Get behind the team and stop trying to prove who's right .

Curtains

16 hours ago, curtains said:

Can you say I was one of those who turned on Wassall then after 80 minutes of his tenure I don't think so . 

Did I think he should of replaced Clement no of course I didn't. 

Did I want Pearson as Derby manager no I wanted Rowett.

Doesn't mean I will boo and moan all the time at the IPRO becaue that helps no one including manager and players although I can understand fans frustration 

I hope Pearson succeeds at Derby. 

I'm conscious that there are 7 pages of 'banter' following this post but as a reader of posts but limited contributor I feel compelled to interject. Curtains, I don't doubt your support for the club but I find your posts some of the most frustrating and incomprehensible in an ocean of nonsense. This is not a personal attack, I'm sure you're a splendid fellow but I struggle to follow any discernable thread or equality within your posts. Certain players and managers are afforded your hefty critique while others are provided with the keys to the pearly gates and lo strike down those who dare to question their divine right into your good books. 

Frustrating as I find this bipolar attitude to certain individuals, what I find most vexing is your complete avoidance of debate or evidence base for your opinions when challenged. It's a forum... there's a semi-unwritten rule that you have to engage beyond the 'because I said so' line of argument... (tee hee I said 'semi')

So many a scenario plays out thus:

Curtains: "xx player/manager doesn't have the ability/experience/haircut to succeed at Derby. They're not good enough."

Random unnamed poster: "That's an interesting perspective Curtains, can you go into more detail/provide evidence/suggest even one example that back up your argument?"

Curtains: "no it's just the truth/something I heard/Craig Ramage told me so in a dream I had about a completely unrelated YouTube video lol"

Or

Curtains: "xx manager is the right person for Derby in spite of performances/results/popular opinion to the contrary."

Random unnamed poster: "I'm not sure I agree with that Curtains, it seems to me that since xx manager has been involved we've seen a down turn in performances, results and all that we understand to be the 'Derby Way'"

Curtains: "Hush now my child your opinion/overwhelming body of evidence is irrelevant as they are the manager and therefore we should not challenge their authority"*

*except in circumstances where I wholeheartedly disapprove of their management and therefore criticism/debate are entirely valid. But seriously they're the manager, don't be so silly as to have an opinion that challenges they're management. P.s. unless I happen to think they're not up to it, then, and only then, are they fair game...

I would not for a minute decide to block your posts, I like having you around, like an old jumper that reminds you of the 1980s but I implore you to consider broadening your outlook on posts that you find challenging to your own opinion. You might find it rewarding and you might find that the forum shoots you down much less for engaging in debate...

lol

Keep the faith you big sausage

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, RodleyRam said:

I'm conscious that there are 7 pages of 'banter' following this post but as a reader of posts but limited contributor I feel compelled to interject. Curtains, I don't doubt your support for the club but I find your posts some of the most frustrating and incomprehensible in an ocean of nonsense. This is not a personal attack, I'm sure you're a splendid fellow but I struggle to follow any discernable thread or equality within your posts. Certain players and managers are afforded your hefty critique while others are provided with the keys to the pearly gates and lo strike down those who dare to question their divine right into your good books. 

Frustrating as I find this bipolar attitude to certain individuals, what I find most vexing is your complete avoidance of debate or evidence base for your opinions when challenged. It's a forum... there's a semi-unwritten rule that you have to engage beyond the 'because I said so' line of argument... (tee hee I said 'semi')

Curtains: "xx player/manager doesn't have the ability/experience/haircut to succeed at Derby. They're not good enough."

Random unnamed poster: "That's an interesting perspective Curtains, can you go into more detail/provide evidence/suggest even one example that back up your argument?"

Curtains: "no it's just the truth/something I heard/Craig Ramage told me so in a dream I had about a completely unrelated YouTube video lol"

Or

Curtains: "xx manager is the right person for Derby in spite of performances/results/popular opinion to the contrary."

Random unnamed poster: "I'm not sure I agree with that Curtains, it seems to me that since xx manager has been involved we've seen a down turn in performances, results and all that we understand to be the 'Derby Way'"

Curtains: "Hush now my child your opinion/overwhelming body of evidence is irrelevant as they are the manager and therefore we should not challenge their authority"*

*except in circumstances where I wholeheartedly disapprove of their management and therefore criticism/debate are entirely valid. But seriously they're the manager, don't be so silly as to have an opinion that challenges they're management. P.s. unless I happen to think they're not up to it, then, and only then, are they fair game...

