Let's Back Nigel Pearson!

Ninos

31 minutes ago, Robbie Ram said:

Buxton should have been kept, just like Chelsea kept Terry.

Both leaders of men who can truly inspire their team mates.

Most especially when the going gets tough.

As it stands, Derby just do not have that kind of driving force in the team come matchday.

What am I describing here?

Oh, yes. A real captain.  

Would you describe Matt Oakley a real captain season we went up? 

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reading this thread has made me realise "the Derby Way" has evolved.

It's really about the fans! If not dissing former players, it's comparing past to present Managers.

Think I'll pass but I'll be there Saturday giving Pearson and the players a chance to improve, patience and peace people, let's just get behind them.

14 minutes ago, Robbie Ram said:

Definitely.

Didn't NP later sign him too?

I just don't get the love in for Buxton. I really don't. 

He was tremendous for us no doubt..... 

Ask any Fulham fan about Chris Baird and they would say he was a leader of men....

4 minutes ago, Robbie Ram said:

Just not a Ram, alas.

You understand what I'm saying though? Bucko may not get the response he got from us at Wigan.....

45 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

You understand what I'm saying though? Bucko may not get the response he got from us at Wigan.....

Of course not.

No chance of that happening at all.

He a RAM.

He belongs to our tribe.

He isn't a Latic.

There he is just a mortal spear carrier.

With us, he is an immortal.

Like a working man's Dave Mackay.

5 hours ago, Alex W said:

I don't know where the comments on the defence improving come from. Glen Murray missed at least two sitters in the opening game as well as numerous other chances, we kept out the mighty Grimsby, Barnsley laughed at us, Carlisle scored, Preston we dealt with (if we can't keep Preston out we're in bother), Villa hit the bar twice then lost their one serious striker to injury and then we're on to Burton who scored one, could've had another then stopped attacking. 

So far, in at least two matches there in Brighton and Villa, the defence has gotten away with it entirely. Particularly in the case of Brighton who missed several easy chances. 

I've yet to see where the defence has been sorted at all. It has been tested several times already and been found lacking, it's no better than what it was. 

Indeed and if those teams had anything about them we would've been hammered. The amount of chance's we have given up is concerning to say the least, especially considering Pearson has essentially played a back six in his first 6 games.

I'd say the only decent defensive performance has actually been the Aston Villa match where they ddn't really have any big chances in the area (and even then Gestede had a free header  in the box).

Remember that unbeaten run we  went on at the start of the season several seasons ago where we were top of the league after 5 games unbeaten scraping 1-0's and 2-0s? We eventually got found out defensively and this run reminds me exactly of that. We keep giving up opportunities and teams will begin to take advantage of them (and they already have done). We're about as porous, giving away opportunities like we were in the later years of Cloughs reign, except Clough's team actually created chances and scored goals as well.

34 minutes ago, PodgeyRam said:

Indeed and if those teams had anything about them we would've been hammered. The amount of chance's we have given up is concerning to say the least, especially considering Pearson has essentially played a back six in his first 6 games.

I'd say the only decent defensive performance has actually been the Aston Villa match where they ddn't really have any big chances in the area (and even then Gestede had a free header  in the box).

Remember that unbeaten run we  went on at the start of the season several seasons ago where we were top of the league after 5 games unbeaten scraping 1-0's and 2-0s? We eventually got found out defensively and this run reminds me exactly of that. We keep giving up opportunities and teams will begin to take advantage of them (and they already have done). We're about as porous, giving away opportunities like we were in the later years of Cloughs reign, except Clough's team actually created chances and scored goals as well.

That defensive performance at home to Aston villa needs to be put in perspective, Aston villa have still not won away from home since the opening day of the 2015/2016 season - they were there for the taking and we utterly stood of them especially in the first half.

8 hours ago, ITSD said:

Should he be allowed more time though? I'd argue that as an experienced manager, Pearson deserves less time than people new to the job (Clement, Wassall).

You've also just produced the argument I predicted in my original post. In any job you can have a good CV but be rubbish at actually doing the job.

Only my view but personally my leanings and instincts would be to give him more time than a total novice or relative novice because I know he can do the job because he s proven it before deosnt garuantee he will get it right but for me it buys him a bit more time ,,, the cv point ,, well we have seen him in the past doing the job of football manager and building a team and he was far far from being rubbish at actually doing the job ,, if you take your theory / point to its conclusion then Mel Morris can pick any name out of a hat and have the same chances of sucess or failure no matter who he gets regardless of experience and track record ,,, it's an interesting method of choosing a football manager but I reckon there's a reason that the vast majority of clubs don't use that method and can't see it catching on anytime soon I'm not trying to be rude but it's a given that choosing the manager with the best track record available to you increases your chances of sucess though there can never be any garuantee 

On 9/6/2016 at 08:18, Ninos said:

"The modern game is about pace"

Granted, the first few games have not gone well in terms of performances and results, but Pearson is doing a fantastic job so far: his transfers have been spot on and it's hard to see how Vydra Wilson and Anya won't excite with pace and pedigree. The two Watford players especially have delivered at key moments and that's what we need. We've gotten faster and better on paper, but the proof is out on the pitch.

Pearson says that his focus wasn't only to increase pace and attacking options but to "freshen up the dressing room" with players that have a bright future and that will work exceptionally hard for the themselves and the team. He's changing the team and its mentality for the better 

Pearson oozes class, he's got the right ideas, the right pedigree and he's surely the closest thing we've seen since Brian Clough in his management style. Let's get behind Pearson and his new look Rams team, defeat Newcastle and start climbing the league! 

Its on like donkey kong! Bring on the toon.

In my efforts to be positive in all areas of the forum other than one thread I will only respond to the bits above that I agree with:

Vydra, Wilson and Anya are footballers who play for Derby 

I really hope we beat Newcastle

On a separate note have you been drunk for the last week Ninos celebrating Martin leaving?

17 minutes ago, archied said:

Only my view but personally my leanings and instincts would be to give him more time than a total novice or relative novice because I know he can do the job because he s proven it before deosnt garuantee he will get it right but for me it buys him a bit more time ,,, the cv point ,, well we have seen him in the past doing the job of football manager and building a team and he was far far from being rubbish at actually doing the job ,, if you take your theory / point to its conclusion then Mel Morris can pick any name out of a hat and have the same chances of sucess or failure no matter who he gets regardless of experience and track record ,,, it's an interesting method of choosing a football manager but I reckon there's a reason that the vast majority of clubs don't use that method and can't see it catching on anytime soon I'm not trying to be rude but it's a given that choosing the manager with the best track record available to you increases your chances of sucess though there can never be any garuantee 

Personally I'd say it's about getting a manager who fits rather than going for the best track record. 

As we're seeing with Pearson, he probably has the best track record but is having you change huge aspects of this squad in order to be successful with it. 

If we went with somebody who likes his team's to control possession, press high and pass it out from the back I think we'd have a lot more points on the board.

As it happens, we didn't and thus we are having to alter the squad.

I really would like to know how soon his (pearsons) position should be under threat ? I keep hearing people banging on that the positive amongst us are somehow misguided in being prepared to give him time , I would really like to hear how little time the people who don't particularly have faith in him think he should be given? Let's hear it ? How soon should we be thinking he is not up to the job and considering bringing wassell back?

Archived