Paul Clement speaks to Talksport, then HITC write an article about it

Curtains

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Yeah, best wait til January, when the windows open!

Nah, more just I don't think we're in a situation that Mac would succeed in right now.

I think McClaren is the type of coach who is great in some situations, but not when a lot of hard headed management is needed. Give it a season or so when we've got something of a team again.

23 hours ago, Mafiabob said:

We got nullified further when he went, we dropped 15 points behind come end of season I believe? 

I'd have sacked him for making Baird captain at the start of the season.

Seriously though  it was painful watching clement football - truly painful. No movement whatsoever nada. Sideways and backwards passing that NP is still trying to shake out the team. Throwing money away going to games is what it felt like. In that sense Wassall was fresh air UNTIL he started talking to Radio Derby about what he saw in the games. I think I broke 3 car radios.  Wassall even noted that the players weren't fit - a truly amazing revelation. Now come on Paul - no beep test ? Wot? 

im with Mel 100% - damn legend that man. Not his fault that his one hyped appointment lost the plot. Baird and Martin as captains? No youth infusion , negative football. For real?  Mel made the move and waited probably for Rodgers or Pearson. We got Pearson - some birth pains at first then the gravy train. Get on board. 

Should have been given the full season unless an oppurtunity for a clearly more suitable manager was going to take the reigns.

The wheels had appeared to fall off the cart after xmas,however Mels intervention in the dressing room,canceling the Dubai trip certainly had a detriment on things.

Lessons to be learnt by all concerned and i think we are further away from promotion now than in the last 3 years.Hopefully NP given a fair crack will put us back on track but this season a top six plaice will be in my eyes an achievement.

Archived