I would not for a minute decide to block your posts, I like having you around, like an old jumper that reminds you of the 1980s but I implore you to consider broadening your outlook on posts that you find challenging to your own opinion. You might find it rewarding and you might find that the forum shoots you down much less for engaging in debate...

lol

On 13 September 2016 at 18:51, JaguarRam said:

A managers job is to get the best from the players at his disposal. I am not seeing that at the moment but I certainly hope that changes. 

I did like Wassall and I saw him as a bright manager who could have built on the success we had. He was tactically naive at times but he would have improved with experience. 

Wassell stepped up to plate when we needed him but was massacred. 

Nigel Pearson is an experienced manager who is not as yet got the best out of the players who we know can beat anyone in this division. He needs to improve that and we need to stop blaming the players and the fans who have a right to be critical with some of the tactics and displays this season. 

Can go with some of what you say but the line a managers job is to get the best out of the players at his disposal deosnt fit all situations , it fits with say a national manager or it fits with a cash strapped club manager but not for us or many other clubs , I'm willing to bet that nowhere in pearsons job discription is the idea of getting the best out of the players at his disposal , I am willing to bet that his job discription is to get us promoted and stay up whilst playing exciting football that gets the fans through the turnstiles and had been given a timeframe of sorts and the freedom to do it his way ? Now as such messing round trying to make the best of what he has at his disposal is the furthest from his mind ,, I'm sure he has a clear vision of what he wants and how he wants us to play and is implementing that and will find out what players we have who will embrace and be up to the job and who won't and who and what need buying in and selling out , now if he ( Pearson )is good enough for the job only time will tell but he is right to set his stall out and get right on it as fancying around will leave us between two stalls and be utter disaster ,, I'm sure both he and Mel are prepared for a drop in results and performances at the start ,probably expected it , ,, he has not been brought in to make the best of the players at his disposal he has been brought in to build a squad and a team that succeeds in getting up and staying up playing decent football with a route to the first team for youngsters being groomed in a vastly improved acadamy set up long term ,,,,,,,, we can argue all day long whether he is the right man and ultimately succeed but I think we really need to clear up what his job remit is

5 minutes ago, archied said:

Can go with some of what you say but the line a managers job is to get the best out of the players at his disposal deosnt fit all situations , it fits with say a national manager or it fits with a cash strapped club manager but not for us or many other clubs , I'm willing to bet that nowhere in pearsons job discription is the idea of getting the best out of the players at his disposal , I am willing to bet that his job discription is to get us promoted and stay up whilst playing exciting football that gets the fans through the turnstiles and had been given a timeframe of sorts and the freedom to do it his way ? Now as such messing round trying to make the best of what he has at his disposal is the furthest from his mind ,, I'm sure he has a clear vision of what he wants and how he wants us to play and is implementing that and will find out what players we have who will embrace and be up to the job and who won't and who and what need buying in and selling out , now if he ( Pearson )is good enough for the job only time will tell but he is right to set his stall out and get right on it as fancying around will leave us between two stalls and be utter disaster ,, I'm sure both he and Mel are prepared for a drop in results and performances at the start ,probably expected it , ,, he has not been brought in to make the best of the players at his disposal he has been brought in to build a squad and a team that succeeds in getting up and staying up playing decent football with a route to the first team for youngsters being groomed in a vastly improved acadamy set up long term ,,,,,,,, we can argue all day long whether he is the right man and ultimately succeed but I think we really need to clear up what his job remit is

I have read a couple of your threads recently and it is refreshing to find some one who makes a lot of sense and puts it across in a simple yet informed way. Some might not agree but that is what a forum is for. Well done you

Ps I didn't hate wass as some did but didn't feel he was right for the job ,,, but that said if he had been given the job permanently he should have been given the same remit and freedom to do it his way as Pearson has been given to give hi any chance of success , whether it was Pearson or wass or anybody else come to that they have to be given the freedom to do the job and ultimately that's where a clement or wass is at a bigger disadvantage as its a bit harder to for owners and fans to take that leap of faith without some kind of track record in the job

On 14 September 2016 at 01:21, RodleyRam said:

Or

lol

Good thing you said in your first paragraph "this is not a personal attack" it was beginning to look like a personal attack. 

Archived