Just Eat Rebrand

Ramshankered

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, one_chop said:

I'm nigh on 25 stone and having this logo on my shirt has made me the butt of jokes queuing at the burger van outside the ground. I can't wait till a new sponsor comes along. Knowing my luck it will be Weight watchers. 

You could always try not eating so many burgers and you might be able to eliminate this issue before we get a new sponsor.

1 hour ago, Roger_Ramjet said:

4 pages of replies and does not one person get the irony of a sports club encouraging a facilitator of junk food?

Lets go back to the good old days of sponsorship by Benson & Hedges, Rothmans or John Player Special 

Only one thing worse and that is sponsorship by loan sharks who should be banned as vile opportunist exploiters of human misery and angst,  Still I suppose that suits Newcastle United 

It's okay because we swirl it all down with iPro after...

15 hours ago, Roger_Ramjet said:

4 pages of replies and does not one person get the irony of a sports club encouraging a facilitator of junk food?

Lets go back to the good old days of sponsorship by Benson & Hedges, Rothmans or John Player Special 

Only one thing worse and that is sponsorship by loan sharks who should be banned as vile opportunist exploiters of human misery and angst,  Still I suppose that suits Newcastle United 

I think anything goes now RR. I listen to talksport a lot and they advertise and promote gambling every 2 minutes, even having blokes from betting companies coming on and talking about odds. I bet quite a lot but i'd certainly class gambling addiction in the same bracket as alcohol, drug, tobacco in the sense of what it can do to decimate people's lives. If the latter are banned from being publicised and advertised then why not gambling?

I don't want to go down the route of banning everything but surely if alcohol and tobacco are banned then surely gambling promotion should be banned?

I know mafiabob has a thread somewhere on gambling addiction which I will get round to viewing at some point when I can take it in and very grateful to someone for highlighting the issue and posting their experiences. Very interesting as I am not addicted but certainly I have a problem with sports betting. Not games or slots and stuff. No interest in those - just sports.

Archived