Missed Opportunities?

sage

We haven't signed anyone this summer which I can half understand but over the last few days 3 players look to be moving to our Championship rivals who all would have made a real positive impact on our team. McCormack, Clark and Pritchard look to be moving to Villa. Newcastle and Brighton respectively. Three players I would love to have been at the iPro this season.

Has there been any other summer signings that Championship sides have made that you wish had come instead?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, sage said:

We haven't signed anyone this summer which I can half understand but over the last few days 3 players look to be moving to our Championship rivals who all would have made a real positive impact on our team. McCormack, Clark and Pritchard look to be moving to Villa. Newcastle and Brighton respectively. Three players I would love to have been at the iPro this season.

Has there been any other summer signings that Championship sides have made that you wish had come instead?

Bucko

Would have liked Matt Ritchie, would have made a lot of sense. Saying that I don't really see it as a missed opportunity as I couldn't see him turning Newcastle down to come here.

McCormack really doesn't bother me in the slightest, not for the money he's going for which is nuts. 

Can't really think of anyone to be honest. Pritchard would be decent and at reasonable money in this barmy transfer market that he could increase in value.

i wouldn't touch McCormack as he doesn't have potential sell on value.

clark a decent player but not sure he improves us too much if at all

Wouldn't have minded O'Dowda for the money Bristol paid. Good, young tricky winger who like's to get a shot on goal. Another player we missed out on who barely ever get's mentioned, Tom Bradshaw.

Think we waiting to get in a Prem loan or two.

@sage! Are they actually any better than what we've already got ? For arguments sake say our favoured formation is going to be 4 4 1 1 . Keogh kept clark out if the Ireland team , Pritchard is not a better player than Ince plus Ince has bags more experience at this level , McCormack? Yeah maybe but not that much better and at 30 and potentially  £14 million I'm happy enough on missing out on him . As David said earlier in the thread Matt Ritchie is someone I would have liked to have seen here but I bet Newcastle are paying him ludicrous wages . 

I suppose It must be a bit because I am a half fan but I spend little time looking at the oposition. In recent times Very few players opposition players seem to have stood out head and shoulders. Dunk for sure, yeah Prichard, liked Greys Pace. Feeney was a real centre forward, loved Bamfords ability to run and beat a man and shoot but the bottom line is, in this league I am struggling to see a dream player that is significantly better than what we have.  So .. Not really in answer to the OP :unsure:

40 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

Adebayo Akinfenwa would have been a quality signing

No, he would have been a quantity signing

Archived