Get behind the team and stop trying to prove who's right .

Curtains

Your take on the 13-14 season is bizarre. Faded towards the end?! In the last ten league games of that season we averaged 2.2 points per game. This is enough for in excess of 100 points over the course of a full season. In addition it was also achieved by playing the best football I have ever seen Derby play. I'm not sure what your agenda might be, but to say the results at the end of that season were poor is utter rubbish, in my humble opinion.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, curtains said:

To be honest m8 you are great poster but you are missing the point. 

The point is it's not as if Pearson took over a great and confident team. 

He took over a team that failed in the playoffs dramatically after being top of the league at Xmas with Clement and finished 6th with Wassall .

Now like Pearson or not he deserves to be allowed to manage the team that he was appointed to manage in the way he deems fit because he was brought in to sort the mess out. 

Now why McClaren and Clement were sacked is irrelevant to Pearson he's just the manager now. 

Agree with the sentiment re the manager Completely. 

What I think has surprised me is that we were in a mess and hence needed such radical surgery. 

I thought we were close in the playoffs. We had a mare at home  (I was there) but in Bruceys words we gave them a right going over at their place.

We finished the season with some good strong performances. A "winning draw" at Brighton for example. 

The thinking amongst us fans at the time was "if only we'd had pearson" because we thought he'd have sweated that extra 10% we needed to be successful. 

Now we've got him, we actually find that analysis was way wrong because pearson cannot work with the maclaren/clement players. So he's rebuilding. 

You're right he must be allowed to get us to where he thinks we're right. But I still worry on here as to where that place is. 

Anyway. You're spot on that we only support in the ground. I won't be there until Liverpool. But for sure no negative vibes toward the team or NP on that night!

COYR.

6 minutes ago, ITSD said:

Your take on the 13-14 season is bizarre. Faded towards the end?! In the last ten league games of that season we averaged 2.2 points per game. This is enough for in excess of 100 points over the course of a full season. In addition it was also achieved by playing the best football I have ever seen Derby play. I'm not sure what your agenda might be, but to say the results at the end of that season were poor is utter rubbish, in my humble opinion.

Lost to Boro . Lost to Ipswich. Lost to Millwall .Lost to Burnley.

Drew with Bolton and Leeds and Reading .

Most of all lost the Final to QPR 10 men  

Check it out. 

32 minutes ago, curtains said:

Lost to Boro . Lost to Ipswich. Lost to Millwall .Lost to Burnley.

Drew with Bolton and Leeds and Reading .

Most of all lost the Final to QPR 10 men  

Check it out. 

That season we were not expecting a promotion push. The loss to QPR was devastating but at the same time we weren't even expected to be there. What it did start was the shift from us being a mid table championship side to a top tier championship side. You regarding that as a failure is nothing short of bias against McClaren, sorry mate.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2381809/CHAMPIONSHIP-2013-14-PREVIEW-Harry-Redknapp-expected-win-QPR-promotion.html

Here are the odds of us going up in the 13/14 season. The fact we were the favourites to win the final vs QPR is an achievement in it's own right.

8 minutes ago, lrm14 said:

That season we were not expecting a promotion push. The loss to QPR was devastating but at the same time we weren't even expected to be there. What it did start was the shift from us being a mid table championship side to a top tier championship side. You regarding that as a failure is nothing short of bias against McClaren, sorry mate.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2381809/CHAMPIONSHIP-2013-14-PREVIEW-Harry-Redknapp-expected-win-QPR-promotion.html

Here are the odds of us going up in the 13/14 season. The fact we were the favourites to win the final vs QPR is an achievement in it's own right.

Great points. Easily forgotten with hindsight. But the excitement I felt going to Wembley that year beat anything I'd felt since 1994. I thank all at dcfc for that.

2 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Great points. Easily forgotten with hindsight. But the excitement I felt going to Wembley that year beat anything I'd felt since 1994. I thank all at dcfc for that.

You might be going to Wembley next year who knows. 

40 games left. 

8 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Yeah I think the fact we weren't expecting anything at all that season is what made Wembley that much sweeter. Was so much more hyped going into that game than I was for the WBA one because we played such good stuff too.

15 minutes ago, curtains said:

You might be going to Wembley next year who knows. 

40 games left. 

7 minutes ago, lrm14 said:

Yeah I think the fact we weren't expecting anything at all that season is what made Wembley that much sweeter. Was so much more hyped going into that game than I was for the WBA one because we played such good stuff too.

Here's hoping chaps. I started this season with higher hopes than 2013 but right now we're at the same level of expectation as we were then.

And nothing wrong with that! 

8 hours ago, curtains said:

It's not difficult to cheer and encourage rather than discourage and booooooooo

What you don't understand curtains, is that booing is an important part of the game because it let's the manager and players know they need to try harder.  They don't try otherwise. 

:ph34r:

What's funny is whole some of us were loving it the football, the plaudits, the away days and the bizarre belief that at 1-0 in the 85th minute we could WIN never mind draw! There were others on here moaning.

"Are we good enough for the PL?" , "who's good enough for the PL?"

Still the Rams marched on through teams praying for a draw.

"We've been sussed"

Still more points come in

"What happens if we get promotion"

This was the stuff some of these folks were saying. After the majority of 3 years inside the top 6. A good chunk inside the top 3?

