hours ago, 86 points said:

If we're still languishing in the relegation slots mid-season I'll re-evaluate, but I'd like to think we won't be.

If we are, and Pearson has successfully demotivated the squad, then the re-evaluation will involve planning for League 1!

On 9/23/2016 at 08:44, David said:

Never truer words spoken and I could not agree more with Mr Butterfield. The adjustment period can be frustrating when you're paying good money to watch and travel in some cases, I feel it in my pocket as well, but this is great to hear from a player when I often read on this forum that 4-3-3 is the only way.

Good footballers can adapt, yes they do.

Well within 5 minutes of Hughes and Butterfield we playing CM together we conceded 2 goals with no cover in front of the defence. 

On 9/23/2016 at 08:44, David said:

Never truer words spoken and I could not agree more with Mr Butterfield. The adjustment period can be frustrating when you're paying good money to watch and travel in some cases, I feel it in my pocket as well, but this is great to hear from a player when I often read on this forum that 4-3-3 is the only way.

Good footballers can adapt, yes they do.

:D

Just now, David said:

The managers changed or have you missed the last few hours? :whistle:

Same players. We play 433 and suddenly the players look happy, the midfield are running the game, creating chances, Butterfield playing in a great ball for the penno. Defence looking better with a CDM holding position, full backs getting forward, Hughes and Butterfield making runs to play little through balls.

Yeah nothing has changed. 

Just now, sage said:

Same players. We play 433 and suddenly the players look happy, the midfield are running the game, creating chances, Butterfield playing in a great ball for the penno. Defence looking better with a CDM holding position, full backs getting forward, Hughes and Butterfield making runs to play little through balls.

Yeah nothing has changed. 

The manager has left which has been reported having a bust up with the players, yes nothing has changed has it other than the formation, if you want to believe that go for it! 

Just now, dcfcfan1 said:

Anyone who thinks 4-4-2 suits derby should quit watching football

I'll also add that anyone who thinks Derby can only play 4-3-3 should quit watching football. 

Easy to blame it all on formation although it's also missing one other change tonight, the manager. 

1 hour ago, David said:

I'll also add that anyone who thinks Derby can only play 4-3-3 should quit watching football. 

Easy to blame it all on formation although it's also missing one other change tonight, the manager. 

Whilst I agree that stating 433 is the only option for this squad is false. You must admit the way Pearson had his 442 (not just team shape but the tactical plan along with it) set up wasn't conducive to getting the most out of our squad. 

1 hour ago, David said:

This current squad can play 433, 442, 352, 361, 271, 145.... They can all play in any system provided by the manager. But, it doesn't take a genius to work out that the squad is best suited to 433.

Derby play best in a 433 due to the current squad available. If we had Tottenham's players, 4231 would be best. If we had Leicester's players, then 4411/442 would then be best.

Unfortunately, we appointed a manager so clueless that he purposely ignored the obvious and was so stubborn that he refused to adapt the squad, instead persisting the squad adapt to him.

It's not just the system though, it's also the style of football. Clement's 433 was much different to McClaren's 433.

Archived