Derby County v Blackburn Rovers

DEL

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I was trying to be optimistic, but that teams news has dragged it all out of me...

I really cannot get my head around why Pearson is so stubborn and doesn't seem to learn from his mistakes, why on earth have we STILL not got Johnson in midfield to add a bit of bite and strength like he did against Liverpool?! Why the **** is butterfield still out of position on the wing? Why are we still persisting with the 442 that's got us nowhere! Why on earth is tom Ince still on the bloody bench, despite us scoring only 2 goals all season and him being our second highest scorer last season?! Why is weimann not starting after his excellent performance and Link up play with vydra last weekend! And worst of all why the flying **** do we have Darren 'offside' bent upfront despite the fact he's so clearly past it, sad as that may be! I thought Pearson was supposed to be bright and able to sort our problems, clearly he can't see his blindingly obvious mistakes that he keeps making so maybe I thought wrong, I can't get my head around it!

Its all of these baffling decisions that leads me to believe today's game will be pearsons last, and what a dreadful reign it's been. I hope I'm wrong and we put in a good performance and get the victory, but the team has the same issues imo to the last few weeks, and Pearson doesn't seem to want to admit he's wrong- I think we'll see more of the same dire football today and be lucky to get nil sadly...

5 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Well I was trying to be optimistic, but that teams news has dragged it all out of me...

I really cannot get my head around why Pearson is so stubborn and doesn't seem to learn from his mistakes, why on earth have we STILL not got Johnson in midfield to add a bit of bite and strength like he did against Liverpool?! Why the **** is butterfield still out of position on the wing? Why are we still persisting with the 442 that's got us nowhere! Why on earth is tom Ince still on the bloody bench, despite us scoring only 2 goals all season and him being our second highest scorer last season?! Why is weimann not starting after his excellent performance and Link up play with vydra last weekend! And worst of all why the flying **** do we have Darren 'offside' bent upfront despite the fact he's so clearly past it, sad as that may be! I thought Pearson was supposed to be bright and able to sort our problems, clearly he can't see his blindingly obvious mistakes that he keeps making so maybe I thought wrong!

Its all of these baffling decisions that leads me to believe today's game will be pearsons last, and what a dreadful reign it's been. I hope I'm wrong and we put in a good performance and get the victory, but the team has the same issues imo to the last few weeks, and Pearson doesn't seem to want to admit he's wrong- I think we'll see more of the same dire football today and be lucky to get nil sadly...

It's probably Mel making the decisions :ph34r:

Good decision to play Bent IMO. Get Anya forward, get Vydra running off Bent and use Bent as a target man. I've not seen much of Bent only what I've seen this season and from what I've seen he's quite lazy and languid.

If he ups his workrate and gets involved today I'm actually pretty confident he could help knit things altogether.

Interested to see if Samuelsen plays for them. Only a young lad but seen him a few times now and he's so elegant on the ball for a gangly fella and can take players on.

The biggest problem I see is Blackburn's midfield can press ours, whilst their defence drops deep. With how we are set up there is zero punishment for the opposition opening a gap between midfield and defence.

Our only hope will be pot shots from range and set pieces.

Pearson's tactical naivete is astounding. 

3 minutes ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Good decision to play Bent IMO. Get Anya forward, get Vydra running off Bent and use Bent as a target man. I've not seen much of Bent only what I've seen this season and from what I've seen he's quite lazy and languid.

If he ups his workrate and gets involved today I'm actually pretty confident he could help knit things altogether.

Interested to see if Samuelsen plays for them. Only a young lad but seen him a few times now and he's so elegant on the ball for a gangly fella and can take players on.

Bent couldn't knit a sock never mind our attacking play. He's a classic poacher. Not a link man or a target man.

1 minute ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

If come 5pm it transpires that Bent has had a stinker as predicted by many then I'll hold my hands up but lets just give him the benefit of the doubt just for one last time and wait and see what happens. I just think we need a presence up there for Anya to aim at.

Chris Martin?

3 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

Bent couldn't knit a sock never mind our attacking play. He's a classic poacher. Not a link man or a target man.

He was the only player on Tuesday night capable of heading and knocking down but I generally agree with you on his style of play. We just have no physicality whatsoever up top anymore.

2 minutes ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

He was the only player on Tuesday night capable of heading and knocking down but I generally agree with you on his style of play. We just have no physicality whatsoever up top anymore.

We don't necessarily need a physical presence up top (although it does help) but we do need somebody to link up play and that doesn't suit Vydra or Bent.

Archived