After Wassall beat Hull 4-0. After everything there was a negative. 

Then we get this served up and they start moaning at you about being positive. We were being positive when we battered QPR but couldn't get the goal and we're stung on the counter. We were being positive when we only won a scrappy 1-0 at Hillsborough. When Birmingham celebrated a draw at the ipro like it secured them promotion.

It was all a better level of football and entertainment than this. It was an enthralling journey. But while we were enjoying it some of these people now couldn't stop moaning. 

"ergh if that had been a PL team we went down to then we wouldn't have come back. sob sob"

Wouldn't mind seeing a comeback or two now I'd bet. Wouldn't worry about "what if a PL.. " scenario then eh?

And now you ask others to shut up and stomach this without having a moan? To show faith? 

Riiiiiight

1 hour ago, Alpha said:

What's funny is whole some of us were loving it the football, the plaudits, the away days and the bizarre belief that at 1-0 in the 85th minute we could WIN never mind draw! There were others on here moaning.

"We've been sussed"

This was the stuff some of these folks were saying. After the majority of 3 years inside the top 6. A good chunk inside the top 3?

Then we get this served up and they start moaning at you about being positive. We were being positive when we battered QPR but couldn't get the goal and we're stung on the counter. We were being positive when we only won a scrappy 1-0 at Hillsborough. When Birmingham celebrated a draw at the ipro like it secured them promotion.

It was all a better level of football and entertainment than this. It was an enthralling journey. But while we were enjoying it some of these people now couldn't stop moaning. 

"ergh if that had been a PL team we went down to then we wouldn't have come back. sob sob"

Wouldn't mind seeing a comeback or two now I'd bet. Wouldn't worry about "what if a PL.. " scenario then eh?

And now you ask others to shut up and stomach this without having a moan? To show faith? 

Riiiiiight

You suggesting there's an element of hipocrisy in the OP and some corners of DCFC Fans? That people have bizarre opinions based on very little evidence? Surely not. Surely you can't be suggesting the very same people who said Wassall wasn't good enough after 23 minutes of being in charge could possibly be the same people suggesting that we all need to be patient while Pearson turns water into wine whilst playing some of the most dire and negative football we've been subjected to in years? Because that would be very damaging for the validity of this forum and I know how strongly you feel about that...

1 hour ago, Alpha said:

"We've been sussed"

Riiiiiight

We've been found out this season! There's no plan B! What's our plan B?!  ...as we sit a couple of points off top and leading goalscorers.

11 hours ago, curtains said:

It's not difficult to cheer and encourage rather than discourage and booooooooo

Just look at the Celtic fans v Rangers .. 

Immense...

They went there to support ... 

Flags, banners .. anything ... 

I'm sure we finished in 8th position in the Championship season 2014/2015 losing to Reading at home 0-3 and half the IPRO emptied before the final whistle. 

Don't think that's top 6 is it  

First Team | Sky Bet Championship 2014/15 | League Table

Overall

PosClubPldWDLGFGAGDPts

1A.F.C. Bournemouth462612898455390

2Watford462781191504189

3Norwich City4625111088484086

4Middlesbrough4625101168373185

5Brentford462391478591978

6Ipswich Town4622121272541878

7Wolverhampton Wanderers4622121270561478

8Derby County4621141185562977

9Blackburn Rovers461716136659767

10Birmingham City461615155464-1063

11Cardiff City461614165761-462

12Charlton Athletic461418145460-660

13Sheffield Wednesday461418144349-660

14Nottingham Forest461514177169259

15Leeds United461511205061-1156

16Huddersfield Town461316175875-1755

17Fulham461410226283-2152

18Bolton Wanderers461312215467-1351

19Reading461311224869-2150

20Brighton and Hove Albion461017194454-1047

21Rotherham United *461116194667-2146

22Millwall46914234276-3441

23Wigan Athletic46912253964-2539

24Blackpool46414283691-5526

* Rotherham United deducted 3 points.

Aaaaand as if on request one of the biggest critics of a top Championship team scoring plenty of goals in entertaining games pops up to tell us we should stop moaning. 

Moaning like he was for 3 years where we spent the majority of the time in the top 3 and top 6. 

I put up with your negative stuff when we drew 3-3 at St Andrews so you can hear ours now that we can't even dream of 3 shots on goal. 

I listened to you moan "we can't survive the PL"... no need to worry about that based on these opening games. 

I listened to you moan about a "plan b". Now you can listen to us moan that unless plan A is to actually hoof it into empty grass for blokes to run after then I can't see any plan.

Be optimistic he says. I was. When we were on the verge of promotion. When we were going through the Thorne "saga". When we were torn apart by injuries. When Clement got back to plan A and we went on a good run. When Wassall took charge. 

Not feeling optimistic based on the hoof and chase 422....1....1 system of Nigel Pearson. 

But you of course are. Not sure why. But you don't like us moaning when things are poor. Just when we're in party mode yeah? Scoring loads, end to end, teams coming for draws, scoring 4's and 5's. Then is the time to start moaning? 

"If Pearson or Dyche were here we'd have been promoted". How many times did I hear that? Now these blokes need time. But at the time of such a daft statement it was pretty much guaranteed that if we dropped Wassall for Pearson that promotion is nailed on. 

Archived