Everything going on

hintonsboots

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

Nige said in his post match interview that the first half performance was influenced by " Everything going on " ...... any ideas ? Maybe players going out /in .

.... at the Olympics'. Our boys love GB and still hung over from the tiddlywinks and shove ha'penny last night. Cut the tension? You almost could!

When you surrender territory like we did in that half and then you're soon going to have even more going on. 

Whatever the situation there's other clubs that have it worse. They've all (coaches too) been given the money, the pitch, the experience to play on the front foot when at home to Aston Villa. 

Oh they have no right to expect to win. But that should be the target. And it didn't bloody look like it for half the match.

It was Hull in the semi final 1st leg again. Did we learn nothing from that tie

Saw the 'Not Convinced by Pearson' thread, exclusively for those not convinced so that anyone critical of those criticising them is sent on their way.

We, or should I say Mel Morris, appoint the man most fans want & now we have detractors, some of them can't even get their facts right. Pearson saved Southampton from the drop, they went down the next season after getting rid of him. It took three seasons for him to get Leicester promoted. Well, it's taken three seasons since NC's sacking & we're no nearer the PL.

What I find amazing is how Sam Rush is still at the club. Which idiot signed Johnson & Butterfield, £10m of 'talent' who spent 55 mins on the pitch against Barnsley? It wasn't Pearson. Two players who struggled to fit into the much vaunted 4-3-3 so that we ended the season relying on the old guard.Who appointed Paul Clement with a wonderful photo in the Spanish sun?

In other words, Sam Rush should start taking some of the blame. He ripped up the blue-print. He was nearly vindicated, but it failed. If you're going to change something make sure it is going to work.

I feel sorry for Nigel Pearson, he is castigated for his style of play & outbursts yet was right royally dumped on by Leicester & judging by his interview on the BBC Football Focus, is still hurting from it. I think he might have been better suited at Aston Villa where he could rip up things & start again. At Derby, he is dealing with a lot of NIMBYS/30,000 back-seat drivers who don't want any change & are resistant. He must sometimes feel he is dealing with a Women's Institute instead of a football club.

1 minute ago, TonyPulisOUT said:

Saw the 'Not Convinced by Pearson' thread, exclusively for those not convinced so that anyone critical of those criticising them is sent on their way.

We, or should I say Mel Morris, appoint the man most fans want & now we have detractors, some of them can't even get their facts right. Pearson saved Southampton from the drop, they went down the next season after getting rid of him. It took three seasons for him to get Leicester promoted. Well, it's taken three seasons since NC's sacking & we're no nearer the PL.

What I find amazing is how Sam Rush is still at the club. Which idiot signed Johnson & Butterfield, £10m of 'talent' who spent 55 mins on the pitch against Barnsley? It wasn't Pearson. Two players who struggled to fit into the much vaunted 4-3-3 so that we ended the season relying on the old guard.Who appointed Paul Clement with a wonderful photo in the Spanish sun?

In other words, Sam Rush should start taking some of the blame. He ripped up the blue-print. He was nearly vindicated, but it failed. If you're change something make sure it is going to work.

I feel sorry for Nigel Pearson, he is castigated for his style of play & outbursts yet was right royally dumped on by Leicester & judging by his interview on the BBC Football Focus, is still hurting from it. I think he might have been better suited at Aston Villa where he could rip up things & start again. At Derby, he is dealing with a lot of NIMBYS/30,000 back-seat drivers who don't want any change & are resistant. He must sometimes feel he is dealing with a Women's Institute instead of a football club.

Sam Rush isn't in charge of transfers.

3 minutes ago, TonyPulisOUT said:

In other words, Sam Rush should start taking some of the blame. He ripped up the blue-print. He was nearly vindicated, but it failed. If you're change something make sure it is going to work.

But we make smashing jams and chutneys

In all seriousness, I think the Mel and Rush show is probably on a back burner these days. I seem to remember they said something along the lines of "review everything over the summer" which I'm reading as Mel and Sam realising they were being perhaps a bit nieve in thinking that 13/14 was a typical season and they had all the answers and it'd just be "a rising tide of performance".

So there's probably a) let the football staff deal with the media b) accept Mel doesn't know best all the time c) keep the bits of "the Derby way" that were sensible and working (I seem to remember an interview after Pearson was appointed when they said a lot of what they liked about Pearson was a lot of what they wanted were what Pearson thought was the right way to do things) d) Sam is still arranging all sorts of "commercial partners" and so on.

