Live Game Thread 16/17

SaintRam

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wenger should step down IMO, players just don't appear to be playing for him, much like the back end of Mac 1. Poor signings have cost Arsenal again, a lot of work needs to be done and wenger ain't the man to do it. Players have been a disgrace to him mind, but for the good of everyone there including himself wenger needs to go 

2 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Wenger should step down IMO, players just don't appear to be playing for him, much like the back end of Mac 1. Poor signings have cost Arsenal again, a lot of work needs to be done and wenger ain't the man to do it. Players have been a disgrace to him mind, but for the good of everyone there including himself wenger needs to go 

I disagree.....four more years! four more years! four more years!

14 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Huge win for Palace. Straight fight between Hull and Swansea for that last relegation spot now. 

Hopefully Hull pick up few points now then Swansea will go down. ?

If they get any lower then Theo Walcott will find his level.

For any team serious about winning major trophies then Theo Walcott should not be in your team. Makes me laugh when he threatens to leave if he doesn't get a better contract/a chance to play up front.

Where you going to go Theo? Southampton's bench mate. 

Looking forward to watching Juve, Barca, Bayern and Madrid in action. The best four teams in Europe.

I can see Juve knocking Barca out. Barca just look out of sorts when they play away from home, with recent defeats to Malaga, Deportivo and the thrashing at PSG.

They look a much better team these days when they play three at the back, allowing them to control the midfield more as this is what has hurt them as Busquets and Iniesta have been off form on the road.

I can see Juve winning 2-0. They're very solid in defence, and they have the players to counter.

Bayern v Madrid is harder to call. I'll go for 2-1 Bayern, with it all to play in the 2nd leg.

Juve vs Barca going pretty much as expected.

Barca's rythmn is terrible. They play so slowly and rarely play the ball forward quickly. Messi, Suarez and Neymar are the best front three in the world, but they can't do anything when there are at least eight players between them and the goal.

Barca need to make space for them, and they'll never do that by passing sideways at snails pace.

I can't wait until Luis Enrique leaves. He's gradually killed Barca's intensity.

Just now, Bris Vegas said:

Juve vs Barca going pretty much as expected.

Barca's rythmn is terrible. They play so slowly and rarely play the ball forward quickly. Messi, Suarez and Neymar are the best front three in the world, but they can't do anything when there are at least eight players between them and the goal.

Barca need to make space for them, and they'll never do that by passing sideways at snails pace.

I can't wait until Luis Enrique leaves. He's gradually killed Barca's intensity.

Schoolboy defending. Even from Mascherano.

Busquets is so important to Barca. Mascherano has been slow to get back into position. Khedira has been immense in the midfield in terms of his all round play. Always felt he has been in the top 10 midfielders in the midfield for the last 5 years or so. 

1 hour ago, McLovin said:

In the summer Barca need a top class right back and a top class midfielder. Aurier and verrati would be perfect for this Barca team. Sell the likes of Arda and try and get as much as possible for Andre Gomes and alcacer.

Cyrus Christie and Jamie Hanson double swoop from the Spanish giants?

Find it very hard to imagine Barca overturning this as they did against PSG. Juve's defense is on a different level to PSGs. On a different level to everyone really

Watching Barcelona last night was like watching Derby County this season, as far as style is concerned. Slow, ponderous and predictable.

Archived