Fernando Forestieri

DcFc Dyycheee

26 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Why? A release clause may one stipulate that the player is given the permission to speak to another club if a certain bid is made, wasn't that the whole argument with Liverpool/Suarez?

We don't know which proves my point and if this was the case then it is still in breach of his contracted terms.

People are quick to criticise players for not honouring their contracts but it works both ways, I think agents make these situations messier than they should be.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Seth's left foot said:

We don't know which proves my point and if this was the case then it is still in breach of his contracted terms.

People are quick to criticise players for not honouring their contracts but it works both ways, I think agents make these situations messier than they should be.

Can never understand why you would let a player have a release clause based on the size of the bid. 

Can understand based on a bid from a team in a higher league,  a better competition or a different country, but on the size of the bid? I would already be seriously questioning the motives of the player.

PistoldPete2
2 hours ago, Penelope Pendrex said:

Getting paid millions of pounds a year to kick a ball is a bit different to being an underpaid policeman.

Also, he's signed a contract to play for X years for X amount.

There's countless other reasons. His behaviour is unjustifiable.

Yes it's very different. A policeman can quit his job if he's not happy in his job. A footballer who is under contract cannot. So he's forced to work when he's not happy. I don't really see that forcing someone to stay in their job when they don't want to is something that any employer should do. 

Carson

christie. Keogh shackell Forsyth 

Thorne

Hughes Bryson 

Russell  Martin forestieri 

oh how I long for the effort and attacking ability and potentially we could even field them but I fear we never will 

Footballers are self employed contractors, not PAYE Employees like a police officer. A footballer agrees a service contract with an employer to provide a service for a period of time.  If they do not deliver they breech the contract and the club is entitled to compensation from the footballer. 

There are only 2 issues with FF, firstly he has broken his contract with Sheffield and they should be compensated, secondly he has broken his contract and he should not be trusted to honour future contracts.

39 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Yes it's very different. A policeman can quit his job if he's not happy in his job. A footballer who is under contract cannot. So he's forced to work when he's not happy. I don't really see that forcing someone to stay in their job when they don't want to is something that any employer should do. 

I agree and if they are unwilling to complete a contract they have signed they should be made to pay every penny of it back and be compensated at minimum wage rate for the part of the contract they did honour.

4 minutes ago, GeoffDerby said:

Footballers are self employed contractors, not PAYE Employees like a police officer. A footballer agrees a service contract with an employer to provide a service for a period of time.  If they do not deliver they breech the contract and the club is entitled to compensation from the footballer. 

There are only 2 issues with FF, firstly he has broken his contract with Sheffield and they should be compensated, secondly he has broken his contract and he should not be trusted to honour future contracts.

Pretty sure you are factually incorrect here and they are paid as employees.

If they were self employed they could negotiate contracts with several clubs!

8 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Pretty sure you are factually incorrect here and they are paid as employees.

If they were self employed they could negotiate contracts with several clubs!

I think you're right @G STAR RAM I remember having a look at a mate's monthly payslip when he played for Derby not that long ago and apart from thinking I was looking an my annual payslip, it had the tax, NI etc deducted, which you wouldn't get as a contractor. He was indeed an employee. And a pretty wealthy one to boot! 

28 minutes ago, GeoffDerby said:

Footballers are self employed contractors, not PAYE Employees like a police officer. A footballer agrees a service contract with an employer to provide a service for a period of time.  

Think this is an erroneous statement am sure footballers get taxed at source like any other normal employee of a company

PistoldPete2
24 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I agree and if they are unwilling to complete a contract they have signed they should be made to pay every penny of it back and be compensated at minimum wage rate for the part of the contract they did honour.

Well even if it is a breach of contract ( which we can't possibly say without seeing the contract) isn't it something that the club is already being compensated for  because of the transfer fee?

The club isn't exactly making a loss if they sell him for £7 million which is much more than they paid for him. They can't sue for damages if they haven't suffered any damage. 

if a players head isn't right I think he's being honest in telling the manager that rather than going through the motions like some of our players seem to be doing at the moment. 

Archived