Has to be said, recruitment the last few seasons hasn't worked particularly cleverly (buy other championship club's POTY)

4 hours ago, hintonsboots said:

Nige said in his post match interview that the first half performance was influenced by " Everything going on " ...... any ideas ? Maybe players going out /in .

Probably a bit unsettled squad at the moment, yeah.

Hendrick, Johnson, perhaps Martin wanting out (allegedly) a few others wondering if they have a future here perhaps?

3 hours ago, Alpha said:

When you surrender territory like we did in that half and then you're soon going to have even more going on. 

Whatever the situation there's other clubs that have it worse. They've all (coaches too) been given the money, the pitch, the experience to play on the front foot when at home to Aston Villa. 

Oh they have no right to expect to win. But that should be the target. And it didn't bloody look like it for half the match.

It was Hull in the semi final 1st leg again. Did we learn nothing from that tie

So, is it the manager, or the team?

1 hour ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Probably a bit unsettled squad at the moment, yeah.

Hendrick, Johnson, perhaps Martin wanting out (allegedly) a few others wondering if they have a future here perhaps?

I reckon so @RadioactiveWaste, He's making them play for their place, there are no guaranteed automatic places in this side anymore. It's time to man up or **** off. 

This is what we've needed for a few seasons now, but none of the "Head Coaches" have had the stomach for it, welcome Nigel and keep it up. 

PistoldPete2

Hendrick and martin the subject of big bids, fozzy just had a kid. A new  manager and back room staff, but hardly anything that most teams didn't have to deal with including Villa. 

Pearson was very uncomfortable in that interview with "Clem" on Football Focus.

He just about kept his cool but you could tell he did not like being questioned about Leicester and Villa.

Pearson will do well not to lose the plot like he did a few times 2 seasons ago (ostrich jibe), (strangling MacArthur) and (Pat Murphy interview) not to mention his son's Oriental antics.

15 hours ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

I reckon so @RadioactiveWaste, He's making them play for their place, there are no guaranteed automatic places in this side anymore. It's time to man up or **** off. 

This is what we've needed for a few seasons now, but none of the "Head Coaches" have had the stomach for it, welcome Nigel and keep it up. 

I suspect player power was boosted during the Wassell era, and now a few people have landed with a bump.

We are hardly into the season .... still a massively long way to go.

13 minutes ago, Grantona said:

Pearson was very uncomfortable in that interview with "Clem" on Football Focus.

He just about kept his cool but you could tell he did not like being questioned about Leicester and Villa.

Pearson will do well not to lose the plot like he did a few times 2 seasons ago (ostrich jibe), (strangling MacArthur) and (Pat Murphy interview) not to mention his son's Oriental antics.

He's the manager of DERBY COUNTY, I'd have been quite happy for his to have said you know what, I'm delighted for all my former players but I couldn't give a toss about that club now, no more than Villa who didn't want me.

I'm the manager of Derby and gaining success with them is my sole fooking interest!!!

16 hours ago, TonyPulisOUT said:

Don't mess with the WI, or you'll wake up under a filo pastry lid.

20 hours ago, TonyPulisOUT said:

At Derby, he is dealing with a lot of NIMBYS/30,000 back-seat drivers who don't want any change & are resistant. He must sometimes feel he is dealing with a Women's Institute instead of a football club.

Ey up lads. Are we gonna do one of them calendars?  You know, with Sam naked, draped artfully over the advertising hoardings with a strategically placed corner flag.......

1 hour ago, HantsRam said:

Ey up lads. Are we gonna do one of them calendars?  You know, with Sam naked, draped artfully over the advertising hoardings with a strategically placed corner flag.......Mr. January

Mr. February - John Vickers topless sending a tweet about forest being ****

Mr. March - Mel with a modesty concealing statue of Steve Bloomer

Mr. April - Pearson with speedos and a Derby Ram over each nipple

Mr. May - Idiakez nude but tastefully shot

Mr. June - Bucko's Bro with a shirt with Buxton clearly visible

Mr. July - Powell with a towel

Mr. August - Wassall lying across a row of pride park seats

Mr. September - Delap with a ball for modesty

Mr. October - Zuberbuller cheeky behind to goal post

Mr. November - Rammie with just the Rammie head

Mr. December - Colin Gibson full ****** frontal.

Archived