What positive changes could improve things?

Chester40

1 hour ago, BathRam72 said:

I have a good few mates at work who support other championship clubs. A good few of them go to away games. Every one to a man has said "No wonder your team is not playing well, I have never been at a stadium where the home fans are so quiet and never get behind their team" there is no passion, whether you agree with what the manager is doing or not.

Get behind the lads before during and after and see what happens.

YOU MIGHT JUST BE SUPRISED!!!!!!!

Irrespective of geography I rarely go to the iPro. Once a year is my lot. Nice to catch up with a few old faces, but l find the whole stadium experience quite soulless, in fact negative and depressing. Would much rather go away to watch the mighty Rams.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think too many people get caught up in discussing the atmosphere, yes it's not great but that can't be an excuse for anyone(especially players) to hide behind...

For the positives, we just need to see more intensity from individuals, strong tackles, attempts on goal from outside of the box, anything that provokes an emotional reaction from people in the stands, it's all too passive at the minute.

2 hours ago, coneheadjohn said:

Put Rammie up front.

Might as well put Ramage up front, at least we'd all get a laugh judging by his efforts on SB5's night.

Seriously, goals and winning games is all that is needed to lift the mood. Fingers x'd Saturday is the day, spank Blackburn and Forest may as well give us the title :thumbsup:

5 hours ago, HantsRam said:

Invite the 3000 Liverpool fans to every game to start the singing. Thought they were great - all their songs seemed to be positive messages. No "we hate xxxxx" or "you're s*** and you know you are" type stuff.

Lessons on how to behave from Liverpool fans?  We have got issues.

I thought of something we could do last night.

I am sure no one can remember but I remember a game that I think was late eighties, could have been against Aston Villa and maybe even in the Simod Cup.  During a Villa (if it was them) attack someone in our crowd blew a whistle.  Our players stopped, theirs didn't and we conceded a goal.

Surely we can train our players to ignore the whistle from the crowd and get someone to blow it a couple of times in each games at tactically beneficial times.

On 9/21/2016 at 18:38, Chester40 said:

I'm bored of the 'how long should he get' threads and some of the negativity in general. Soooo what can the club and Nige do to improve things?..and this does NOT include sacking the manager. 

I'm thinking a free cuppa/pint for all fans still in the ground at full time to generate atmosphere....and Weimann getting an extended run in the team, Hughes to be released to roam forward with Bradley told to anchor the midfield.... I know the suggestions are all fraught with drawbacks,  but it's just a starter for 10!

Play 3 in midfield and pass the ball quickly on the floor?

I sadly fear very little will change on Saturday. But let's hope I'm totally wrong.

But banging in a couple of goals early on would bring confidence amoungst the players & the fans flooding back. You can discuss the why's & wearfores of all our problems of late till your blue in the face, but it's LEADERS, CONFIDENCE, MOMENTUM & GOALS!!!!!!!!!! we are lacking right now.

Archived