Everything going on

hintonsboots

22 hours ago, TonyPulisOUT said:

Saw the 'Not Convinced by Pearson' thread, exclusively for those not convinced so that anyone critical of those criticising them is sent on their way.

We, or should I say Mel Morris, appoint the man most fans want & now we have detractors, some of them can't even get their facts right. Pearson saved Southampton from the drop, they went down the next season after getting rid of him. It took three seasons for him to get Leicester promoted. Well, it's taken three seasons since NC's sacking & we're no nearer the PL.

What I find amazing is how Sam Rush is still at the club. Which idiot signed Johnson & Butterfield, £10m of 'talent' who spent 55 mins on the pitch against Barnsley? It wasn't Pearson. Two players who struggled to fit into the much vaunted 4-3-3 so that we ended the season relying on the old guard.Who appointed Paul Clement with a wonderful photo in the Spanish sun?

In other words, Sam Rush should start taking some of the blame. He ripped up the blue-print. He was nearly vindicated, but it failed. If you're going to change something make sure it is going to work.

I feel sorry for Nigel Pearson, he is castigated for his style of play & outbursts yet was right royally dumped on by Leicester & judging by his interview on the BBC Football Focus, is still hurting from it. I think he might have been better suited at Aston Villa where he could rip up things & start again. At Derby, he is dealing with a lot of NIMBYS/30,000 back-seat drivers who don't want any change & are resistant. He must sometimes feel he is dealing with a Women's Institute instead of a football club.

The main criticism of Sam Rush is that he sacked Nigel Clough and raised the expectations of the club so high that it brought a load of ********* on board that all of a sudden wanted to watch a team that won 5-0 every week.

He is certainly not beyond criticism for managerial appointments but I doubt very highly that he had much to do with the Clement appointment.

Beyond that, if you think he is lucky to still be in a job, you should be working in a circus. 

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

The main criticism of Sam Rush is that he sacked Nigel Clough and raised the expectations of the club so high that it brought a load of ********* on board that all of a sudden wanted to watch a team that won 5-0 every week.

He is certainly not beyond criticism for managerial appointments but I doubt very highly that he had much to do with the Clement appointment.

Beyond that, if you think he is lucky to still be in a job, you should be working in a circus. 

Sam Rush is a failure in so many ways, unless he succeeds soon, then he's great!

16 minutes ago, Rampage said:

We have scored the lowest number of goals in the Championship so far. No team has conceded less goals than the Rams.

I would rather it was the other way around. As much as everyone is hell bent on getting promotion no matter what, these past three years have been our best in recent memory. Promotion or not, I would rather have my team playing entertaining football. I seem to remember Billy Davies going up with a great defence and an average attack. Following Bournemouth or Watfords suit would be a much better way to go.

Archived